IGNORED

White Coleco Cartridge for Intellivision

HI there I dug into the HUGE LOT I bought last month. Found a white Coleco Cartridge for use with Intellivision the title is Donkey Kong. Sorry if this has been brought up in the past but that is an oddball item to me. Anyone ever seen anything like that ? Yeah I know that Coleco made white cartridges for the Atari 2600. And normally black cartridges for Intellivision. But white cartridge for Intellivision (PONDERING)....

HI there I dug into the HUGE LOT I bought last month. Found a white Coleco Cartridge for use with Intellivision the title is Donkey Kong. Sorry if this has been brought up in the past but that is an oddball item to me. Anyone ever seen anything like that ? Yeah I know that Coleco made white cartridges for the Atari 2600. And normally black cartridges for Intellivision. But white cartridge for Intellivision (PONDERING)....

I have already seen this kind of cartridge, i'm almost sure i have one somewhere in my collection.

But i don't know too much about it. would be also very interrested to know the story about that white cartridges.

I have already seen this kind of cartridge, i'm almost sure i have one somewhere in my collection.

But i don't know too much about it. would be also very interrested to know the story about that white cartridges.

Those are pretty common. Both Carnival and Donkey Kong have 2 US Small variations, One with an Illustration in the Box (A Duck and a Monkey) and one without it. One varation had the Black cart and the other a white one (I don't remember which one)

I believe the white carts work with Intellivision II systems.

As you know, The intellivision II was modified to block 3rd party carts.

When 3rd parties figured out the work around, they bypassed the "block".

Later Coleco re-released games bypassing the block. But to know the new version from the old... The new carts are white!

My copy of Carnival is white. IIRC, however, it doesn't run on my Intellivision II. I don't think the cartridge color makes any difference, but I suppose it's possible.

My theory is there was some inconsistency in deciding what color to make them. Their Atari VCS cartridges were white; maybe they switched to (or from?) that with their Intellivision games to be more in line with that. Like maybe the idea was, at some point, that games for non-Coleco systems would be white, and only Colecovision cartridges would be black.

Just some conjecture. :)

In any event, white Intellivision cartridges aren't really anything to write home about. Unless maybe it's Turbo, Lady Bug, or Zaxxon...I don't think I've ever seen or heard of white versions of those. Or DKjr, for that matter.

:)

My copy of Carnival is white. IIRC, however, it doesn't run on my Intellivision II. I don't think the cartridge color makes any difference, but I suppose it's possible.

My theory is there was some inconsistency in deciding what color to make them. Their Atari VCS cartridges were white; maybe they switched to (or from?) that with their Intellivision games to be more in line with that. Like maybe the idea was, at some point, that games for non-Coleco systems would be white, and only Colecovision cartridges would be black.

In any event, white Intellivision cartridges aren't really anything to write home about. Unless maybe it's Turbo, Lady Bug, or Zaxxon...I don't think I've ever seen or heard of white versions of those. Or DKjr, for that matter.

I looked through all my Coleco/CBS carts last night and I just have one white DK and no white Carnivals, mind you I have a number of them sealed (and no Rev, I'm not going to open them just to see :D ). I wonder if there was a specific type of box variation that the white ones came in or if it was just random? BG, was yours loose or boxed?

I looked through all my Coleco/CBS carts last night and I just have one white DK and no white Carnivals, mind you I have a number of them sealed (and no Rev, I'm not going to open them just to see :D ). I wonder if there was a specific type of box variation that the white ones came in or if it was just random? BG, was yours loose or boxed?

Come on, just open one. It feels good!

Come on, just open one. It feels good!

I recently opened a Mind Strike that was a bit squished after its voyage from Venezuela. I have well over 100 sealed games Rev, you'd lose your mind trying to not shred them apart. :D

Loose.