IGNORED

complete collections

Does anyone have a complete set of games for any given system? VCS, INTV, CV, 5200, 7800, Jaguar, etc.

Seeing that the goal among many collectors is to achieve the holy grail, a complete collection for game system XYZ (you name the system), I am curious to see how many have attained this goal.

Does anyone have a complete set of games for any given system? VCS, INTV, CV, 5200, 7800, Jaguar, etc.

Seeing that the goal among many collectors is to achieve the holy grail, a complete collection for game system XYZ (you name the system), I am curious to see how many have attained this goal.

VCS, CV, and INTV.

None are for sale or trade.

I tried for ColecoVision, which is about %90 complete.The closet i have as a complete collection is for the 7800.It has become too expensive and too much of a burden hunting down the missing games so i don't bother anymore.

VCS, CV, and INTV.

None are for sale or trade.

I don't know much about CV or INTV game values, but you have a COMPLETE VCS collection? Like you own a copy of Air Raid complete? Thats impressive as hell good sir!

Odyssey 2 and Atari 5200 are my most complete collections.

For Odyssey 2, offhand, I still need Power Lords, PT Barnum's Acrobats, and, of all things, Dynasty and Volleyball.

For Atari 5200, I'm 15 or 16 carts away from a complete collection, not counting homebrews and Pete's Test Cartridge. Actually, I have every Atari-produced game for the 5200 (again, except PTC) except Rescue on Fractalus. :)

My Intellivision collection must be ~85-90% complete, give or take. I only need about 30 more cartridges...not counting label variations or Tutorvision carts.

I'll be a lot more interested in Colecovision again when/if I can either fix my DINA system (video went screwy...bad cap?) or get a new one. I'd love to get some SG-1000 cartridges for it, too.

My Channel F collection is about 60% complete

I'm at ~475-500 Atari VCS cartridges; I have no idea how close that is, percentage-wise, but I know I've got a long way to go. :P:D

:)

(In the interest of full disclosure, I only collect loose. I have a lot of boxed items, and I'll grab them if I happen upon them for a good price, but I don't go out of my way to get them. Some collectors consider a collection complete only if all boxes, manuals, and other associated items are present with each cartridge/console/accessory. There's nothing wrong with that, but I don't take it that far. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you've got the games, you've got the goods.;))

Some of this is impressive stuff. VCS. Wow! The really rare titles would eat into your budget in a huge way.

INTV, 5200 and CV are smaller libraries, but the rare games still eat up the money quick.

I would guess the people with best chances of completing any given collection are those who got the system and games near launch, and had the blessing of living under financially independent parents. Let's face it, most of us couldn't afford the games, rare or not, when they were selling for $50 a copy new.

the only one I'm really working on is a full set official USA Turbo Grafx/CD/Duo library… I already have all 44 CD/SCD games and need about 15 hu-cards… I already have Magical Chase so it's just a matter of time filling the holes… I also have all the orange lable hu-cards… I've been working on this since 1990 so it's a slow process lol

I'm casually working on a full set USA Sega Master System set but it's not a goal, just find myself getting closer as I pick up games on occasion - though it may never be authentic as I sold my USA Sonic the Hedgehog a few years back for very good money and I'll be happy with a European case…

I'm working on/already completed the following:

Dreamcast-complete US collection with variants

Turbo Grafx/Duo-complete US collection of Hu Cards and CDs

32X-have complete US collection

N-Gage-need Floboarding, High Sieze and System Rush to complete

Virtual Boy-need Waterworld to complete US collection

Jaguar-need ICD Aircars and the Carousel releases to complete

Lynx-need ten homebrew releases to complete collection

Saturn-need 82 games to complete US collection (might not finish this due to expense)

PC-FX-need Anime Freak 5 to complete collection

Sega CD-have to take inventory to figure out how many more I need

3DO-need about 20 games including the super expensive Dino Park Tycoon (most likely will not complete)

It's frustrating when you're so close to completing a collection, but can't find that last game. Also, I would love to have complete PC Engine, Master System and Genesis collections, but there are too many games that were released, making it quite expensive.

I'm working on/already completed the following:

Dreamcast-complete US collection with variants

Turbo Grafx/Duo-complete US collection of Hu Cards and CDs

32X-have complete US collection

N-Gage-need Floboarding, High Sieze and System Rush to complete

Virtual Boy-need Waterworld to complete US collection

Jaguar-need ICD Aircars and the Carousel releases to complete

Lynx-need ten homebrew releases to complete collection

Saturn-need 82 games to complete US collection (might not finish this due to expense)

PC-FX-need Anime Freak 5 to complete collection

Sega CD-have to take inventory to figure out how many more I need

3DO-need about 20 games including the super expensive Dino Park Tycoon (most likely will not complete)

It's frustrating when you're so close to completing a collection, but can't find that last game. Also, I would love to have complete PC Engine, Master System and Genesis collections, but there are too many games that were released, making it quite expensive.

You need to post pictures of your collection!

• Like 1

I think everyone has a different definition of 'complete'. Some are everything, boxed, manuals, etc, others are all games released in a set excluded certain questionable unlicensed games (think NES titles).

I've got a complete, boxed/loose collection of the INTV and US Master System. Working on Dreamcast and Saturn right now, and just a few away from a complete 7800. 30 more to go to round out my CD32 collection (only counting games and non-CDTV compatible titles).

Edited by icbrkr

I keep telling myself I'll do 32X but I haven't actually bought games for it since I bought the 32X and that was a couple years ago. Not that I'm anywhere close since I'm still under 50 titles but lately I've been dreaming of a complete collection of licensed NES carts.

I'm starting small, looking at collecting all of Sunsoft's games since I really like their music. Then maybe all of the early games that had the sprite-based labels and the icons telling you what accessory they were compatible with.

Microvision - Two 100% complete boxed sets. One complete set all sealed NIB and one complete set in opened boxes to play with.

Vectrex - 100% complete boxed set of all commercial US released hardware and games (no promotional releases, bug fix releases or prototypes).

TurboGrafx 16 - 100% complete boxed US released hardware and HU card games.

• Like 1

Vectrex - 100% complete boxed set of all commercial US released hardware and games (no promotional releases, bug fix releases or prototypes).

If it doesn't have Mr. Boston it doesn't count! :lol: ;)

J/K! That's crazy! I'd love to expand on my Vectrex collection but I'm too broke and everything goes for too much these days it seems! Congrats on having all the cool stuff! :)

If it doesn't have Mr. Boston it doesn't count! :lol: ;)

J/K! That's crazy! I'd love to expand on my Vectrex collection but I'm too broke and everything goes for too much these days it seems! Congrats on having all the cool stuff! :)

:D Mr. Boston was just a promotional release... but one day I will own it and the Minestorm II bugfix :D