IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Lunar Pool sounded intriguing.

If you want to read a funny incident that caused major havoc in AA a couple of years ago

Look Up Cheating Goodwill

It includes NES, Lunar Pool, and Yours truly.

What form of twisted logic are you using to make you want to bring that up again 3 years after the thread died!? Any normal person would want to forget the entire thing, seriously!

BTW, have you since graduated to taking ziploc bags into Goodwill and shoving merchandise up your bum?

EDIT: I just found where you took it back and apologized... cool, good man. Pretty "funny" thread, thanks for directing me to it. I've been here a long longer than my join date would suggest, but I don't recall seeing that one before.

I kinda flamed up before I read the EDIT, but its cool I just wanted you to have a kick with my lil incident

Edited by A2600

Lunar Pool sounded intriguing.

If you want to read a funny incident that caused major havoc in AA a couple of years ago

Look Up Cheating Goodwill

It includes NES, Lunar Pool, and Yours truly.

What form of twisted logic are you using to make you want to bring that up again 3 years after the thread died!? Any normal person would want to forget the entire thing, seriously!

BTW, have you since graduated to taking ziploc bags into Goodwill and shoving merchandise up your bum?

EDIT: I just found where you took it back and apologized... cool, good man. Pretty "funny" thread, thanks for directing me to it. I've been here a long longer than my join date would suggest, but I don't recall seeing that one before.

I kinda flamed up before I read the EDIT, but its cool I just wanted you to have a kick with my lil incident

Well, that's the reaction you have to expect from something like that, as you saw from several pages of comments in the original thread! And the Edit is also the likely the reaction after I got to the part where you return the item. Took awhile to work my way though several pages of people ridiculing the whole thing!

For anyone in the area interested, there's a common-style NES at the Waukesha WI Goodwill for $10. A little dirty but didn't look too bad. I think it didn't have controllers though, but I can't be sure since I really wasn't interested, I didn't look too closely.

I did peek inside though, to see if there was a Lunar Pool cart inside! Nope :P

I consider this to be a find, and if it had controllers and I didn't already have one, I'd have bought it. I suspected there may be one back there since there were some new NES and N64 games in there today too (nothing even remotely good), along with the usual stale assortment of overpriced and ruined 2600 and Genesis titles.

Edited by Mirage1972

Hiya,

Kinda slow over here for games. Got these for a quarter a piece tho:

Genesis

Wheel Of Fortune

Ms. Pac-Man

Clue

Bugs Bunny In Double Trouble

Taz - Escape From Mars

Disney's Aladdin

Gargoyles

Pac-Attack

Desert Demolition

Scooby-Doo Mystery

The Lost Vikings

Toy Story

These were in baggies, so I had to buy them all to get the couple that I wanted. Hard to beef too much at these prices!

Had a nice Colecovision find. The console does not work, but the driving controller and expansion module #1 for Atari games do. Some very nice games included, though. Coco Montezuma's revenge. For the Atari 2600: Subterranea, Miner 2049er, and best of all, the first Spitfire Attack I have ever seen with an intact end label! That one made me happy.

I'd like to see if I can get the console going. Paid $30 for the lot, but a probably $10 more in transportation costs--yes, sometimes I take the train/bus to go thrifting and it is expensive around here!

I'd like to see if I can get the console going. Paid $30 for the lot, but a probably $10 more in transportation costs--yes, sometimes I take the train/bus to go thrifting and it is expensive around here!

Even if the console itself doesn't work, the power supply alone can justify a good chunk of that price. You did all right.

Went to a rummage sale today, did not get anything, but passed on:

* Vsmile - not sure on the price, but was interested to see what the system is like. I would have felt weird buying an all pink console though :ponder:

* Mini PS1 - not sure on the price either, but the vendor said she has 2 Vectrexes at home, but was not ready to pass them on yet

* Jakks Atari joystick - $0.50. I already have 2, and they kind of suck, so I passed

I found (loose),Krull,U.S Games Gopher,and pretty common Imagic Star Voyager.All labels are mint.Not rare games,but nontheless,all were missing from my collection,glad i have them :)

Edited by Rik

Good point, I probably should have said "someone who had the foresight to glue the label back on." Seriously though, I have been looking for this cart in decent condition for YEARS now.

I also got the Colecovision console working! Joystick is shot, though and the expansion module does not work with either of the units I have. Two CX-40 Atari sticks came along with it and one of them has a great feel to it... isn't it weird that some sticks just feel better than others? This one is nicely broken in and has earned a place in my keeper box. The other was a nice working Vader one.

...the first Spitfire Attack I have ever seen with an intact end label!...

"Intact" isn't quite the right word here... maybe "owned by someone who figured out what to do with that sticker". :)

7800 with:

2 prolines

pwr brick

boxed home run: 10$

intellivision:

space amendra

boxing

intellivoice

11$

atari 5200 with:

poor condition console (REALLY POOR)

2 controllers, both half working

pac man + manual

pitfall+ manual

galexian + man

some other game

pwr supply

switch box thingy (its 4 port)

owners manual + other system doucments

:

5$

For anyone in the area interested, there's a common-style NES at the Waukesha WI Goodwill for $10. A little dirty but didn't look too bad. I think it didn't have controllers though, but I can't be sure since I really wasn't interested, I didn't look too closely.

I did peek inside though, to see if there was a Lunar Pool cart inside! Nope :P

I consider this to be a find, and if it had controllers and I didn't already have one, I'd have bought it. I suspected there may be one back there since there were some new NES and N64 games in there today too (nothing even remotely good), along with the usual stale assortment of overpriced and ruined 2600 and Genesis titles.

I can't even find ruined, overpriced 2600, genesis, etc titles in the Goodwills around here let alone something in good shape (Pittsburgh). Oh... the occasional sonic 2 and mario/duck hunt shows up, but not much else.

I can't even find ruined, overpriced 2600, genesis, etc titles in the Goodwills around here let alone something in good shape (Pittsburgh). Oh... the occasional sonic 2 and mario/duck hunt shows up, but not much else.

That's the norm here too, believe me. I do occasionally find NES/SNES/N64, but not very often, and even then they're usually junk titles anyway. I think I've only seen 2 or 3 consoles in the wild in the past year (not counting CraigsList), and only bought one of those.

I found one of those Sharp TV/NES combo systems. On a scale of 1-10...it's a -3, how someone can inflict so much cosmetic damage to a piece of electronics is mind numbing. About a 6" hole on the top where something melted thru, all the buttons (Channel, Volume, On/Off, etc) are gone so I have to use a pencil to press them, the front door is missing, er, broke off and missing, the back of the TV is loose like it's broken free from the screws, one of the feet is cracked, and of course the NES doesn't work (you have to force it down as far as it can go to play, but then if you let go it flashes), and it's dirty as a $5 hoe (or shovel if you like). The people I bought it from drove 45min to town, seemed like they needed the money, and were really nice so I bought it (sucker)...so for $120 I have a heavy paperweight. The lesson here, ASK CONDITION PRIOR TO HAVING SOMEONE DRIVE UP TO SELL YOU SOMETHING!!! I didn't.

@smilin_joe - sorry to hear about the TV. I've always wanted one of those. I'm sure it would be repairable to something that's a little more functional, but it stinks that you have to put work into it. At least there are no bugs living inside? ;)

Here are my finds today for a buck and a quarter each:

SNES

Donkey Kong Country (haven't been able to find mine for 10 years!)

Paperboy

Mickey Mania (in box! it's probably me 2nd SNES box)

Mario's Early Years, fun with numbers

Also got a C-3PO bust that's a carrying case for Star Wars figures. It's a reissue as it has a speech chip built in with light up eyes, and it has maybe a dozen figures inside - that was $3!

A yellow stained SNES for over $50? For just the SNES?!? Seriously? That's crazy! If some of these prices I keep hearing end up being true, I'll put a whole lot more stuff up for sale, I tell ya!

100_3342.jpg

a lil dirty, and the controller port has an issue. otherwise with all the fixins, power brick and official coleco connector and cable. basically works

100_3338.jpg

dupe central in this lot.....

100_3340.jpg

more games coming

100_3339.jpg

almost to the payoff

100_3343.jpg

ding ding ding.....

only got the lot for the amount of games as i only previously had about 10, and i have been searching for a zaxxon for ages...

didn't even notice the quality till i got home. could be the best 30 bucks spent eva...

Yesterday I bought a shredder for $1.50 (half off!) and a portable VCR/portable screen thing for $5.00. "Audiovox VBP1000 VCR Video in a Bag" and more important it has a/v input so I can plug in a joystick game or something. The VCR is kind of crappy, but it works. Got me perusing the benheck site... I mean, what else could I use a 4" LCD for...

I found one of those Sharp TV/NES combo systems. On a scale of 1-10...it's a -3, how someone can inflict so much cosmetic damage to a piece of electronics is mind numbing. About a 6" hole on the top where something melted thru, all the buttons (Channel, Volume, On/Off, etc) are gone so I have to use a pencil to press them, the front door is missing, er, broke off and missing, the back of the TV is loose like it's broken free from the screws, one of the feet is cracked, and of course the NES doesn't work (you have to force it down as far as it can go to play, but then if you let go it flashes), and it's dirty as a $5 hoe (or shovel if you like). The people I bought it from drove 45min to town, seemed like they needed the money, and were really nice so I bought it (sucker)...so for $120 I have a heavy paperweight. The lesson here, ASK CONDITION PRIOR TO HAVING SOMEONE DRIVE UP TO SELL YOU SOMETHING!!! I didn't.

Sorry to hear that. You can replace the 72-pin connector in them to fix the NES part, but it's a pain to get the thing apart, and you have to sort of have someone hold part of it up carefully while you do most of the work. If anyone's looking for one, I have one for sale that I've already fixed... haven't gotten around to posting a thread about it yet.