It is with a very saddened heart that I'm reporting a message thread

over at AtariForum:

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=20912&p=185404#p185404

Here is the link to the news article itself:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/862060-ipswich-biker-killed-in-fire-engine-crash

Just hard for me to believe... :(

post-5822-0-18348700-1304665929_thumb.png

Edited by DarkLord

Alison was very helpful to me over at Atari Forum, and it was clear she was held in extremely high regard by the community.

Very sad and shocking.

You are not wrong there, I know for sure that she was very highly regarded. I've just left a comment over at Atari-Forum and I am still in shock.

So Sad. I will think of her when ever I use my 520ST that I upgraded to 4MB with her instructions and help.

Thanks for everything Alison. We are all richer for knowing you.

May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Edited by puppetmark
  • Like 1

Shame that alison is no longer

I think that is now 2 atarians from atari-forum no longer with us (the other one being perhillion or however it was spelt...he of the ST ML tutorials fame, in conjuntion with someone called 'postmortem')

Sounds like atari-forum needs to repopulate the world with new atarians, before we all meet out maker

I know its a bit late, but I was shocked & saddened to hear this news. I got to meet Alison a couple of times & was one of the bubbliest people I've met. I remenber sitting in her house with the Jag VR unit in pieces, while she figured out how to make me a cable. A great loss to everyone who knew her. RIP :sad:

Very sad news... :sad:

That sucks.

I didn't know her, but I was well-aware of some of what she had done.

That's really sad.

She has a website.....

http://www.logicsays.com/

......and what's interesting is clicking on "HISTORY" at the top where she puts in a little blurb about the computers she has owned.

RIP.

The website is already gone... Someone have make a backup ?

Edited by Jeff_HxC2001

I have a 3.71MB PDF of her entire website as it was 13-08-2008 which had not really changed at all since that date, plus with the help of another Atari-Forum.com person I got most of the newer website. I'd upload the PDF file here but the maximum size allowed says 2MB.

Terrible news, I never know what to say at a time like this. She was an extremely nice and friendly person who went well out of her way to help me out, building a video cable for me to connect my ST's monitor out to standard RCA plugs. She even sent me a postcard from where she lived in England in the package which shows how friendly she was and I enjoyed talking with her about computers of old versus computers of today. Rest in peace Alison, you were a great asset to the Atari community and will be missed.

Edited by VW
  • Like 1