IGNORED

Super Nintendo collectors, what do you recommend? (EXCLUDING GAMES)

I have a USA Super Nintendo with region mods switches (for lockout and speed) and a Game Genie for silly fun. Just wondering, besides games any other recommendations from SNES fans regarding controllers, add-ons, peripherals etc? Suggestions and comments, even things you strongly feel I should avoid lol! Thanks in advance!

Avoid the Nakitek Game Saver. It's a great idea but I have yet to find a game that works on it.

I use one of these as a Jap->US converter. I fiddled with the save-state feature once and it worked fine for me on Super Castlevania IV. Haven't really ever had the need to use that function though.

It seems rather obvious, but I'm going to have to recommend the Super GameBoy. Even if you have the GameBoy Player for the Gamecube, there was quite a bit of exclusive content that was only available for the Super GameBoy. May it be giving speech and music to games that didn't normally have it, various borders and screen colors, and in Space Invaders case the SNES version of the game on the GB cart, its just a cool little item to have for ones SNES collection that doesn't break the bank.

I honestly was pretty surprised to see just how many games made use of the SGB, here is a link to the games that take advantage of it and what it does. If you own a Super Nintendo and a bunch of GameBoy carts, its really a no brainer and something you probably own already, but IMHO one of the best peripherals for any console ever.

• Like 1

The Super Gameboy was much, much cooler, before the Gameboy Player came out for the Gamecube.... Now the GBP *has* to be one of the coolest console accessories, ever, and makes owing a Gamecube worth it, alone. The SGB is still very cool, but not in the running for coolest console accessory ever. I'd say it's still worth having one - if you're getting a SNES anyway. But it's cool factor is nowhere close to the Gameboy Player.

The Super Gameboy was much, much cooler, before the Gameboy Player came out for the Gamecube.... Now the GBP *has* to be one of the coolest console accessories, ever, and makes owing a Gamecube worth it, alone. The SGB is still very cool, but not in the running for coolest console accessory ever. I'd say it's still worth having one - if you're getting a SNES anyway. But it's cool factor is nowhere close to the Gameboy Player.

Yeah but you don't get the borders, and you can't play the SNES version of Space Invaders built into the GB Space Invaders cart. :P

Yeah but you don't get the borders, and you can't play the SNES version of Space Invaders built into the GB Space Invaders cart. :P

Very true! I still really like the SGB. There are also some games with "Super Game Boy Enhancements" I think that go a little beyond the borders, although I can't remember what they are. I think it was more colors, or something, and the GBP doesn't use them. Interestingly, the GB emulator for the DS will do the borders and all that Super Game Boy stuff; I was impressed.

I was really thrilled with the SNES Space Invaders built into the GB release, then one day I found Space Invaders for SNES in its own cartridge, outright. I was expecting something different, and it was the same thing....which is a good thing, I suppose. But I'll never forget the first time I played it and saw the message "Space Invaders are invading your SNES"

I think the Super GameBoy let you play Toshinden against a second player without the linkup baloney you'd need if you were playing it with GameBoys.

I had a Power Plug and my opinion's the same as above.... nifty for adding turbo fire to any controller, but not the most convenient otherwise. I guess the fake-analog steering feature was neat to play with, but hardly makes the thing a must-have. Super Scope had a couple really cool games though, those two Battle Clash were super cool.

The Capcom Pad Soldier is a great controller for Street Fighter and other 6-button fighting games. It looks awkward but is actually very comfortable to hold.

$(KGrHqZ,!l4E2EEKctCHBNlv9PDcow~~_35.JPG

It's good to have a controller with turbo fire for shmups. I used to have the Interact SN ProPad and it was very good. Felt pretty durable. Might get one of these again someday.

snpropad.jpg

The Capcom Pad Soldier is a great controller for Street Fighter and other 6-button fighting games. It looks awkward but is actually very comfortable to hold.

Hahahahahahah... you're kidding, right? That's the absolute worst controller for the SNES or Genesis that I've ever touched, and I owned one for each. Puny little d-pad makes it nearly impossible to pull of fighting game moves.

Hahahahahahah... you're kidding, right? That's the absolute worst controller for the SNES or Genesis that I've ever touched, and I owned one for each. Puny little d-pad makes it nearly impossible to pull of fighting game moves.

The dpad is pretty much exactly the same as official SNES pads.