IGNORED

Got my first Intellivision!

I played a bit more this weekend.. I was busy so didn't get too much time unfortunately.

Some comments:

Q*Bert is well done, and fun, but why do we have to hit the reset button to play again after the game's over? What a pain.

I love The Dreadnought Factor! Tough game but addictive.

Some of the games on my "to buy" list seem to hit absurd prices (absurd for my wallet anyway).. but Diner and Space Patrol look like so much fun. Must be patient.

Thanks again for all the tips, and I agree with PsychoKittyNet, I'm kicking myself for not getting one of these sooner.

Well, as I recommended to atarigal earlier, be sure to make a list of the titles you want and find out how much they're worth, and if it adds up to $150 or so, consider getting a Cuttle Cart 3 instead of buying original copies, since that will give you all the titles you want plus the other ultra-rare ones (Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball, Stadium Mud Buggies, etc).

• Like 1

SNAFU, by the way, since atarigal asked, is fun! However, it's hard for me to judge when to turn and I keep slamming into the wall.

I hope that skill will come with practice!

Played today: Royal Dealer is a lot more fun than I thought it would be! It may help that I enjoy card games.

Thanks for the review! :) We still need to finish testing our games. Got sidetracked by my daughter's three day dance recital this week. :ponder:

They haven't all arrived yet, but have now added these to the game collection:

TRON Deadly Discs

Maze-A-TRON

Sub Hunt

Utopia

Royal Dealer

Checkers

Backgammon

Slowly winnowing down my "realistic" wish list (the games that don't keeping jumping up to exorbitant prices at auction - mostly homebrews)!

They haven't all arrived yet, but have now added these to the game collection:

TRON Deadly Discs

Maze-A-TRON

Sub Hunt

Utopia

Royal Dealer

Checkers

Backgammon

Slowly winnowing down my "realistic" wish list (the games that don't keeping jumping up to exorbitant prices at auction - mostly homebrews)!

Big fan of the first four games on your list! Feel free to post that "wish list" as I'm sure there are a couple people here that can help at very reasonable prices. ;)

Played a lot of Shark! Shark! and Dreadnaught Factor yesterday. Both pretty addictive games!

Agreed! Addictive is the right word for both of these games.:thumbsup:

The other night I had a blast playing AD&D and Lock N Chase. Both great games, really glad I got the INTV. I'm thinking of taking it with me when I visit my son for his birthday, along with my NES.

Which AD&D? Cloudy Mountain or Tarmin? Both are great, Cloudy Mountain is my favourite of the two and Lock'n'chase is also a ton of fun. Glad to see more folks discovering the awesomeness of the INTV. :)

SNAFU, by the way, since atarigal asked, is fun! However, it's hard for me to judge when to turn and I keep slamming into the wall.

I hope that skill will come with practice!

Played today: Royal Dealer is a lot more fun than I thought it would be! It may help that I enjoy card games.

Thanks for the review! :) We still need to finish testing our games. Got sidetracked by my daughter's three day dance recital this week. :ponder:

That is a very long recital. Didn't she get tired after 72 hours of dancing? :P And I thought kids today were whimpy. :ponder: ;)

Hello,

I just joined the Intellivision fan club thanks to an auction for an Intellivision 2 system and a bunch of games! I grew up with Atari systems (2600 & 7800) so finally owning one of these is a treat.

I tried all my games last night and a couple of them would not start. (just a black screen when I turned on the console) Any tips on things I should try?

After last night's test run, my favorites in my collection so far are Burger Time, Beauty and the Beast, and Vectron.

Looking forward to playing more this weekend!

They aren't by any chance the games made by Coleco for Intellivision are they?

Some of those won't work on an Intellivision 2.

Is there a list of the games that don't work on an Intellivision 2? Just got a Swords & Serpents and it won't work.

The four Coleco games that don't work on an Intellivision II are Carnival, Donkey Kong, Mouse Trap and Venture, thanks to a lockout routine in the console's EXEC. According to the Decle site, there are cream-colored versions of Carnival and Donkey Kong that fix the problem, as well as a non-cream version of Venture. I get the impression that these are Euro versions, but I could be wrong.

I've also read that the European Mouse Trap will work on an Inty II, but my French Mouse Trap had a deliberate physical obstruction to keep it from fitting into the cartslot.

The other four Coleco games (Donkey Kong Jr., Ladybug, Turbo, Zaxxon) are said to work fine. I can vouch for Ladybug and Zaxxon; haven't tried DKJr. or Turbo on my Inty II, since I basically haven't touched mine since I got an original-release Intellivision in good condition.

Also note that some copies of Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey won't work on an Inty II. There's also a mod for the Inty II that adds a button to bypass the lockout routine, by shorting a couple pins IIRC. Sounds risky, but I guess it works!