IGNORED

FO: Coleco Sound 1/Kid Vid unit with tapes and everything else!

Here is what I have:

The outer box (beat up) says it is a Sound 1 Voice Module. Inside, the contents are as follows:

Kid Vid Voice Module (it doesn't say anything about Sound 1)

Connector cord (1 end is 9 pin controller port, the other is the double audio port)

Antenna (I think that's what it is...it's a white corded item)

Smurfs Save the Day cart

3 Cassette Tapes (2 of which are sealed)

Card inserts/advertisements

Smurfs Save the Day manual

Kid Vid Voice Module manual

The Kid Vid unit is immaculate. Not a scratch or any sign of use.

Here is where I'm confused...Why is the box for a Sound 1 Voice Module? On the box itself, there are "setup" instructions with pictures. The unit in the pictures even says Kid Vid on it.

Here are a couple pics:

324c2674.jpg

72007d28.jpg

Anyone care to make an offer?

Thanks!

Edited by Ken Wozetek

In my research, the Canadian versions (sound 1) were all packed with Kid Vid units. I think by proper box, he means one that is in good shape.

Yes, a 100% box, not a 80% box and I don't even mean mint, just not ripped up. Sorry, didn't mean to confuse anyone.

IIRC the Sound 1 was the Canadian variant of the Kid Vid Module. I believe it is actually rarer than the Kid Vid.

Yep, if it had a proper box, I'd be all over that.

If you find me a CIB Kid Vid, I'll trade you my CIB Sound 1 for it. I'd rather have the US release than the Canadian one.

IIRC the Sound 1 was the Canadian variant of the Kid Vid Module. I believe it is actually rarer than the Kid Vid.

Yep, if it had a proper box, I'd be all over that.

If you find me a CIB Kid Vid, I'll trade you my CIB Sound 1 for it. I'd rather have the US release than the Canadian one.

Sounds good, I'd rather have both, so next time I get a chance on a Kid Vid CIB, trade is on. :D

here's the one I have. the tape player is missing the sticker.. but there is nothing saying vidkid on the canadian sound 1. no biggie still a nice piece to own either way!! :lust:

Yep, that's the complete Canadian version (unfortunately without Sound 1 sticker on the player, though).

The one from the first post is Canadian box only (why beats me).

8)

• 1 year later...

I have one of these units, and I've been going crazy trying to find anything about it. So glad I ran into this forum!

I'd like to sell it, and I'll be posting a new thread with the pics. It's basically in the same condition as this one, box is missing flaps on one end, but otherwise, it's all mint and unused.

• 1 year later...

Heyy guys! This is about the only info I could find on this Sound 1 Voice Modular. I Just aquired one(Minty/Complete inside/box decent) this weekend Complete in box as well! I was wondering what the value is on these? Any info would be Greatly Apprciated.(I have the Canadian Version)

Cheerz ..~

Johny