IGNORED

Rebooteroids!

CyranoJ

• 1 month later...

Next Jagfest I'll get as many Lynxes as I have games for them and keep them all switched on all the time; with me having to sit and switch games all the time I missed out on trying Rebooteroids (and Moles) myself. The game looks so cool, I love the vector/Neon style... just damn sexy.

• Like 7

It really is a fine game, played it a while on ejagfest. I like the different approach with wave pattern then just randomly shoot asteroids. Besides this the graphics are AAA. It is only missing music. I also missed that in kobayashi maru. I know, the shot has a very frequent noise, but that didn't stopped minter to put in great music in T2K while shooting with the annoying particle laser :-D

I'm looking forward to this one, I play the silent Asteroids we have now, as unfinished as it is, and really enjoy it. Rebooteroids looks and sounds fantastic, even with the poor quality video I've seen. I can't wait to get it on my LCD projector with RGB>VGA. I agree that some rockin' soundtracks are needed too! Maybe even the option to control the volume of specifics like ship's shots. But I suppose I can always play the T2K or D2K soundtracks while playing Rebooteroids.

Edited by Gunstar

• 1 month later...
I agree that some rockin' soundtracks are needed too!

I'm very pleased to be able to announce that 505 (Nils Feske) has agreed to make the in-game soundtracks for Rebooteroids. 505's music was last heard on the Jaguar in Degz and Impulse X.

Maybe even the option to control the volume of specifics like ship's shots

Already implemented as an option from the BMX menu.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 3

I love the music in Degz too, but it's not hard-hitting Techno like T2K, D2K and I-war, my favorite Jag musix. Imagitec were the best at Jag musix.

Edited by Gunstar

There's not exactly loads left to do programming-wise, but we're not rushing it and not forcing ourselves to work on it just to get it done (because that kind of ruins the whole point of making games in the first place :-) ). 505 is working on some in-game music, I've got the levels to work on and CJ has been looking at 2-player game modes in order to extend the use people will get out of the cart. Then there will have to be a concerted effort to thoroughly test the game into the ground and iron out any little niggles before we fire up the multi-cart gang flasher nyan.png:lol:

For now, there are a number of CD releases to sort out (not just Reboot releases but working with others as well). Bringing those together, doing all the design and layout and dealing with the companies involved all takes time and effort (it's likely to be at least 4 or 5 months before we're done with those for our part). Any money above break-even for those will go directly to purchasing a large order of flash carts and/or towards paying for all the other things that go along with a cart release - boxes, inserts, manuals, etc. There's a 2-month lead time for flash cart orders plus any extra time spent with customs. We already have 100s of cart shells purchased with the money from our previous releases and KM:F selling so well has really set us off nicely on the long road to our target - but we're talking an investment of well over £5,000.00 ($8,000.00) to make it happen, obviously the less of that we have to put up front from our own pockets the better, especially given how unstable the economy is with far more serious concerns such as paying the mortgage and feeding the kids :-)

So, realistically, people will have plenty of time to play through Another World a few times before they have to start considering purchasing Rebooteroids :lol:

• Like 1