IGNORED

Random Atari 8-bit scans

ThumpNugget

Greetings people.. I am in the midst of cleaning out closets/attics/crawl spaces and I am reducing my collecting "footprint" - though I am still on the first of three closets and have even touched the attic/crawl space so it is going to be a long process :)

Anyway there is a lot of loose and duplicate documentation that I want to dispose of.. I am going to scan it before chucking it and as I do this I am going to post the PDFs in this thread.. Hopefully those that archive these things will grab them and insert them into the appropriate locations. I am sure much of it is useless or has already been scanned but I am not going to make any judgements :)

Wow, thanks! I just got the garage cleaned out and got out my old Atari 400 last night to show my son. Fired up Star Raiders and it all worked after 30 some years. Well The controls came back to me but I could not remember how to get more energy. This star Raiders manual will be invaluable now. Thanks for the effort!!

Missile Command, again, has that beautiful old artwork... I extracted the JPG's, and the front page makes for a great desktop wallpaper!! Again, great resolution at 2500x3300!

BTW for scan-fans: Have you seen the new Page 6 magazine collection (scans) over at AtariMania?

Looking forward to any more stuff you might have!

Holy!

A BIG thanks!

The StarRaider scan is F-UNREAL (!!!) The quality, the color saturation, the blacks, the detail, you name it... I went like WoOoOoW...

May I ask: which scanner did you use?

Truly appreciated.

Thanks but don't be too impressed I ran it through a couple of small photoshop filters that I use on the BYTES to remove page bleed and it worked like magic on Star Raiders :)

The scanner I use is a Fujitsu ScanSnap S510. This little guy has been a pleasure to use.. I've had the same scanner for the Antic, Analog, STart, Atari Comics, SoftSides, Atari Books, and BYTE scans and it still only rarely gives me a paper jam. I was getting some quirky noises a couple of months ago but after a deep clean they all went away and its working like a champ again.

I scan everything at 300 DPI with compression set to as low as possible (almost zero) to PDF. The PDFs are then split into TIFF files and i run them through a couple of small photoshop filters based on if the are color and greyscale (never black and white). The tiffs are reassembled with a mid-range compression setting and then the OCR is allowed to align the pages..