IGNORED

MASTERPLAY INTERFACE?

Schizophretard

Could a 5200 controller wire be wired up with the female end of a 2600 Joystick extension cable in a way that a paddle could be plugged in and work?

There is a thread make you own paddle in 5200 section and I even did my own out of a blue pill box. Not very hard and I suck at electroncis.

Look at this.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/181758-my-custom-5200-paddle/

Could a 5200 controller wire be wired up with the female end of a 2600 Joystick extension cable in a way that a paddle could be plugged in and work?

There is a thread make you own paddle in 5200 section and I even did my own out of a blue pill box. Not very hard and I suck at electroncis.

Look at this.

I've seen both of those threads but I'm looking for a Masterplay Interface type solution for paddles. I'm curious about all the options. How possible does this idea sound?

1)Take the joystick off of the 5200 controller.

2)Put a controller port in it's place.

3)Have the controller port wired up for a paddle including the button.

It would be like a 5200 version of the Wii Nunchucks. Would that work? If so could the controller port or even a second port be wired up for other controllers, trackballs...?

Look at this.

I've seen both of those threads but I'm looking for a Masterplay Interface type solution for paddles. I'm curious about all the options. How possible does this idea sound?

It would be like a 5200 version of the Wii Nunchucks. Would that work? If so could the controller port or even a second port be wired up for other controllers, trackballs...?

It would work just fine if it could be done. it would be the same thing as making a paddle except you would be wiring a port instead of the actual paddle pot.

Look at this.

It would work just fine if it could be done. it would be the same thing as making a paddle except you would be wiring a port instead of the actual paddle pot.

That's good. Could another port be used for joysticks?

Look at this.

Not without building a circuit, then you are basically building a home made masterplay interface.

Look at this.

Not without building a circuit, then you are basically building a home made masterplay interface.

But with the ability to use paddles and to have a second button without using my unused Masterplay Interface button. I think it would be an awesome mod.

Or build a cheap paddle just a potentionmeter 3 bucks at radioshack. No start or pause. And use a y cable and a stock controller for start pause and reset + the keypad.

But I want the ability to change paddles. I could test out the Heavy Sixer paddles, second version 2600 paddles, Coleco Gemini paddles, Sears Video Arcade II paddles, Gemini paddles... I wouldn't have to make a mod for every potentiometer or mod all these different paddles. I could just test them all out and see which I prefer. I would rather have a controller port on the 5200 controller that allows a variety of paddles.

its fairly easy to rig up a paddle to be on the 5200 2600 paddles are 1 meg and wired so that full resistance is far counter clockwise

5200 wants full resistance clockwise (no problem just onsolder the wire on one side of the pot and stick it to the other side) the one meg isn't a problem you just loose a bit of rotation which can be fixed if you put a 1 meg resistor(any watt rating 1/4 watt is fine) in parallel (meaning stick the legs to the pot the same location as the wires)

good thing is that most games you want to use a paddle with you only need one button anyway

galaxian,gorf,kaboom,superbreakout,space invaders,megamania,beamrider