IGNORED

Does anyone have any early or promotional Infocom items.

Just as the title says I am a big fan of the old Infocom games. I think I have most of the series and the feelies but I'm looking for all the oddball items. Even if you don't want to sell post a picture if you have one so I can be on the lookout for them.

Posters,maps,T-shirts,promotional material,buttons,employee items, anything released by the Zork user groups. In general if you have something that a person could not walk into the store and buy even when it was current then I will be interested.

I know there are brass business cards for the 5th anniversary party out there.

I've seen a few large Zork maps and posters done really nice.

Business cards would be neat too.

I don't have much to offer in trade as far this material goes but I have lots to offer in other areas of gaming and then there is always cash.

Here are a few of the things I found pictures of online.

Early Zork color poster

01.jpg

Another Zork Poster

Zork22.png

Zork I Zork user group (ZUG) maps on pachment paper

zork_map_1s.jpg

zork1_zug_map_1s.jpg

zork1_zug_map_2s.jpg

Zork II ZUG map

zork2_zug_map_1s.jpg

zork2_zug_map_2s.jpg

Zork III ZUG map

zork3_zug_map_1s-1.jpg

zork3_zug_map_2s-1.jpg

ZUG Starcoss map

starcross_zug_map_1s.jpg

starcross_zug_map_2s.jpg

ZUG Deadline map

deadline_zug_map_1s.jpg

Infocom brass 5th anniversary card & Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy business card case

MVC-015S.jpg

MVC-012S.jpg

MVC-011S.jpg

Wow, that's nice stuff.

I only have the feelies which came with the games, and so far I have 32 Infocom games (across 7 different computer formats), 1 NES Infocom game, 1 Database (Cornerstone), 2 Infocomics, 2 Lost Treasures (Treasures 1 on floppies, Treasures 2 on CD), Zork Legacy Collection, 1 Zork 31/2" floppy The undiscovered underground (d/l), and 1 mini Zork on cassette (ZZAP64).

I'm still missing 13 games, and 2 Infocomics for completion.

Edited by high voltage

Wow, that's nice stuff.

I only have the feelies which came with the games, and so far I have 32 Infocom games (across 7 different computer formats), 1 NES Infocom game, 1 Database (Cornerstone), 2 Infocomics, 2 Lost Treasures (Treasures 1 on floppies, Treasures 2 on CD), Zork Legacy Collection, 1 Zork 31/2" floppy The undiscovered underground (d/l), and 1 mini Zork on cassette (ZZAP64).

Well none of that stuff in the above pictures is mine. The business card holder and brass card were mine but I sold them when I needed to raise funds for something else. I figured they wouldn't be that hard to replace and I'm finding out different.

I did manage to get my hands on these items.

Invisiclues Zork - Zork users groups version

MVC-020S-38.jpg

MVC-021S-34.jpg

I have the earlier Zork users group Zork (no I) map

MVC-022S-29.jpg

MVC-023S-24.jpg

Zork II map

MVC-024S-25.jpg

MVC-026S-24.jpg

Also one issue of New Zork Times and one of Status Line which are pretty common.

MVC-027S-24.jpg

MVC-028S-28.jpg

An unreleated to this but from the same seller came this Adventure International mail away hint sheet for Adventureland.

MVC-034S-14.jpg

Still looking for the other maps , buttons and posters.

Those Zork posters are absolutely awesome! Never new they existed. Want them badly now. :lust:

Aside from the games and compilations themselves, I have several issues of the NZT, some invisiclues (w/ maps& markers), and various scraps of paper ephemera like envelopes and catalogs.

Well when Infocom started selling Invisiclues maps were included. These maps came before Infocom sold the Invisiclues. I believe the Zork Users Group was started by fans but endorsed by Infocom? I'm not too sure on the history there. If someone knows for sure how it all played out I'd love to hear it.

I did "GET LAMP" hehe and was a little disappointed. There was a lot of what I would call filler footage from a few collectors. What real Infocom coverage they had was nice to see just wish there was more of it.

That's true; I wondered why they showed so many "collectors' walls." Some of the photos on Atari Age show much more impressive collections than that, if that tactile aspect of buying and hoarding games happens to be the viewer's fetish.

For the reasons you've stated, I actually enjoy the included Infocom documentary more than the Get Lamp feature itself. The Infocom one mainly comprises just a bunch of interviews, which is of course awesome. :)

Those Zork posters are absolutely awesome! Never new they existed. Want them badly now. :lust:

Aside from the games and compilations themselves, I have several issues of the NZT, some invisiclues (w/ maps& markers), and various scraps of paper ephemera like envelopes and catalogs.

Well when Infocom started selling Invisiclues maps were included. These maps came before Infocom sold the Invisiclues. I believe the Zork Users Group was started by fans but endorsed by Infocom? I'm not too sure on the history there. If someone knows for sure how it all played out I'd love to hear it.

I've got the Invisiclues maps. They appear to be direct copies of the ZUG maps, but stripped of all the artistic embellishments. :(

Any idea where the posters came from or what their story is? I can't get over how cool they are.

I've got the Invisiclues maps. They appear to be direct copies of the ZUG maps, but stripped of all the artistic embellishments. :(

Any idea where the posters came from or what their story is? I can't get over how cool they are.

Early copies of Infocom games had a send away form to buy these things. As far as I can tell they had 5 maps (zork 1,zork 2,zork 3,Deadline and starcross) 2 posters Zork 1&2, 5 or so Zork buttons and a t-shirt or 2. These days I'd be worried about a button or t-shirt because you can buy "new" copies of all of those these days.

I'm going to go check my Infocom games and see if I have an unused poster sendaway form, and if I do, I'm going to spend the rest of the evening kicking myself.

:thumbsup: :lol: No doubt, right? I had the blue Commodore-packed Zork II. I'd love to have kept the included paperwork. At the time, it just seemed like the trash that the actual game came in. I never thought to save any of those boxes, or the VCS ones...hmph.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nice copy of ZUG invisiclues! Would you consider trading it for anything? A complete copy of the Zork Trilogy maybe?

v_john_chambers@hotmail.com

Wow, that's nice stuff.

Well none of that stuff in the above pictures is mine. The business card holder and brass card were mine but I sold them when I needed to raise funds for something else. I figured they wouldn't be that hard to replace and I'm finding out different.

I did manage to get my hands on these items.

Invisiclues Zork - Zork users groups version

MVC-020S-38.jpg

MVC-021S-34.jpg

I have the earlier Zork users group Zork (no I) map

MVC-022S-29.jpg

MVC-023S-24.jpg

Zork II map

MVC-024S-25.jpg

MVC-026S-24.jpg

Also one issue of New Zork Times and one of Status Line which are pretty common.

MVC-027S-24.jpg

MVC-028S-28.jpg

An unreleated to this but from the same seller came this Adventure International mail away hint sheet for Adventureland.

MVC-034S-14.jpg

Still looking for the other maps , buttons and posters.

• 4 months later...

While not super early or anything, I've got a bunch of Infocom stuff for the Amiga. Always have been intrigued by them and their games. Will have to re-examine what all might be lurking in this stuff. Infocom always had great packaging, artwork, maps, little trinkets, etc. I always figured they *needed* all that stuff in there to make up for the fact most of their lines were simply text adventures in an era where fancy graphics were standard. lol

CIB for the Amiga, I have:

Ballyhoo

Battletech

Beyond Zork

Enchanter

Hollywood Hijinx

Moonmist

Sherlock Holmes

Trinity

...several loose original copies of various games and I know I have a C64 Invisiclues booklet as well as the C64 manuals for all the Zork's around here somewhere too. If anyone is looking for C64 Infocom stuff, LMK!

Edited by save2600

• 3 months later...

I see that someone has The New Zork Times BALLYHOO edition.

If you read the article it says if you order the game thru them you get a signed copy by the author.

For Atari there were 75 signed, I have no. 26/75. Its up for auction now with the Invisiclues and the issue of The New Zork Times.. I have a Leather Goodess T-Shirt but I included it with the game,

Also I have 12 issues of New Zork Times transition to The Status Line. One issue has Stars for its name. Also included the is the LAST edition of The Status Line Issue.

Check it out I have A lot of infocom Games listed.

Any thing out standing I just included them with the games.

I don't have anything singular. Like special thing out of the norm.

Boy it sure was painful for me to give that stuff up. I'd keep it if I had a place to set it all up, but I don't , and its doing no good in the closet.

I also have the ENTIRE Atari 1200XL Computer up for auction.

• 1 year later...