IGNORED

Lethal Enforcers Arcade Cabinet

Mr.Smiley

Hi,

I got my Lethal Enforcers Arcade Cabinet yesterday and since its my first coin-op I'm kind of freaking out how awesome it is :D

The cabinet is in an overall good condition, no scratches on both side arts, the marquee has no cracks and the control panel looks Ok for its age.

The Player 1 gun didn't work when we picked it up, so some friends came over yesterday and we spent about 3 hours fixing and soldering the gun and now it works again :)

Monitor has clear colors and sound works fine.

One problem we encountered was that sometimes when we tried to shot in the top left corner nothing happened but another time it worked fine. Calibrating both guns in the test mode didn't solve it. The manual says to degauss the monitor if you can't shoot certain areas but the built-in Hantarex Polo monitor already has an auto degauss function.

Does somebody know what else it could be or how to fix it? Will take some pictures as soon as I have a new fluorescent lamp behind the marquee ;)

Thanks!

Without replacing components, what did you have to solder on the lightgun in order to get it working again? Did the wires that go from the gun to the cabinet get all twisted up and short each other out? If so, then you probably have an I/O component issue. Or I'm guessing the optic in the gun might need to be replaced. Can't remember... is there a solenoid in those guns that provide kickback? If so, you can count on a healthy 24-40 volts to short things out if the wires got all twisted, frayed, etc. Wiring harnesses and optics can be had at happcontrols.com if that's what it ends up being.

First of all, both guns have the same issue with some slight targeting problems in the upper left corner not only the one we repaired. The rest of the screen works fine, even sometimes in the upper left corner. Is it possible that the tv needs some time to "heat up"? I'm not sure but i imagined that i gets better sometimes the longer the tv is on.

We checked every wire and connection in the broken gun with a multimeter and found one connection loose. The wire was only connected to its shrink tubing so we soldered it to the proper contact. There is no solenoid in any of the pistols.

Happy for any advise :)

Edited by Mr.Smiley

By the time it takes your monitor to display a nice/normal pic, it's "warmed" up enough for the optics in the gun to get a read properly. You've got good contrast and brightness, right? Screen isn't all washed out in brightness? Generally speaking, you turn the contrast up 3/4 to all the way up and then reduce the brightness to 1/2 or lower if black backgrounds are still grey. If your monitor seems okay, I'd suspect an I/O problem on the mainboard or... your machine might have a separate I/O board altogether. A board that connects the guns to the Jamma board that is. I had a Time Crisis 3 that wasn't very accurate (even after performing a calibration) or would only register every 3rd or 4th shot. Turned out an I.C. had blown on its I/O board.

Are you familiar with KLOV? Here's a link to the machine, where they have a forum with members that can often help diagnose more technical problems:

http://www.arcade-mu...hp?game_id=8419

Screen looks fine so far, even in color test mode. Some light burned in spaces are visible when the background is all white but nothing tragic i think.

I think ill try the remote function for the screen next, maybe i can tweak the image a little bit.

Thanks for the link, will check out the forum!