IGNORED

DeathChase

xxl

if You want do panel for this game, please read:

>>>for panel you can use P0,P1,P2,P3,M0,M1 mutlicolor PM, Missiles - 5th Player

>>And in Hands Lines?

>the same.

---

>Don't want to get into your work but this is making me thinking, thinking and now you're saying that M2,M3 and P3 are used?

for hands line do not use M2 & M3

Nice stuff.

Seeing this running faster as on the Speccy is prizeless :)

Just one thing. Isn't the night supposed to be black?

Or make it all green, just like Night-vision-goggles ;)

Heaven is the darkest, enemies are the brightest objects (because they use lights. Trees darker than the enemies. Even the border could act on the day and night cycle.

Till now, "night" look like some fog appeares :)

Not much time, but have some time this afternoon:

post-6517-0-00726000-1308680400_thumb.png

And the G2F Files:

dcpanel g2f_32wide 2nd try.zip

(if someone can save '.xex' I'll appreciate, no Windows XP on these days)

XXL please see if these coloures Panel PMs not affect the Moving and the Trees.

(that cell with a little light green are there to simulate a Tree... Luminances graduation according to Emkay suggestion)

I got colour14 more Darkest Luminances for Night.

For Day maybe the same colour with Lighest ones...

But it can have other colour...

Edited by José Pereira

I'd say the Board has to look like the game itself. Also the "Driver" has to fit to the colours of the gamescreen. It looks odd when colours change there.

post-2756-0-25983100-1308686974_thumb.png

Some added luminance could help better imho.

I disagree. You get a totally Mono looking Game.

In Playing Area you probably can't do more than using Luminances of the same colour but at least we can have the Panel and Motor other colours, I think...

Let's wait for what XXL says.

I'd say the Board has to look like the game itself. Also the "Driver" has to fit to the colours of the gamescreen. It looks odd when colours change there.

I couldn't disagree more ;) We want colours! :cool:

Edited by Jacques

Looks good :thumbsup:

I've not played the original game but was just thinking that I hope the game has sections where you have to follow a path - more like a driving game forcing you to keep moving, rather than just stay still unless you have to move (like encounter between levels). If not may be this could be added to give variety?

If you need any play testing put me down ;)

Can't say I was a huge fan of the Speccy original, played it a few times, I was pretty rubbish at it to be honest and I hate colour clash, just makes the screen look so ugly.

Saying that, there were some goodies on the machine...

In search of a good game you must be prepared to play all the machines out there, fan boys miss out on so many great titles...

I couldn't disagree more ;) We want colours! :cool:

Then go back to the 70s and tell the chipdesigner that there exist more than NTSC TV in the world ;)

It's according to the original to have the driver sitting in the board range and being a part of the game. It's still up to XXL how it will get finally.

I disagree. You get a totally Mono looking Game.

In Playing Area you probably can't do more than using Luminances of the same colour but at least we can have the Panel and Motor other colours, I think...

Let's wait for what XXL says.

"Mono looking game" ? It's hires with all it's limitations. And to use some colours that don't fit together, doesn't make the game looking better

A good solution could be to use the board of my proposal and to make a shape for the vessel.

The way the tops of the gloves change to show directional change, appearing as if the glow of the weapon fire is highlighting them as they move closer to the front of the turret, gives it a nice effect. ;) And it makes sense that the riders apparel would reflect the colors of the surroundings, even if we can't see those colors necessarily in those surroundings...Very nice.

Edited by AtariNerd

If you like to abstain from a colour graphic set, but include some colors in highres anyway, you could also apply the PAL-mixing scheme which I applied here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/34916-graph2fnt/page__st__725__p__1786016#entry1786016

A quick (incomplete) mockup how this could look (note: stripes are not visible on PAL and colouring is exposed also on skipped lines (more intense)).

Sorry, no time for the driver now.

post-7778-0-66879800-1308919253_thumb.png

post-7778-0-68437100-1308919262_thumb.png

dc.g2f.zip

Edited by Irgendwer

Is it even necessary to do the whole thing in hires ?

The treetops from about 1 character up from horizon level could be multicolour without loss of detail.

In fact the whole game aside from status area could probably be done in multicolour - the only real loss of detail would be in some of the enemies.

Is it even necessary to do the whole thing in hires ?

The treetops from about 1 character up from horizon level could be multicolour without loss of detail.

In fact the whole game aside from status area could probably be done in multicolour - the only real loss of detail would be in some of the enemies.

Ofcourse hires is needed. You have a more precise movement with it.