IGNORED

WHAT IS YOUR MOST RARE ATARI GAME

atari5200dude82

This is an interesting question given the nature of "rarity" when it comes to games, a topic which hasn't been touched on recently at all (as a cursory perusal in the rarity guide forum indicates). I suppose I have a few "true" R9s, and then a big mess o' stuff down from there, but I have nothing I'd consider a legitimate R10 - not using the numbers in the AA database, but going by the consensus of the group here (again, debated in the rarity guide forum).

I think it's nifty that people post stuff like Jr. Pac-Man or Tapper - it reminds me of my early collecting days when anything and everything was a great find!

Common Wonder, I love hearing a bit of what you have hear and there :)

That pic of the warehouse complex isn't just a stock photo....I was flying over Wonder's 2600 compound earlier yesterday and snapped that pic! ;)

IIRC the rarer stuff is in the underground (also called: "iceberg") part of these complexes.

8)

And then there's the salt mine...

I have the following R9's:

Bumper Bash

Condor Attack

Rescue Terra I (just caught in the wild last week...maybe I should have posted a video for finding that "holy grail" icon_mrgreen.gif)

Spike's Peak

Swordquest: WaterWorld

Tooth Protectors

Video Reflex

Video Jogger (looking for the foot pad if anyone has one for sale)

I have a copy of Coke Wins that I found in an odd estate auction lot, but I have my suspicions it is just a repro. I don't want to open it up, but the cartridge shell just seems all wrong. I'm just happy having it for the sake of having it.

Here's a few of my rarities... I had a couple of really nice additions recently:

Music Machine (VERY Happy with this one)

X-Man

Crazy Climber

Quadrun

Tooth Protector

Waterworld

Cakewalk

Stronghold

Video Jogger, Video Reflex (I think the rarity should be lower now than what it really is. Still higher than Motorodeo, but not a Rarity 9)

Vulture attack

Qbert Qubes

Bumper Bash

Rescue Terra 1

Some that I think are rare and harder to find than what their rarity states:

Skiing (Blue Text Label)

Gunslinger Sears Pic

I only need earthworld then I got the entire collection :-)

I do find it ironic however that I can get a copy of waterworld but its IMPOSSIBLE for me to get texas chainsaw massacre or halloween, lol...I do have both in repro form tho...doesn't count I know

I just obtained swordquest waterworld!!!

Yeah, I have that one too :) That's probably my only rare one, the others I have were pretty common. I got that one when it first came out, since I already had Earthworld and Fireworld.

• 2 weeks later...

My Rarest game is Seamonster(R9). Unfortunately it is rather beat up. I got at a yard sale with a lot of loose games, Seamonster is cracked on the back and looks like pen drawn over the PUZZY logo :(

other than that, I guess Demolition Herby Color Handle(R7) would be the closest thing.