IGNORED

Help about ET cartridge i found at a flea market

soviet

Hi this is my first post my english is not to good, i am a hardcore atari collector from uruguay.

A few years ago, buy a bunch of 2600 games and mixed on all this carts i found this cartridge labeled ET and having a blue dot stiker.

Inside have eproms, i like to know what kind of games is this. (clone,proto,pre release,lab loaner,testing).

Plays like the normal et i don't looked to deep in the game.

post-23505-0-60982300-1304135426_thumb.jpg

post-23505-0-03823600-1304135471_thumb.jpg

post-23505-0-60641000-1304135507_thumb.jpg

post-23505-0-23312000-1304135540_thumb.jpg

Did someone say E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial?

It could have Howard Scott Warshaw's fingerprints all over the guts of the cartridge! Don't touch it! It could be worth millions!

Oh crap, he's still alive isn't he? OK, it may not be worth millions yet, but it's only a matter of time. If he tries to hang on too long, he could always 'trip' and fall down some stairs at an Atari nerd convention.

Hi this is my first post my english is not to good, i am a hardcore atari collector from uruguay.

A few years ago, buy a bunch of 2600 games and mixed on all this carts i found this cartridge labeled ET and having a blue dot stiker.

Inside have eproms, i like to know what kind of games is this. (clone,proto,pre release,lab loaner,testing).

Plays like the normal et i don't looked to deep in the game.

That's a loaner cartridge, nice find!

i wonder why that thing doesnt have a loaner cartridge label on it from the prototype lab. that's weird looking ive never seen one.

That's the kind of label they used before the Loaner Cartridge label.

Since the end label is blank and since the main label only has the fugi/game program, it makes me wonder if they made a label underneath with the game program information or if they printed the game program information on the cart and then laminated that on top of it. Are text labels transparent?

Nope, they're blank (and not transparent).

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/computerchess/computerchessproto.htm

I mailed to tempest from atariprotos.com he confirmed that is a proto as he says: it seems to by the final version of the game. Also he says that never have seen one that says stella releated, probabily because at atari in that time have multiple et projects going on at the same time so they put that on the eproms to differentiate this release.

Since the end label is blank and since the main label only has the fugi/game program, it makes me wonder if they made a label underneath with the game program information or if they printed the game program information on the cart and then laminated that on top of it. Are text labels transparent?

Nope, they're blank (and not transparent).

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/computerchess/computerchessproto.htm

That's odd. Why would they create a blank label then put an E.T. sticker on it? It seems like they would either put E.T. on the label or have no label and just a sticker. Making a blank label for the purpose of putting a sticker on it seems pointless. It's a nice touch now but seems pointless for back then.

soviet,

Did it come with the hole in it?

Hola Soviet,

Me imagino que hablas espanol. Mira, si Ud. quiere vender su juego proto de ET, por favor mandame un correo privado a Wonder007. Te voy a mandar una tambien privadamente.

Espero su contestacion.

Atentamente,

- Wonder007

Maybe someone can answer this for me. Whenever a proto is found they always want to open it up and see the innards. Could someone explain this to me? icon_ponder.gif

EPROMs can be reprogrammed. So if you're working on a game you can save it to the same cartridge, rather than having to use a new one each time. I'd assume people are opening the proto carts to verify the type of chip(s) on the board, and the fact that it is indeed a prototype.