IGNORED

PSN Outage

SpiceWare

I've been watching Netflix on my PS3. After I click the Netflix icon, It asks to sign in (PSN), says it cant, then the netflix screen pops up...

You'll get the loading gray squares under the Netflix logo, than it will say cant connect, try again later. Keep trying. After about 2 or 3 tries the menu pops up.

Takes alot longer to load the movie titles, but it works.

Not sure if others have said this already as I have not read thru all of the pages here...

Edited by The MilkMan

Has this been upgraded to "PSN Outrage" yet? The 2001 website with the personal info, the figureheads talking out of their buttcracks, the investigations, the simply inept way Sony guarded our personal information, removing Other OS, targeting third party peripherals, and continually subjecting gamers to update after update after update in the name of "your security" when all people want to do is play some damn games, and a handful of other things that I'm forgetting right now. I, for one, am outraged by everything Playstation-related nowadays and have lost complete and total faith in their ability to wipe their own butt, much less handle a major network like PSN.

• Like 3

Has this been upgraded to "PSN Outrage" yet? The 2001 website with the personal info, the figureheads talking out of their buttcracks, the investigations, the simply inept way Sony guarded our personal information, removing Other OS, targeting third party peripherals, and continually subjecting gamers to update after update after update in the name of "your security" when all people want to do is play some damn games, and a handful of other things that I'm forgetting right now. I, for one, am outraged by everything Playstation-related nowadays and have lost complete and total faith in their ability to wipe their own butt, much less handle a major network like PSN.

I agree with enough of that for a +1.

I think this should put a major dent in Sony's pocket and it should more then likely screw them up real nice when the start thinking about the next generation. There are a few problems with this however.

• The PS3 is already in homes all over the world so they get away with this one pretty good. "We already have your money so you can go !@#$ yourself!"
  • Sony fanboys will still be dying to get Sony stuff. If Sony gave this personal information away there would still be people lining up to buy the PS4.
  • Sony has already gotten away with this. We are pissing in the wind. It wont matter in the end.

I personally hate that I'm going to have to miss out of some good games because Sony has exclusive rights to them or owns them in total. However, not playing the next Little Big Planet game is a small price to pay for making sure I don't get my credit card information stolen, or simply walked off with as this seems to have been pretty freaking easy when you think about how hard is SHOULD have been to crack the security of one of the largest companies on the face of the planet!

Release a PS4 Sony, many will buy it, I will not be on that list. There is simply no way I will come close to thinking about getting another piece of hardware from you. Follow Sega into software production only, just don't suck at it like they have for a while now. Oh, and make sure its not security software you're making, you suck at that!

• Like 2

Just got an email about Michaels stores getting hacked in Chicago. Now I need to cancel my debit card. (CC terminals)

Also Deus Sites get hacked:

http://www.destructoid.com/deus-ex-sites-hacked-80-000-registered-users-at-risk-201049.phtml

This is just how life is going to be these days.

If its not Sony its someone else getting hacked.

• Like 1

Just got an email about Michaels stores getting hacked in Chicago. Now I need to cancel my debit card. (CC terminals)

Also Deus Sites get hacked:

http://www.destructoid.com/deus-ex-sites-hacked-80-000-registered-users-at-risk-201049.phtml

This is just how life is going to be these days.

If its not Sony its someone else getting hacked.

I think most gamers, especially PS3 owners were a bit shellshocked at first over this, but you hit the nail on the head, really. This is how it is now, since we're so reliant on digital payment processing systems for everything. For every 48,000bit encryption scheme some security firm might come up with, there's at least one nutball hacker or disgruntled ex employee who knows how to crack it.

Sucks.

But it's better than getting held up at gunpoint for your cash. At least we can get new numbers/cards when bad stuff happens, and it's all insured.

Edited by Underball
  • Like 1

I just got my Game Informer yesterday and they claim Anonymous was the group that brought down PSN. I thought they denied any connection to it? I do remember that Sony claimed Anon. did it but after seeing the message they said they found, it seemed like a set up to me. I know Anonymous has been having issues and there has been some sort of split in the group of late. Maybe it was this split off Anonymous group? Personally I still think it was an inside job and one or more of the 205 workers fired recently had something to do with it.

I just got my Game Informer yesterday and they claim Anonymous was the group that brought down PSN. I thought they denied any connection to it? I do remember that Sony claimed Anon. did it but after seeing the message they said they found, it seemed like a set up to me. I know Anonymous has been having issues and there has been some sort of split in the group of late. Maybe it was this split off Anonymous group? Personally I still think it was an inside job and one or more of the 205 workers fired recently had something to do with it.

I'm guessing it's one of the splitters of Anon's group, and Anon didn't want any credit for the work of someone they're having a feud with. Either way I don't think game informer should be pointing fingers, most people would actually take them as a credible source when nothing has been proven yet.

The only few times I've used my debit card and it was to pay a large amount for my kids birthday party\activity there and of course they get hacked. I couldnt beleive I had to cancel two cards within a few months.

Shouldn't have done that. Last time I ever use it.

Now I'm not sure who may have cracked Sony. I thought it was an inside job (ex-employees) but now I'm not so sure.

I'm guessing it's one of the splitters of Anon's group, and Anon didn't want any credit for the work of someone they're having a feud with. Either way I don't think game informer should be pointing fingers, most people would actually take them as a credible source when nothing has been proven yet.

I agree, completely. I would not be surprised if Sony paid them to say that seeing as they probably know that people think Game-informer is a credible source of information.

• Like 1

Sounds like Sony is still trying to pass the blame so they do not have to admit it was there fault. I refuse to buy products from a company that after almost a month still will not admit it was there fault the breach happened because of crappy security. This anonymous person was probably paid to say these things.

PSN is partially back up:

Hulu, MLB.TV, etc etc are all back

Online gaming is back

Chat and Trophy comparison are back

Home is back

PSN Store is not back.

You have to download and install Update 3.61 and then change your password to log onto PSN.

Okay, now I have a complaint with this....

I change my password and log it; okay, that cool.

I log into Account Management and check my Billing Preference and all my CC info is still there! WHAT THE HELL???????

C'mon Sony... you made me change my password. Couldn't you also WIPE OUT MY CC INFO AND MAKE ME RE-ENTER IT IF I DESIRE TO USE A CC FOR PURCHASES?????? Shouldn't entering new CC info be just as important for security as re-entering a new password??

Sigh..... okay, so I use the CLEAR BILLING INFO and wipe out all my CC info. But now I wonder: does this CLEAR BILLING INFO action wipe out all history of my CC from Sony? As an example, if I was signed up for Playstation Plus (which I'm not), would they still bill the CC that had been on file with them for renewal of PS+ or did my wiping out my billing info mean I will have to give them a new CC number for renewal?

I guess its back to the phone, call Sony, and sit on hold endlessly hoping for a correct answer.

Mendon

As an example, if I was signed up for Playstation Plus (which I'm not), would they still bill the CC that had been on file with them for renewal of PS+ or did my wiping out my billing info mean I will have to give them a new CC number for renewal?

I would definitely have to say that you will have to put a new card on file.

Luckily I don't use PSN for anything other than to watch Netflix. (and download games)

I know the feeling though. No communication. Things just happen and then you get a we are sorry email weeks later.

It sucks....they still deserve more beatings, so I would call and let them have it again. :twisted:

Still waiting for someone to fire Kaz "I'm and idiot" Harai...

Okay, now I have a complaint with this....

I change my password and log it; okay, that cool.

I log into Account Management and check my Billing Preference and all my CC info is still there! WHAT THE HELL???????

C'mon Sony... you made me change my password. Couldn't you also WIPE OUT MY CC INFO AND MAKE ME RE-ENTER IT IF I DESIRE TO USE A CC FOR PURCHASES?????? Shouldn't entering new CC info be just as important for security as re-entering a new password??

456956-0E58V4X.gif

Sony may not be the most incompetent company ever, but they're pretty damn close to it.

I would definitely have to say that you will have to put a new card on file.

You might be 100% correct.

Still, knowing that Navy Seal Team Six would have difficulty getting a CC number back from MS, I find it hard to believe that Sony will erase CC info with just one click of a button from me.

Mendon

Yay, let's all go buy a bunch of PS3 games, DLC, and videos.

Oh wait, no I don't think I'll be doing that.

Sony will have to bribe me to come back on their network. When does that happen?

I don't need them and their garbage, they need me.

edit: here's some more BS to watch. I note a dodge out of a real apology and any significant acceptance of responsibility. Why does this guy still have his job?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tHl6O5Sp8w

Edited by Reaperman