IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

NIB Asterix & Obelix $2 Ithaca Salvation Army

O.K., so- it's NOT the highly sought video game worth thousands of pennies... it's the 1999 film starring Gerard Depardieu, Christian Clavier & Roberto Benigni "in der Rolle des 'Destructivus.'" Even though it's in a forgotten tongue of my family past (German) i just had to buy it. It's like they say, "Denn Obelix ist schwer verliebt!"

**Update** I'm a little bummed. I wanted to do a movie review for you fine folks, but it seems that this video is in the European format. It's all out-of-synch. The audio works, though... IN GERMAN! (If one of you wants this- PM me for a Mystery Trade.) The cover is just like the video game- w/ Obelix (Depardieu) carrying that giant joint-thing and Asterix- a goat.

Edited by Night Driver

MicroMachines CIB NES .99 <~Poster, and reg card included. Game looks like it has never been played. All it was missing was the shrinkwrap.

That's amazing, i've never even seen the box for that game. Nice to find those Camerica games boxed since the gold paint seems to rub off the carts so easily. Great find!

I once got the box for free at a FuncoLand by seeing it on the rack, offering to buy it, then when they didn't have it, I asked for the box. I also got the Mermaids of Atlantis box that way too. I still don't have MoA instructions.

Anyhow, the other day I got N64 Madden 64 with box and instructions for $1 (I think). It also had Madden 2001 instructions inside, and I don't even have that game yet. The box is a little worn, and missing one side tab, but I didn't have Madden 64 box or instructions before.

I bought a used PS2 LCD screen (7 inches or so) for $20. They had the XBOX one and the gamecube one as well. I am thinking about going back to get those for cheap screens for projects.

Are the screens any good? A bunch of the screens I've seen for PS2/Cube/xbox have been of surprisingly low quality - like the refresh rate is really low and the color fidelity quite bad. Obviously, there are a lot of screens out there and I haven't seen them all, so I'd be curious to learn of your results.

The Sony PS1 screen is pretty outstanding. I was able to buy up a bunch of them when Kmart and Toys R Us was blowing them out.. I don't think that I paid more than $10 for one. It's great for miscellaneous little video projects - though I wish there were some way to lengthen the fragile little ribbon cable that goes from the screen to its motherboard.

ok well it has been about a month since i have been on atariage and have found a few bits and peices so here goes:

$275au the lot:

2 N64 console and 41 loose carts

1 Sega Mega Drive 1 console

3 Sega Mega Drive 2 consoles

113 Sega Mega Drive Boxed carts

Boxed Mega Drive Universal Adapter

4 Sega Master System Boxed carts

8 Master System Controls and 1 Boxed control stick

4 Snes consoles

37 Loose Snes carts

1 boxed SNES cart

Pretty Good Find!!!

Sega Megadrive 1 Console

1 Loose cart

6 PS One carts

$4au the lot

8 Boxed Master System Carts $2au each

PSX console $3au

3 loose Atari 2600 carts $0.50 each

6 N64 carts $2au each

That is what i can remember at the momement

I once got the box for free at a FuncoLand by seeing it on the rack, offering to buy it, then when they didn't have it, I asked for the box. I also got the Mermaids of Atlantis box that way too. I still don't have MoA instructions.

That was one of the really nice things about Funcoland - if the box was out there, you could have it. They didn't have the lame policy of GameXChange - the customer can only get loose carts whether they have the original box for it or not.

I kinda miss Funcoland and their long lists.

I did a south San Antonio run yesterday. The best part was a thrift store which had a bunch of new-in-box controllers and stuff for $3 each, but it had a sign saying limit one per customer. There were like three or four Xbox arcade sticks there, so I made a point of coming back by after hitting the Goodwill salvage store. By the time I got back, the rest of the Xbox controllers were gone, but I did get another PS2 stick.

DK bongos, $5 (oops, saw 'em for $4 at a Gamestop later in the day)

Gadget CD-ROM game, PC version, shrinkwrapped $3

PS1 Invasion from Beyond complete $2.50 (half off $5)

2600 Tac-Scan $2

Famiclone "101 games" multicart

SNES Game Genie $1

N64 carrying case $1

PS1 carrying case $1

Coleco Quiz Wiz #17 complete $1

Xbox arcade stick $3

PS2 arcade stick 2 at $3 each

PS2 double-gun style controller $3

PSP skin $3

PSP hard case $3

GBA 3-way game changer $3

GBA MP3 jukebox $3

The 101 Games cart has a pretty good mix of games, with all the company name screens removed. They don't seem to have changed most of the game names (meaning they probably got them that way from other pirates), but they did get a few wrong on the menu. And they obviously did not know how to read Japanese. The biggest boo-boo was Urusei Yatsura Lum no Wedding Bell. The first level is called "INFANT SCHOOL", so that's the name they gave it in the menu! It also has eight versions of Contra, but they had the decency to put them in a sub-menu, and not count them as different games.

EDIT: I found web pages with the game names:

- http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/toygalaxy/101.htm

- http://www.submarino.com.br/games_productd...29&OperId=0

- http://www.ulcidesign.com/proddetail.php?prod=game

...and the cart is the one in this picture - http://ulcidesign.com/ebay/picture/game1.jpg

Tsk tsk, these ulcidesign.com guys are in the United States. It'd be a shame if Nintendo was to find out about them.

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

I got a Miracle Keyboard with stand for $7, Final Fantasy 7 for PSX $9, Star Ocean $9, Azure Dreams $7, Breath of Fire 3 $7, and Tales of Destiny $7. These games all are complete and have NO scratches on the discs. I can easliy sell these each for $30 on ebay. A great find yesterday.

I recently found a boxed NES system that had never been used. I slid it out of the box and was stunned to find the factory plastic still wrapped on tight and all the cords still rolled up. The system, which I gladly paid $25.00 for, still had that "new car" smell.

http://brettweisswords.blogspot.com/

I think thats a damn fine price for what you found.. I would've gladly payed it myself..

however.. with electronics, I like to call it the "new radio" smell ;)

I recently found a boxed NES system that had never been used. I slid it out of the box and was stunned to find the factory plastic still wrapped on tight and all the cords still rolled up. The system, which I gladly paid $25.00 for, still had that "new car" smell.

I think thats a damn fine price for what you found.. I would've gladly payed it myself..

My wife thinks I'm weird, but I LOVE that smell! I remember a few years ago when I got an entirely new home theater system. Plasma TV, new DVD player, tuner, speakers, everything brand new. I was in heaven! :lust:

Sega Genesis

5 boxed games

Nintendo 64

3 games

2 SNES controllers

5 SNES games

All for $5.00 USD

I dont have SNES and didnt like the sega games.

The N64 didnt work.

So I traded the games and controllers and got a working N64.

And kept the Sega.

Edited by edweird13

My wife thinks I'm weird, but I LOVE that smell! I remember a few years ago when I got an entirely new home theater system. Plasma TV, new DVD player, tuner, speakers, everything brand new. I was in heaven! :lust:

"new radio smell" rocks!

as for spouces thinking we're wierd?

I lucked out..

just the other day I was flying my Havoc Heli micro 'copter in the front room while my wife was watching TV...

the wee little thing was buzzing within a foot of her head and I apologized that it was getting too close.. she continued to munch on sunflower seeds and watching "days of our lives".

her response?

"nah..yer fine.. I'm used to it.. I wouldn't have it any other way, no open flames.. "

I found such a good find. Cause everything was for FREE!!!!

The only catch was I had to help TP a friends ex' house,while my best friend TP'd one of the friends houses involved in the original TPing of the ex's house :cool:

I picked up:

2 NES controllers

Super Mario bros 3

Rad Racer

Karnov >----------------- All For NES

SMash TV

T&C surf designs

Stealth

Kong Fu

Donkey Kong the arcade game

Edited by dookieboy

I found such a good find. Cause everything was for FREE!!!!

The only catch was I had to help TP a friends ex' house,while my best friend and TP'd one of the friends TPing the ex's house :cool:

I picked up:

2 NES controllers

Super Mario bros 3

Rad Racer

Karnov >----------------- All For NES

SMash TV

T&C surf designs

Stealth

Kong Fu

Donkey Kong the arcade game

thats not a catch son, thats an exchange for labor..

now I don't know exactly how much its costs perhour to TP someones house.. but at the exchange rate I'm looking at comparing the haul.. I would say about $8 an hour.

considering.. it looks like a three way TP sting.. I meen I need to call grammar police on this one...but "while my best friend and TP'd one"

and what?

dude.. I'm confused..

however.. if we drop the "and".. it looks as though.. . you had to TP the house of the dude doing the original TP'ing so as to give the dude doing the TP'ing an alibi for his whereabouts at the time of the TP'ing!

dude! you've been had!

this dude could so totally lay the TP'ing on all y'all because the alibi says he wasn't there and that he also got TP'd! so as to throw him into the realm of plausible deny-ability. You however, are now in the realm of rapscallion tomfoolery!

if the authorities show up on both sites.. then all the dude has to say is....

"listen brah... I have no idea.. these jack-holes hit both our places.. we're both victims here right? and, like, me and Suzy will not stop until we make sure that all the guilty parties involved in TP'ing our houses are brought to justice, brah...

because you know how it starts.. one day its a random Tping the popular kids, and the next its car bombing the airport for 72 virgins.. don't trust teh geeks brah, they think they're smarter than you."

LOL at that last part. Sorry here is a better understanding. Now I'll call it party 1, and part 2.

Original Plan: to make a diversion, while a friend of mine TPs someone.

Party 1 included me, and 3 friends which we were all going to go TP one of the members in the crews's ex's.

-This party was a distraction, for one of the members in the party was getting TP'd as we do our TPing job.

Part 2 inculed one friend.

This party was to go and TP one of the members in Party 1, while he was distracted.

In the END:

I get 8 NES games and 2 controllers for running about a mile in 1 in the morining to go and be a distraction.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing. :)

Edited by dookieboy

while i didnt TP anyones house this weekend(when i buy tp,i use it!!)i did find this weekend at various thrift stores:

final fantasy vii for pc(complete)$2

journey escape for 2600:$1

astroids for 2600:$1

dead or alive 2 for dreamcast(disc only)$1

dragon warrior 3 for nes(complete,box is very poor condition):$1

then at gamecrazy:

tmnt for 360:$19.99 new

rayman raving rabbids:$19.99 new

Holy crap, Dragon Warrior 3 for a buck? Somebody let you steal that one, man. I see it regularly for at least 20 bucks LOOSE.

And it's the Iceman! Rooty Poot! Man, Parsons was the originator of catch phrases. He was doing it a decade before guys like The Rock and Austin even thought about it.

Had an awesome 3 day weekend for finds. I went to area's in a 120 mile radius of my home. Everything from yardsales to goodwill's.

Spyhunter Hand Held .50

Top Gun Second Mission Hand Held .50

Grand Prix Hand Held .50

Pole Position 2600 NIB 1.99

Dig Dug 2600 NIB 1.99

Yoshi NES 3.00

Bomberman NES 3.00

SMB/Duckhunt NES

Super Mario 2 NES

Contra NES

TMNT NES

Double Dragon III NES