IGNORED

New game released: DOWNFALL!

CyranoJ

Finally had a chance to play this today. Excellent release, nice work guys. It's more than a little addictive, despite it's simplicity (or maybe because of it?)

Anyway I got a fairly decent score.

post-605-0-23733500-1303927753_thumb.jpg

At first I was gutted when I hit the bottom (those red shoe levels are haaard), but then I saw the score, and I'm quite happy to be branded a leet one :D

• Like 6

Looks like Downfall made it on 1up's 31 Homebrew Games Worth Playing list. It's definitely nice to see it get that kind of recognition. :)
Very nice! It's well-deserved. I actually just played it myself a few moments ago (along with SuperflyDX).. :)

Just be aware that if you follow that link you should ignore the comments section - seems someone who used to frequent these parts has taken it upon himself to create spoof accounts in an attempt to cause the kind of trouble he used to revel in both here and on js2 before the ban hammer saw to him on both forums. Great way to reaffirm what many already think about the fabled 'Jaguar Community', but there you go, jealousy obviously motivates some people more than simply being productive or helpful :?

• Like 7

Just be aware that if you follow that link you should ignore the comments section - seems someone who used to frequent these parts has taken it upon himself to create spoof accounts in an attempt to cause the kind of trouble he used to revel in both here and on js2 before the ban hammer saw to him on both forums. Great way to reaffirm what many already think about the fabled 'Jaguar Community', but there you go, jealousy obviously motivates some people more than simply being productive or helpful :?

Wow. What a sad excuse for a human being. That's so unbelievably pathetic it's almost pitiable. Almost...

In other news - 23082, my best so far. Got shoved off the top of the screen in the ladders. :mad: :D

• Like 4

It's a real honor to be listed in the Top 31 article, and such a shame that it has to be marred by someone who can't seem to let go.

We've contacted the 1up site to explain what's going on in their comments sections, but to be honest, with the size of the site, I don't think much will happen. I would like to one again thank everyone for their continued support, both now, and over the past few years. We will continue to support the Jaguar, it's a great little console to play around on.

• Like 6

More proof my version is seriously broken, won't go past 5K now.. I am going to send it back and demand a full refund.. well after a few more goes at least :D

Just keep at it, Linky, you'll be able to hang with the big boys eventually. :D

Just be aware that if you follow that link you should ignore the comments section[...]

Are you crazy ? It's the best part of the page, gave me 10 minutes of fun in my day :P

And it's also very informative, seems like Jagfest UK will have new organization this year ?

Btw, it's nice to see your game on this short list. Great job guys !

Would have been nice to see also some Lynx games like Alpine Games or Zaku, but a short list is allways too short :D

• Like 3

Still, it's very sad when certain individuals have to resort to identity theft in order to belittle other people's efforts. Anyway, Downfall made it to the list and actions speak far louder than words. So I'll patiently wait for 5 more years (2 have already passed) so as to see some actions.

• Like 6

I read through the comments on 1up. I'm too embarassed for the Jaguar community to post any follow-ups there.

Seriously people, let it go, on both sides.

It's not the "Jaguar community" - for the large part, like every other retro corner of the internet, it is fine. This thread is proof enough of that. This is just the childish trolling of one or two people. Please don't brush the entire community with their actions.

• Like 9

It's not the "Jaguar community" - for the large part, like every other retro corner of the internet, it is fine. This thread is proof enough of that. This is just the childish trolling of one or two people. Please don't brush the entire community with their actions.

I would like to agree, but I've been here too long and seen too many divisions and flamewars.

• Like 2

In other news - 23082, my best so far. Got shoved off the top of the screen in the ladders. :mad: :D

More proof my version is seriously broken, won't go past 5K now.. I am going to send it back and demand a full refund.. well after a few more goes at least :D

You'll figure it out Linko. And after you do you'll be an even better coder for it! :)