IGNORED

STf warms up and keyboard goes crazy

My STf has a problem when pressing a key will result in any random result. In other words A might be 5, B might result in a V on the screen. I think it might happen when it has warmed up after several minutes but I just got the computer and trying to nail down a pattern to things.

Is this something common to go bad? I reseated the chip under the keyboard and I thought that fixed it but later it went crazy again. What could cause this problem?

Well, I think I figured it out....

If I have a mouse in the port 0 and a joystick in port 1 I can't type anything that makes sense as described above.

Though, I "think" it only does that if they are both plugged in when I turn it on... if I plug a joystick in port 1 after its booted I can type fine.

Normal or no?

So, I was using a 7800 joy pad in port 1. Thats what was making the keyboard mess up. If I had a mouse in port 0 and a 2-button 7800 controller in port 1 when I turned the power on, the keyboard acted crazy. I switched to a standard Atari joystick and all is fine.

So, I was using a 7800 joy pad in port 1. Thats what was making the keyboard mess up. If I had a mouse in port 0 and a 2-button 7800 controller in port 1 when I turned the power on, the keyboard acted crazy. I switched to a standard Atari joystick and all is fine.

And I was about to ask if your joystick had auto-fire on. :D

Cheers,

T.