IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

it has some controllers that look like combo paddles/joysticks. I almost purchased it for those alone.

Gemini controllers perhaps?

This week I picked up NES Megaman 3 and Snoopy Sports loose as well as a 2600 Pengo and a boxed TG-16 Turbotap

They were a tan color and had Atari logos on them. My first thought was Sears controllers, but not with that logo.

picked up some stuff at the local Savers last night. had a coupon for 20% these prices too. i'm not doing the math right now.

nes system $15

nes three stooges cart $4

NQFCCs.png NQG44s.png

the nes came with an rf switchbox, 3rd party ac adapter and a game genie stuck in it, minus the handle. i cleaned things up enough to get an SMB cart running through the game genie. without the genie, i get a blinking title screen. i'll have to do something about the connector, and then i want to try overclocking it.

i grabbed the cart just out of excitement of finding anything worthwhile at this place.

radio shack trs-80 mc-10 micro computer $8

NQD10s.png NQEKKs.png

comes with a setup/basic language book, quick reference pamphlet, power brick and a cord with a midi style plug on one end/3 mini audio plugs on the other. from what I gather, it can use regular cassettes for storage. i borrowed an rf cable and switchbox from my atari pile and fired it up. seems to work ok. it's an odd little thing. anyone collect stuff like this? is it worth anything? I don't have the attention span to do anything useful with it.

Went on our now annual trip to Kalamazoo, MI for Pinball at the Zoo and went a day early to check out the whole town on Friday. Would you believe that the K-Zoo metro area has no less than FOUR classic gaming stores? They have almost 25% less the population of the Lansing metro area, but 4 times as many vintage game stores? Doesn't matter anyway as everything is priced to collect dust. I did pick up a nice loose copy of Pengo for the 2600 for only $3.99 so that's ok. :)

Hit some thrift store and yard sales too.

Goodwill (would have passed but I felt like rewarding them for having a really clean public restroom when I needed one VERY badly) :x :mad: :o <-- (me almost passing out trying to blast one out) :rolling:

Gameboy Blades of Steel $3.50

GBA Yoshi Topsy Turvey $3.50 - this ones neat because it's a tilt sensor cart and can't run on a flash cart. Also found a really funny/cool Wallace and Gromit wall clock! It's pretty old (1997) but worth the $5 I spent. :)

Yardsale 1

Gameboy Camera

Gameboy Printer

Super Gameboy

GC Sonic Mega Collection

All for $15 and everything is immaculate

Yardsale 2

Near perfect Gamegear with zipper case, PS and 8 games

Huge stack of N64 era Nintendo Power mags and assorted manuals and boxes

Shaq-fu SNES complete in box (he went inside to get and gave it

to me for free! Yeah, I know, even free he got the better end of the deal!)

SNES fighter game six button game pad

All for $20.50

Yardsale 3

N64 Mario Golf with manual $1

N64 Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling $1

GC Need for Speed Underground $3

I had some ranting to do, but I might start a new thread for that!

Also, stay tuned for my Craigslist find o' the week..................

post-12780-1240100664_thumb.jpg

post-12780-1240100673_thumb.jpg

post-12780-1240100677.jpg

Edited by SRGilbert

Grabbed up a few things at the MMV store:

PS1 SCPH-7501 $5, good for the laser unit and the parallel port cover (and some odd brown gunk)

Black PS1 memory card, official Sony brand $1 (worth the trip right there)

USB cable for my PSP 50 cents (charges it up in my truck again--woohoo?)

Three composite cables 'cause you never can have enough--50 cents each.

it has some controllers that look like combo paddles/joysticks. I almost purchased it for those alone.

Gemini controllers perhaps?

This week I picked up NES Megaman 3 and Snoopy Sports loose as well as a 2600 Pengo and a boxed TG-16 Turbotap

They were a tan color and had Atari logos on them. My first thought was Sears controllers, but not with that logo.

Can you post pics?

Craigslist find last night.

2600 Vader (very dirty with 2 very worn joysticks, no ps, this one might not be worth saving :( )

7800 (think it's a V2 - very nice except still has plastic on the strip leaving residue - 2 controllers, ps)

2 rapid fire adapters

Tele-games center, not bad, no cracks on lid but very hazy, but not beyond help

1 booster grip with Omega Race

Over 100 games, all loose, but only a couple of manuals - I think I counted about 25 that are new to me including some nice 4's, 5's and a 6 or two. Also, a LOT of Sears lables in here, wonder if mom worked there or something!

Total for the lot, $100

Today, flea market

Complete SNES, 2 controllers, ps ect and 14 games including Super Mario All Stars and DKC 1 and 2 - $25. I think 4-5 games will go in the collection, the rest will go on CL soon.

X-Box Gameshark usb card reader and disc complete - $5

post-12780-1240165841_thumb.jpg

post-12780-1240165876_thumb.jpg

post-12780-1240165888_thumb.jpg

Edited by SRGilbert

What label is on that Atlantis? Did you hit the Atlantis 2 jackpot with it?

$100 seems a little on the high side, but doable.

Atlantis 2? Yeah right! No, I checked. :)

I think $100 is about right considering as I said I got about 25 new games out it. Some interesting ones too:

Ram It - R6

Pooyan - R5

Roc N' Rope - R5

Fantastic Voyage - R4

Tax Avoiders - R5

Frankenstein's Monster - R5

Stellar Track - R4

Krull - R4

Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes - R4

Not to mention the 2 Xonox games and the Booster Grip

The rest of the stuff will go into my sell pile where at the least I'll break even.

:)

radio shack trs-80 mc-10 micro computer $8

NQD10s.png NQEKKs.png

comes with a setup/basic language book, quick reference pamphlet, power brick and a cord with a midi style plug on one end/3 mini audio plugs on the other. from what I gather, it can use regular cassettes for storage. i borrowed an rf cable and switchbox from my atari pile and fired it up. seems to work ok. it's an odd little thing. anyone collect stuff like this? is it worth anything? I don't have the attention span to do anything useful with it.

Unfortunately the death of those was they weren't even compatible with the regular CoCo. Much like a Aquarius, they aren't really good for anything fun. :)

What label is on that Atlantis? Did you hit the Atlantis 2 jackpot with it?

$100 seems a little on the high side, but doable.

$100 for that lot isn't high. Maybe you're high ;)

I'm naturally high. Given the list of games, though, I stand corrected.

I picked up some inty games today:

Stampede CIB $3

Frogger with box and instructions $3

the rest were in a pack for $5:

Mouse Trap

Carnival

Microsurgeon

Auto Racing

Frogger is going up for sale.

Craugslist find...

nes with 24 games including Boxed smb 2,smb 3 has castlevania 1-3, ninja gaiden 2, bomberman complete, contra and more

snes with 1 game

30.00 for all

Very nice!

Cripes, I thought I did well finding an SNES for $25. Granted it looks new with no staining or scuffs. bleh.... people that post on Craigs list around here want too much... e.g. 20 atari commons plus system for $100.

I'm supposed to get in touch with a couple of Game X Change managers tomorrow regarding manuals. Honestly, I don't expect it to pan out. One of them is into Atari a little bit, and we've discussed a possible purchase of manuals. Game X Change policy is generally to not sell any manuals for cartridge games. However, they do take the manuals in and sometimes the staff will bend the rules for you. A manager can sell whatever they want to in their store, so they are the "go to" guys.

Most of them just hand the manuals out free to regular customers when it's not busy. They also have tons of catalogs that I should have grabbed up for my boxed games, but I didn't. Heck, I'll just buy a bunch of those.

Anyway, on to the list:

Atari 2600 manuals:

Several black manuals

Trick Shot

Q*Bert

Lost Luggage

Grand Prix

Pitfall!

Kaboom!

Bermuda Triangle

Raft Rider

Mario Bros (English version)

Pole Position (English version)

Activision Winter 1982 catalog

Atari catalogs

CO14356 C

CO 12737 02

and tomorrow I get to try and haggle for a Fast Food manual

Those listed above except Fast Food were free

Game Boy Advance manual:

Zelda Four Swords, also free

Game Gear manual:

Majors Pro Baseball (I think), free

Game Gear cart:

Arcade Classics: Centipede & Missle Command with Pong included $4

Loose Intellivision Carts for $1:

Chip Shot Super Pro Golf (INTV)

Donkey Kong (Coleco)

Frog Bog (Mattel), now has instructions and overlay from my collection

Kool Aid Man (Mattel)

Super Pro Football (INTV)

World Championship Baseball (INTV)

Boxed Intellivision carts for $1:

Bomb Squad CIB

Space Spartans (missing overlays)

Tron Solar Sailer (missing one overlay)

Boxing CIB

Checkers CIB

Las Vegas Roulette CIB

NFL Football (Sears box & docs, but has a Mattel cart)

PGA Golf (missing overlays)

Poker and Blackjack (sears box and docs, Mattel cart)

SNAFU (missing instruction and one overlay)

Sub Hunt (INTV) CIB

Tennis CIB

Tennis missing one overlay

Tron Deadly Discs (missing overlays)

Other Intellivision carts:

Lock 'n' Chase, Mattel, loose $2

NASL Soccer CIB $3

Electric Company Math Fun CIB $3

Electric Company Word Fun CIB $3

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons CIB $5

Pics of my recent finds to follow...

Edited by shadow460

:mad: :mad: :mad: I hate this thread, but I love to see what you finded! I just hate the fact that there's never anything good here in omaha!!! everything goes to gamers, and sometimes goodwill, and both are way overpriced. :_(

where'd you guys get all that luck?

Edited by 27ace27

:mad: :mad: :mad: I hate this thread, but I love to see what you finded! I just hate the fact that there's never anything good here in omaha!!! everything goes to gamers, and sometimes goodwill, and both are way overpriced. :_(

You gotta stay on top of Craigslist, that and yard sales are youv best bet.

Here's a nice Sega collection for $150 OBO

Sega Genesis Collection 50 Games. Systems 1,2,3 + Nomad - $125 (South Omaha)

http://omaha.craigslist.org/tag/1130095220.html

Here's a kick ass Dreamcast set for $100

http://omaha.craigslist.org/tag/1127863945.html

How about Sega Saturn and 15 games for $75

http://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/1102214996.html

Or get it all together along with a nice PS2 collection for only $125! :)

http://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/1095345500.html

Maybe a SNES store kiosk for only $225?

http://omaha.craigslist.org/tag/1130100224.html

Gamecube with 7 games and wavebird controller - $50

http://omaha.craigslist.org/tag/1125647415.html

You just have to keep your eyes open! Granted, those are only average deals if you already have those systems, but I'd totally grab that collection for $125 if it were me.

I got all that luck from getting to know the employees at many of our local game shops. Hang out for a few minutes if they aren't busy and shoot the breeze with them. If you've got games to trade off and you know they collect those, take a few in as freebies. They're human...well, most are, anyway. You will son learn who you can deal with and who you can't, you'll also learn what they stores can deal on and what they have to sell at the list prices. You'll also learn who will hold stuff back for you. The fellow I dealt with today has held stuff many times for me.

As for fleas, swap meets, and thrifts, you have to stay on top of things. Especially in thrift shops, you have to keep hitting them week after week, sometimes even twice a week. Know the pricing policies and when prices are reduced, and try to get in there right after opening on price reduction days.

Oh, yeah, it helps to know what you want and what you don't want. Keep a want list handy. Maybe keep it in your car, and when you go thrifting, you don't have to think about whether you've already got that game or not--you just grab the list and go. I keep a partial on one my PSP, and it helped immensely today. Of course, there are some things you'll always want to grab for trade bait.

When I go to a thrift store my routine is to head for the electronics area, check the CD area for games maybe mixed in with the music CD's and then scan the glass display cases where they keep what they consider to be their "good stuff" - jewellery and often video games and stuff. I usually dont pay much attention to the kids toys area where there are old stuffed toys and 498 pieces of a 500-piece jigsaw puzzle. On a business trip, I swung by the kiddy toy area at a Dayton, OH Goodwill recently and there was one of those Coleco mini arcade Ms Pac Man for 99 cents in great cosmetic condition. Had 4 c-cell Duracells in it but wouldnt power up. Bought it anyway thinking I could revive it if it was not functional but turns out the batteries were dead and fresh ones powered 'er up fine. Better condition than the one I paid $40 for off Ebay.

On another note - my pet peeve for the majority of my thrift store finds are the placement and permanency of the price stickers they use. Value Village here in Canada is especially annoying. They must use superglue on them price tags and ALWAYS placed in the worst spot on the item you buy.

I went to the Englishtown Swap Meet on Friday, and picked up a few cool things. The ESM is about 70% car related, but they have lots of other cool stuff (and TONS of useless junk that I would be embarased to throw out, lol). It is massive (the size of several football fields), outdoors, and takes place over three days twice a year.

The first thing I got was the following, and HP 42S Scientific Calculator. Now, I have no use for this, but it was only 50 cents, and these things are worth $150 plus on eBay.

swapmeet1.jpg

The next things I picked up were the following three handheld games, for just $2 each. They are Tandy Sports Arena (complete with two sets of three different overlays and instructions), Brick Game, and Wheel of Fortune. I never have heard of Brick Game, but it appears to be a Breakout clone. Wish I had batteries in the house to test it.

swapmeet2.jpg

Well, that was my day. I didn't get anything else gaming-related, but did get some other stuff for dirt cheap that I'm sure no one is interested in. :D

I'm with ya on that! It's similar to having the score run up on you in a lopsided football game...

I'm with ya on that! It's similar to having the score run up on you in a lopsided football game...

I did however, find a Nintendo 64 and some PS games at a Goodwill, but I do not consider either of those "Classic Consoles." A Classic Console is one that focuses on arcade ports from the late 70s to 1984. Having said that, that would include the 7800 but not the NES.

I did find some carts for an Atari computer at Salvation Army two weeks ago, but the fact remains that I have not been able to find any for my consoles.

Sundays Finds, all for about $55 US dlls:

N64: Castlevania Legacy of Darkness with box and manual

SNES:Top Gear 3000 and War of the Gems (carts only)

NES: Console + 4 controllers + Satellite + plastic game Holder + Cleaner + 30 Games some with box

Panic Restaurant (cart only)

Felix The Cat (cart only)

Vice (cart only)

Menace Beach (cart only)

Wally Bear (cart only)

Double Dribble with plastic case

Tetris (cart only)

Indiana Jones Temple of Doom + plastic sleeve

Mafat Conspiracy + manual + plastic case

orb 3d (cart only)

silent service (cart only)

burgertime + plastic case

silius + plastic case

super spike v ball/world cup + sleeve

Nes control deck manual

footbal + box

muppet adventure + box

little league baseball + box

fast break + box

flight of intruder + box

mission imposible + box

castlequest + box

f117a + box

tetris + box

boluderdash + box

batman returns + box + manual

bart vs the world + box

cleaning kit + box + manual

super C + box

laser invasion + box

megaman 4 + box + manual

gi joe Atlantis + box + manual

GENESIS:Earth Worm Jim 2, Castlevania Bloodlines,Streets of Rage, Comix Zone and B.O.B. (carts only)

Photos in my blog (the text is in spanish)

http://coleccionjuegos4u.blogspot.com/

Regards