IGNORED

Sic!Cart preorder

St(r)yker

AtariGeezer - Use SDX Imager 3.0.5 http://sdx.atari8.info/index.php?show=download&file=sdx_files/SDXImageUser.zip

In SicGen use "Load Cartridge" ... Use the files made in this program;]

Please report any non-working program or game (or when it works buggy). Write down its name or (preferably), attach it for further inspection.

Edited by St(r)yker

I'm really trying to understand this, I made the test rom and got it to work in altirra. I then saved as ATR and followed the instructions, but I cant get it to flash? the ATR just has SIC.BIN on it so when I turn the cart off and boot from APE I get nothing. it seems the autoflash utility is missing

and which way does the switch go for off/on?

(I think my IDE+ issues have fried my brain)

[edit]

I manually created an ATR and flashed it that way... Seems weird that sicgen isn't creating the ATR with the flasher in it

Edited by orpheuswaking

I'm really trying to understand this, I made the test rom and got it to work in altirra. I then saved as ATR and followed the instructions, but I cant get it to flash? the ATR just has SIC.BIN on it so when I turn the cart off and boot from APE I get nothing. it seems the autoflash utility is missing

and which way does the switch go for off/on?

(I think my IDE+ issues have fried my brain)

[edit]

I manually created an ATR and flashed it that way... Seems weird that sicgen isn't creating the ATR with the flasher in it

Managed to flash this manually with my own generated ATR...

I used synapse games and it looks like fort apocalypse wont load from the cart (under altirra or real machine)

orpheuswaking

Download the file again (fixes some files)

http://unimor.info/sic/sic!cart.zip

docentore : PM :-)

Same issues

still doesnt create an ATR with the flasher on it... have to do it all manually... the only thing on the ATR is SIC.BIN

Edited by orpheuswaking

AtariGeezer - Use SDX Imager 3.0.5 http://sdx.atari8.info/index.php?show=download&file=sdx_files/SDXImageUser.zip

In SicGen use "Load Cartridge" ... Use the files made in this program;]

Please report any non-working program or game (or when it works buggy). Write down its name or (preferably), attach it for further inspection.

Okay, will give it a try...

Thanks,

Jay

BTW, I received my two carts 2 days ago :)

i need to call my local post office, i STILL havnt gotten my cart, and i am on the east coast of the US, and had mine shipped before others on the west coast who have gotten them...

someone in the post office dont like me :'(

sloopy.

i need to call my local post office, i STILL havnt gotten my cart, and i am on the east coast of the US, and had mine shipped before others on the west coast who have gotten them...

someone in the post office dont like me :'(

sloopy.

Same here sloopy, as I'm near the most busiest airport in the world (Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport), which also has one of the largest USPS hubs in the SE US. But, I'm still without my Sic!Cart's!!! Customs must be plotting against us....

The Dawg

SicGen and SIcmenu create boot atr.

the instructions for sicgen state that it will output an atr that self boots...when i do it i get an atr with sic.bin on it only... what step am i missing?

Have you tried to boot for this ATR? It should work. What system do you have on your PC?

SicGen and SIcmenu create boot atr.

the instructions for sicgen state that it will output an atr that self boots...when i do it i get an atr with sic.bin on it only... what step am i missing?

Make sure that your sicimage.atr is mounted as D1: and then type COLD/N and this will reboot the file on D1: and answer prompts until flashing is done. It the cartridge should reboot with you games inplace.

I just used the sicgen util to put a load of exe's into a cart image. Just create an atr, flick the switch on the side of the cart down to disable it. Boot from the atr then when it says insert cart flick the switch up and hit space.

Edit: The disable switch is a great feature IMHO. I have a 1mb AtariMax cart that I flashed with a diagnostic mode ROM and I think the only way to reprogram it now is to use the USB flasher which I don't own. Hot plugging the cart once I've booted the flash program always results in a hung machine.

Edited by spookt