IGNORED

Rebooteroids!

CyranoJ

The button mapping is just for the menu, in game needs a/b/c - so those 1 button rotaries are useless :)

Or you could read the buttons from a second pad... in a one player game it doesn't even take any longer to read both ports at once... for two player you'd wanna poke at the extended teamtap ports to do it which might not be entirely worthwhile...

The button mapping is just for the menu, in game needs a/b/c - so those 1 button rotaries are useless :)

I did no took time to play the game (and I suck at asteriods like game, just cannot manage moving and shooting without dying, I usually stay in the center, and fire while rotating :ponder: )

So, shoot, teleport (I have seen someone use this), what is the 3rd button for ?

How do you plan on holding and using a rotary and also pushing buttons on a 2nd pad?

I don't, I build proper rotaries :P

But before I came along and started the current trend of having them inside the standard pads, a lot of people played with one button hacked ones. some of those have gotta still be around.

Also, this game isn't being designed by committee :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KazkRxmU8hE

• Like 1

Reminds me of the update premise for PacMan DX, looking good. Also, is that the same ship from project one??

Thanks. The ship in the space level is the same design as the P1 ship, but a new version with 64 rotations scaled from 128x128 originals to prevent them looking too pixelated. It won't look exactly the same in the final game, there's one or two reasons why it won't be suitable. Each world/theme will have a unique ship design, along with all other game elements.

• 2 months later...

This looks pretty good. Just one question, why are the numbers so large? To me they seem obtrusive on the screen.

That will be different in the final game, both size & appearance. They are CRY light maps, they blend with the game objects rather than obstruct them, but in that build they are too bright and too large.

This looks pretty good. Just one question, why are the numbers so large? To me they seem obtrusive on the screen.

That will be different in the final game, both size & appearance. They are CRY light maps, they blend with the game objects rather than obstruct them, but in that build they are too bright and too large.

Cool, thanks for the reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Mighty quiet on Rebooteroids news. Whats happening? Still on target for a 2011 release?

CJ's ramblings mentioned it is best with a rotary that has 72 clicks or more per revolution and uses Chaos Reins as a good example. Makes me wonder how this compares to other rotaries especially the new MK2 which I was leaning toward buying.