IGNORED

Atari 2600 Zookeeper NTSC

Wonder007

No news is good news. ;)

Yeah, in all cases except Charlie Brown.

The "no news" time period took YEARS. That kind of patience is hard to come by.

But it's all ok now...oh...wait a second...nope...a charlie brown cartridge still isn't in my hands.

still waiting...

No news is good news. ;)

But it's all ok now...oh...wait a second...nope...a charlie brown cartridge still isn't in my hands.

still waiting...

Not to be a prick here, but aren't you sitting on a few unreleased Neo Geo protos. I've been waiting for those for a long long looooong time and they're still not in my hands. :ponder:

Tempest

No news is good news. ;)

still waiting...

It is what it is.......can't make everybody happy and I do apologize for that.

I did not know that you own unreleased Neo Geo protos, tell us more about those, I'd like to know more about them.

No news is good news. ;)

still waiting...

Not to be a prick here, but aren't you sitting on a few unreleased Neo Geo protos. I've been waiting for those for a long long looooong time and they're still not in my hands. :ponder:

Tempest

Not at all, your actually right. I apologize. The tone of my text did not come through correctly. I was merely exaggerating in regards to Charlie Brown. It was actually meant to be funny, but it came off rude. I'm sorry! 2600 Turbo also comes to mind as one that I really wanted badly and had to wait super long, but it was WELL worth it! I LOVE that game btw! I just really want Charlie Brown and were finally rounding 3rd base on that one and as such I am overly excited about it.

And Matt, in regards to the protos, my situation is often very similar to yours. "Sitting" on something of your own, and/or just holding something for someone else are two very different things. Just like you, I do alot of "preservation" for those who cannot and just because I technically "have" something does not mean I "control" it. As an example (perfect one I might add in relation to my post just above this one!) There are emulated pics of Charlie Brown on your website...so clearly you have the rom image, but obviously you cannot distribute it! And that is but one of dozens of examples on your website. So does that mean you are "sitting" on all of these games? No, and I would think that it would not be fair for someone to say that of you.

No news is good news. ;)

still waiting...

Tempest

Not at all, your actually right. I apologize. The tone of my text did not come through correctly. I was merely exaggerating in regards to Charlie Brown. It was actually meant to be funny, but it came off rude. I'm sorry! 2600 Turbo also comes to mind as one that I really wanted badly and had to wait super long, but it was WELL worth it! I LOVE that game btw! I just really want Charlie Brown and were finally rounding 3rd base on that one and as such I am overly excited about it.

And Matt, in regards to the protos, my situation is often very similar to yours. "Sitting" on something of your own, and/or just holding something for someone else are two very different things. Just like you, I do alot of "preservation" for those who cannot and just because I technically "have" something does not mean I "control" it. As an example (perfect one I might add in relation to my post just above this one!) There are emulated pics of Charlie Brown on your website...so clearly you have the rom image, but obviously you cannot distribute it! And that is but one of dozens of examples on your website. So does that mean you are "sitting" on all of these games? No, and I would think that it would not be fair for someone to say that of you.

Fair enough. I misconstrued the tone of your post. Sorry about that, but it's a touchy subject with me. :)

Tempest

Just like you, I do alot of "preservation" for those who cannot and just because I technically "have" something does not mean I "control" it. As an example (perfect one I might add in relation to my post just above this one!) There are emulated pics of Charlie Brown on your website...so clearly you have the rom image, but obviously you cannot distribute it! And that is but one of dozens of examples on your website.

What if some of these were "accidentally" leaked to the user community through anonymous sources?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OT, but is there any way that we could post a master list (as a 'sticky') of known, unreleased protos for each system without outing the owners of the protos? I don't collect protos myself (although I've ended up with quite a few), and don't really want to acquire any unless they're released to the general public, but would like to see what's out there, for instance, for the Lynx. I'm also not a fan of badgering owners, and it might be nice if they could post a pic or two of their finds anonymously without the risk of being harrassed. Any thoughts?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...