IGNORED

Reactris - AC2011

LinkoVitch

Had a chance to check this out last night. There was some background gfx corruption and the entire game area didn't fit on my screen due to using an NTSC display, but it was looking sweet. It's awesome seeing something in high res on the Jag. I'm really looking forward to this being finished. Great job so far, Linky! :)

even though it was actually a 640x480 screen with 16bit objects :lol:

Yes, it is a high definition game by Jaguar standards (the first one ? or at least on of the first one to use this definition, but I may be wrong).

The detailled graphs made by sh3-rg looks very good in this definition.

Thanks for the kind words guys, all very much appreciated.. of course I should really be cursing you! all this positive feedback means I can't just give up and kick back :D you swines!

This is the most fun I have had coding on the Jag, and so much more potential in the system than what I have touched. I do plan to finish Reactris, hopefully I will be able to avoid getting stuck fine tuning and get it released. See how much I get done in the epic 2 week bank holiday bonanza we have coming in the UK :) assuming Portal 2 doesn't eat too much of my time :)

Atari_Owl: yup :) finger well and truly out and having a whale of a time :)

• Like 6

Yes, it is a high definition game by Jaguar standards (the first one ? or at least on of the first one to use this definition, but I may be wrong).
AFAIK, yes, it's the first one.

The first one to be publicly demo'd at least... Not the first one to have work started on it.

I'll be spending a bit more than 24 hours on it :) no point rushing, have corrected a few of the issues in that release already, may redo some of the code to make it nicer too.

Does that include support for NTSC? :)

That's pretty awesome for only 24 hours worth of work. I'd love to see what it looks like with another 24 put in! :lust:

Sure... but we all have tons of stuff like that. Doesn't count if you don't actually release it :P

Agreed, on both points.

Simply amazing for 24 hours worth of work. I've been bashing away at mine for almost 6 months on and off and it's only just beginning to resemble a game now.

Demo coming soon, but it's not going to be terribly impressive until it gets a full re-write onto the GPU.

• Like 1

I'll be spending a bit more than 24 hours on it :) no point rushing, have corrected a few of the issues in that release already, may redo some of the code to make it nicer too.

I remembered I have an NTSC jag last night just as I got into bed, so I may be able to try and get it sorted easier than I thought :) Damn pesky NTSC and its fewer scan lines! :D

I remembered I have an NTSC jag last night just as I got into bed, so I may be able to try and get it sorted easier than I thought :) Damn pesky NTSC and its fewer scan lines! :D

Nice, great to hear! :cool:

Can't believe someone as handy as yourself hasn't taken 10 minutes to fit a switch into one of your machines :lol:

Particularly as he already did a BJL jag for me!

Mind you it did take about 4 years to happen :P

Seriously though, many thanks Link.

:P :D :D

I still owe you two socketted 16 bit blank carts IIRC too :D I keep finding them periodically :)

I have never had a need for NTSC, so haven't made the mod, plus I hate having switches and stuff poking out of my kit :)