IGNORED

WHAT IS YOUR MOST RARE ATARI GAME

atari5200dude82

WHAT IS YOUR MOST RARE ATARI GAME THAT YOU STILL HAVE OR HAD AT ONE TIME. FOR THE ATARI 2600 THE MOST RARE GAME I HAD WAS SWORDQUEST WATERWORLD CIB, OBELIX CIB, AND TRACK N FIELD CIB. I ALSO AND POLO IN THE BOX . STUNT CYCLE AUTOGRAPH BY BOB POLARO. SOME I WISH I HADN'T SOLD. AARGH. FOR THE ATARI 5200 I WILL PROBABLY SAY, MR DO CASTLE CIB, FROGGER 2 CIB, STAR WARS ARCADE CIB, KLAX CIB. SEAN KELLY MULTICART.

A loose James Bond 007 is probably my rarest 2600 cart. But I really don't actively collect them anymore, given the price I paid for them in the mid-1990's vs. now.

I think a "WHICH GAME DO YOU HAVE THE MOST DUPLICATES OF" (all caps added for effect) thread would be more festive. I have 11 2600 Pac-Man's. Yay me!

Probably R6 stuff. Cosmic Swarm, Tapper, things like that. When I decided I wanted to actually collect for the 2600 I decided to start at the bottom so I'm just making my way up to R6. There are a few gaps from R2 - R4 but not too many and I'll fill them soon enough, R5 and R6 are recent additions to the list of things I'm actively looking for.

Of coarse I'm also giving a lot of thought to expanding my NES collection back to what it was a while back. This may slow my 2600 roll a little. I spent a year on the 2600 I think I can afford to spend a few months on the NES now.

Boing! and Smurfs Save The Day. Otherwise, a lot of R6s like Cosmic Corridor, Cosmic Swarm, Subterranea, Spike's Peak/Artillery Duel, Scuba Diver, Frogger II, River Raid II...

I have no idea if it counts, but I have a Magicard repro as well. Also, there was some discussion at one point about the rarity of Silver Label Asteroids...where did we land on that? I've got two.

I don't actively collect 2600 games as much anymore since most of the holes left in my collection are at least moderately expensive to fill. I'll just kind of pick one up here and there.

It's kind of interesting how the prices of games change. Some games are more expensive on average (I think we've simply seen a shift of the Atari 2600 demand curve over the last decade...what's average price of a common game now, $2 to $5 maybe? As opposed to $0.50 to $1 a decade ago? Of course, inflation is always a factor, too.), while many rare games like Chase The Chuckwagon, Xenophobe, Atari Video Cube, Ikari Warriors are apparently nowhere near as rare/valuable as once thought, and are substantially cheaper than they ever used to be. I still remember seeing Chuckwagon in a store about 10 years ago for $300; in the last year or two I've seen it go for $75, although it's been creeping up around the $100 mark lately.

Mine are not too impressive....Mr. Do's Castle is an R8 , two R5's with Montezuma's Revenge and Dishaster, the rest are R4 or less.

I also did find another R5 - "Tax Avoiders" which is about 100 times more fun than it sounds.....

.....and by the way, Mr. Do's Castle must be the most common R8 out there, I think a lot have hit the market from somewhere in the last few years.

I think a "WHICH GAME DO YOU HAVE THE MOST DUPLICATES OF" (all caps added for effect) thread would be more festive. I have 11 2600 Pac-Man's. Yay me!

I have 68 copies of Combat!

R1 x 68 copies = R68 icon_mrgreen.gif

• Like 4

One of my prototypes, not sure which would be considered the rarest. I have:

Dumbo's Flying Circus- Final PAL version

Ms. Pac Man - late WIP

Defender - Not quite final, autographed by Bob Polaro

Survival Run - Unreleased Data Age game

Air Lock - late WIP

Oscar's Trash Race - early WIP

Big Bird's Egg Catch - mid WIP

• Like 1