IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Nice day today, for such a friggin' frigid day in Chicago...

NES punch out (non Tyson version) .75

tg16 - keith courage, victory run in cases .25 ea. (I haven't found TG16 in years, and NEVER with cases - these were mixed in with CD's)

PC - worms 2, Lemmings Paintball -.25 ea.

PC - Virtual Army Experience - free

PS - Dragon Tales .25

Saturn - MK3, Baku Baku - both in a CD case for .25

Saturn in cases - Last Gladiators, Clockwork Knight, World Series Baseball - a buck each

I love those games - Worms 2, Armageddon, and World Party are all excellent. I play the 3D version a lot: Worms 4: Mayhem. About the only PC game I play regularly. All your finds are great but that one stands out to me. :D

Edited by AtariLeaf

PC - worms 2, Lemmings Paintball -.25 ea.

I love those games - Worms 2, Armageddon, and World Party are all excellent. I play the 3D version a lot: Worms 4: Mayhem. About the only PC game I play regularly. All your finds are great but that one stands out to me. :D

I've never really done PC gaming. Not for any reason really... I keep thinking I'll get back to that Blade Runner game I bought like 10 years ago. I keep my Win95 machine around just to pull off the game save some time in the future. ;)

Glad to hear that you like some of those deals. I left behind a bunch of other PC games including a Grand Theft Auto box set that was incomplete. I miss our old Electronics Boutique that used to have remaindered sets of slightly older PC releases for next to nothing. Three year old games were going at ten bucks for five games.

Thanks for the compliments!

Paid $40 for a Game Gear TV tuner at Game X Change. Not exactly a thrifty price, but not exactly a common item, either.

My Game Gears are both Model 2 units. Drat.

Don't forget that the tuner will only be good for another couple of months! ;) Actually I think there's an AV input on it so you can hook up a DTV tuner. Sounds like a really portable setup, eh?

I found a pair of tuners not that long ago. I was a little more fortunate, I get 'em for five bucks for the pair. Not to rub it your face or anything. ;) I'm just surprised that even at this late stage those tuners are out there. The Sega thing I _really_ want is a Nomad. I've found three of them in my thrifting career, but they each have something serious wrong with them. Sounds like I should combine 'em somehow into one good one. ;)

Paid $40 for a Game Gear TV tuner at Game X Change. Not exactly a thrifty price, but not exactly a common item, either.

Don't forget that the tuner will only be good for another couple of months! ;) Actually I think there's an AV input on it so you can hook up a DTV tuner. Sounds like a really portable setup, eh?

I found a pair of tuners not that long ago. I was a little more fortunate, I get 'em for five bucks for the pair. Not to rub it your face or anything. ;) I'm just surprised that even at this late stage those tuners are out there. The Sega thing I _really_ want is a Nomad. I've found three of them in my thrifting career, but they each have something serious wrong with them. Sounds like I should combine 'em somehow into one good one. ;)

I never really thought about the DTV tuner switch for my Game Gear. It's kind of sad to think about.

Well, it's been awhile since I actually did the rounds, but today I bought a copy of NES Hogan's Alley for .50 (I didn't have it already, weirdly enough) and Aerobiz for Genesis for $2 at St. Vincent's. I had completely forgotten about this game; I used to love it! Then at my favorite old lady thrift shop they had a RED Gameboy original & I could not say no for $1.00. I also picked up a 3M bookshelf game (Foil) because I collect those as well. I highly recommend keeping an eye out for these--they sell well on eBay even if you don't collect them like I do!

I resisted buying some fairly nice stereo equipment and an Atari 2600 lot for $30. A fair price, but I already have too much to get rid of.

Ok here's one I'd never, ever thought I'd see. A Coleco Telstar Arcade at a flea market I went to out in the boondocks today. I should have brought more money with me but I'm saving for the holiday's. I'd bought some books, a NES controller and two Sega CD games when I saw it. I asked the guy how much and he said $10. I could have kicked myself. :x All I had was a fiver left! I asked if he'd take $5 but he said no. They have the original box too! I don't know what they are going for. Anybody seen one in the wild and for how much? I see eBay has them ranging from $26 to $395! (A bit high me thinks) I may go back again this coming weekend and see if I can get it, if it's still there. I'll let you know.

Rich

Just visited Trash & Treasure - local market stalls where people get rid of their old stuff.

2 XBox games - NHL 2002 $5 and Halo (scratched as, he gave it to me). I've cleaned up Halo but still no good, might take it to the video store and see if they have a skip doctor.

2 PS1 games $2 each - All Star Tennis and Actua Golf 2.

Hollywood video is blowing out all GCN, PS2, and Xbox games for $3.99 apiece....

some of my finds today

XBox--Star Wars Jedi Outcast

PS2--Dragon Quest VIII with demo disc

XBox--Shenmue II, complete and mint

Left a couple there I wish I had gotten, like Tales of Symphonia and Suikoden III, but there's always tomorrow.

It'll still pick up radio stations and low power TV broadcasts, though. It'll be pretty awesome to show it off somewhere with some off the wall TV or radio station. I'm really curious as to which stations are going to keep a low power transmitter and which are going all digital. See my thread in the hardware section for more.

I got the tuner mainly for collector's value. I never did watch enough TV to justify spending the money on one for that purpose. I also wanna get the regular FM radio tuner, maybe a Power Back, and a Sega brand car adapter just to complete my collection of Game Gear accessories.

I threw in the Master Gear today to play the SMS Rampage I just got for $3.

Edited by shadow460

I picked up some cheap PC games yesterday that I always wanted to play:

Warcraft: Orcs vs Humans (CD only but mint - my copy is scratched to hell) - 0.99

F.E.A.R. (complete) - $1.99

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (complete) - $1.99

Beyond Normandy: Assignment Berlin (complete) - $1.99

Half-Life: GOTY Edition (SEALED) - $1.99

Edited by ClassicGMR

I can never seem to find anything in my area and when I do, it's not cheap...this is the best that I've found around here in along time :(

All for the PS2 (complete) and all for $4 each:

MX Unleashed

ATV Off Road Fury

Test Drive

Sled Storm

Grand Theft Auto III

- NES

Tom & Jerry - 75 cents

Strider - 75 cents

- NES boxed, complete - 75 cents

Smash TV

Vice: Project Doom

Days of Thunder

Crustalis

World Wrestling

Rollergames

- N64 - free

sharkbyte keycard Quest 64 - not sure what this is for? Probably for a specific game?

Also found a very cool old dual CD pioneer player for $6, and a bag for the Pixel Vision camera (the one that shot onto audio cassettes) for a buck. I scoured the store hoping to find the camera, but no dice.

Went to one of my favorite swap shops. I know this guy well and he mainly deals with gold and silver.

He buys games for 25 cents each and sells them to me for 1.00 each since he knows me he usually throws them in back for when i get there around once a week. got some decent games today some of these new and sealed.

post-8856-1226973111_thumb.jpg

Edited by zach1845

Went to one of my favorite swap shops. I know this guy well and he mainly deals with gold and silver.

He buys games for 25 cents each and sells them to me for 1.00 each since he knows me he usually throws them in back for when i get there around once a week. got some decent games today some of these new and sealed.

zach what a awesome score you got there man

make sure you make good friends with that guy so

he can hook you up on other future purchases congrats man lucky azz :cool:

zach what a awesome score you got there man

make sure you make good friends with that guy so

he can hook you up on other future purchases congrats man lucky azz :cool:

Thanks Everyone gets lucky once in a while :) I just dont know how these rpg games for ps1 get sold to a pawn shop for 25 cents

Especially when they are brand new