IGNORED

Can anyone ID this C64 Game

Not all old ones - plenty of carts have traces that resemble modern ones.

That board looks like it might be homebrewed.

ed - picture from the linked site has lettering on the back, so maybe not homebrew but probably some sort of low volume manufacturing.

Production cart boards are usually on coloured PCBs and will usually have the little connecting pieces which are snapped apart due to multiple boards being made from the one larger PCB piece.

Edited by Rybags

ed - picture from the linked site has lettering on the back, so maybe not homebrew but probably some sort of low volume manufacturing.

Production cart boards are usually on coloured PCBs and will usually have the little connecting pieces which are snapped apart due to multiple boards being made from the one larger PCB piece.

I meant in a more general sense. I have seen that type of design referred to as "80s curvy traces". I have two Crown DC-300 II amps. On one of them, the PCBs all have curvy traces, on the other newer model, they are all straight, parallel, with sharp bends. Just wondering why the difference in design.

I meant in a more general sense. I have seen that type of design referred to as "80s curvy traces". I have two Crown DC-300 II amps. On one of them, the PCBs all have curvy traces, on the other newer model, they are all straight, parallel, with sharp bends. Just wondering why the difference in design.

older PCB's were drawn by hand commonly, newer PCB's are designed on computer, this transition happened in commercial PCB's in the 80's... even in the home brew sector, hand drawing was common back in the day... still happens by a few now, but most use a program like EZ-PCB, PCB123, etc...

sloopy.

Artwork was made up with tape at 400% and then photographed at 25% to produce a negative at actual size. The tape was easy to just curve around as necessary, although die-cut corners and angles were available if you needed/wanted them. It would be faster to just curve the traces when you do a board by hand.

Bob