IGNORED

Price of 400's

A few years back I was looking to see how much 400's were going for on Ebay and it was like $10, I just saw two listings today for $79 and $179. More people becoming like me and wanting to get back into these or what?

I have also found Craigslist seems like a better place to find a lower price. I talked someone into selling an 800 and other stuff for $50 which included shipping, so for $30 got the lot of 410 games and books, he was asking $20 locally.

I have picked up a mint in box 400 for $5 off craigslist. I can usually find them for $20 on ebay within a lot of something I am looking to buy anyway. my best pickup was a 400 with aftermarket keyboard, 48K and omnimon for $40. Only the keyboard was obvious, but the rest was not listed on the ebay listing. I have enough 400s now. But if a good deal presents itself, I'll pick it up.

Edited by Almost Rice

The big price ones are dreamers. One here was listed around $200 then again later at $180 or so.

Doesn't seem to be there now, either expired or someone was stupid enough to bite.

It's a 400 FFS, the least capable machine by default and nowhere near the most user-friendly or easy to expand.

As such, 20 to 30 bucks is a fair ask. Anything over $100 is extortion, you'd want a mint rarely or never used system with all boxes and materials at that price.

Note this is commenting on machine only, not package deals with bunches of extra games or peripherals.

I've seen boxed ones go from $10-$110 in a nice box.

I've seen mint ones go for $15.

There's no price. Just depends on who's bidding.

$20-$30 should get you a decent one. Just keep looking.

I have a 400, was looking to see how much it is worth. Was willing to part with it before, now not so much.

I'd love to get my hands on an 800 personally, I like the keyboard better. I've been dying to play the Gorf cart I have that won't work on XL/XE machines.

I was like you, I did not want to do a lot of programming with a 400 keyboard so I went looking for an 800. The 800 I got came with gorf, never played it, is it a fun game? (have not had time to look at my new stuff)

• 2 weeks later...

A thrift store near me has had the same Atari 400 w/power supply (no games, box or anything else) for over three months at $69.99. :roll:

I checked the same store this morning...and the $69.99 Atari 400 is still there. I picked the thing up and gave it a closer look this time...it had a Qix cartridge in it. And the LED between the option and select "keys" looks like it had been scribbled on with black marker at some point (of which only 80% came off). I also noted that they added the words "AS IS" to the price tag. I think they got around to testing it with the Qix cartridge sometime in the last two weeks, found that it didn't work, added "AS IS" to the price tag and forgot to take the Qix cartridge back out.

But I did come out of there today with a couple 5-packs of Memorex DVD+R DL's for $3 each. So not a complete loss.

I paid $31 for my 400, 810 drive and two power supplies back in 2009. They weren't guaranteed to work, and the 400 didn't, but it was just dirty contacts on the memory card. It's memory wasn't specified in the auction but it turned out to be a 48k Intec card. That was a nice surprise. The 810 did work and had an Archiver chip installed. Good deal overall.

Perry

I just sold (last week) a boxed 400 for $21 (and another $18.50 shipping) - no power supply. That was a BIN so they could go for more who knows...

eBay Atari 400:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2207797296131?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220779729613&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I've had really good luck with my Atari items on eBay this month (until I hit the 50th item for the month and they started adding that insertion fee - bastards) about half of them have sold in under an hour after posting.

heh, i have a 130XE box here i will let anyone have for $10+ shipping... or even any grey XE game cart (even a common like FSII)+ shipping...

prices on feepay can get insane...

sloopy.

heh, i have a 130XE box here i will let anyone have for $10+ shipping... or even any grey XE game cart (even a common like FSII)+ shipping...

prices on feepay can get insane...

sloopy.

Okay, I'll take a Karateka XE Cart for $10 please :D