IGNORED

GPLHOW2

RXB

Thanks for doing the GPLHOW2F tutorial! Very well explained. It clearly show that GPL is NOT slow, considering you had to put in some delay loops :)

At least when you compare it to TI (Extended) Basic.

Quite sure that for many games GPL would have been more than fast enough. Thinking about Munchman, Popeye, Pitfall.

It's also amazing how compact the GPL program is.

I'd never thought I'd see GPL video tutorials in 2011!

Keep up the good work ;)

Thanks for doing the GPLHOW2F tutorial! Very well explained. It clearly show that GPL is NOT slow, considering you had to put in some delay loops :)

At least when you compare it to TI (Extended) Basic.

Quite sure that for many games GPL would have been more than fast enough. Thinking about Munchman, Popeye, Pitfall.

It's also amazing how compact the GPL program is.

I'd never thought I'd see GPL video tutorials in 2011!

Keep up the good work ;)

Thanks, I will keep putting them out working on a game now to show how easy it is to speed up Basic or XB to GPL speed.

• 2 weeks later...

GPLHOW2H

Sinutaneous Sound lists and Interrupt timer in GPL

Also a key to intercept the Sound list address of present sound list and put back into play.

Rich,

I copied your source files to my TI-99/4A where I assembled them and loaded the object file to my HSGPL card. I also watched your you tube demo. Now I have to sit down and try and understand what you have done. Nice work.

Jacques

I copied your source files to my TI-99/4A where I assembled them and loaded the object file to my HSGPL card. I also watched your you tube demo. Now I have to sit down and try and understand what you have done. Nice work.

Jacques

Well this will help say you plug in the values from a CALL SOUND like in the demo. Use the Soundtable Basic program.

CALL SOUND( 400,330,2,131,6)

Generator #? 1 is the first one.

Duration ? 400

Frequency ? 330

Volume ? 2

BYTE >03,>83,>15,>91,>18,>00

Now the second half.

Generator#? 2

Duration ? 400

Frequency ? 131

Volume ? 6

BYTE >03,>A6,>35,>B3,>18,>00

Combine them like this:

>03+>03=>06, throw away the first >18 (Duration) and >00 then make a new list:

BYTE >06,>83,>15,>91,>A6,>35,>B3,>18,>00

The >06 is number of bytes to play not counting the Duration byte of >18 and >00 is the value to tell it to stop playing.

But we still have one more problem and that is it will never stop playing the last note per Generator so Tursi gave me this list:

>8x xx - Channel 1 frequency

>9x - Channel 1 volume

>Ax xx - channel 2 frequency

>Bx - channel 2 volume

>Cx xx - channel 3 frequency

>Dx - channel 3 volume

>Ex - Noise type

>Fx - noise volume

Now with this in hand we can add in new Volumes to turn then off (mute).

BYTE >06,>83,>15,>91,>A6,>35,>B3,>18

BYTE >02,>9F,>BF,>00

We took away the >00 to end the list and added a new list of >02 bytes >9F mute Gen#1 and >BF mute Gen#2, then >00 to stop playing.

Edited by RXB

• 2 months later...

Very nice! By the way you mentioned in the video that classic99 looks blurry after you upgraded. That's probably a video filter being active.

Personally I don't like it when an emulator tries to emulate a television, so that the first thing I turn off.

The below classic99 menu options should do the trick for you ;)

Video -> Filter mode -> None

Very nice! By the way you mentioned in the video that classic99 looks blurry after you upgraded. That's probably a video filter being active.

Personally I don't like it when an emulator tries to emulate a television, so that the first thing I turn off.

The below classic99 menu options should do the trick for you ;)

Video -> Filter mode -> None

Thanks that really makes it look better. Why the devil is the default TV

Isn't default Super2xSaI. TV Mode is super cool. No other TI emulator does that (afaik). I of course work with filters off. :)

Yeah, it is, but defaults are only in effect when you don't already have a Classic99.ini, so when you upgrade, you get the old setting. It shouldn't have changed, but sometimes there's just no explaining it, since you can't roll back time to see how it happened. You fix it and move on. ;)

Isn't default Super2xSaI. TV Mode is super cool. No other TI emulator does that (afaik). I of course work with filters off. :)

Yeah, it is, but defaults are only in effect when you don't already have a Classic99.ini, so when you upgrade, you get the old setting. It shouldn't have changed, but sometimes there's just no explaining it, since you can't roll back time to see how it happened. You fix it and move on. ;)

Cool that may have been it so looks great now after I screwed around with it. When you use full screen how to you get out?

Cool that may have been it so looks great now after I screwed around with it. When you use full screen how to you get out?

Alt-Enter is the hotkey for full screen, that will take you out again.

I've been considering dropping it, it's a pain in the butt.... :)

• 2 months later...