IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Sega Saturn (round buttons) with controller and power cord, no video cable. $9.09

Works great, just dead battery.

:( Lucky. I had to pay $80 for mine.

I paid $300 for mine. That was in 1997, though. Oh, and the battery was fresh, too. :P

Today I found the following:

PSX Games

Bravo Air Race

Destruction Derby

Command and Conquer

Sled Storm

Big Ole' Bass (missing manual)

Crash Bandicoot 2

One of the JamPack discs

Dreamcast

NFL 2k

All for 95 cents each. All complete except for the fishing game, which I wouldn't have bought except it's made by Konami, so for less than a buck I was curious.

I also found an older Made in USA Patagonia backpack. I always keep my eyes peeled for old Patagonia stuff (a couple of weeks ago I found an old Made in USA Patagonia ski jacket), and this made for a nice means of carrying out my new games.

Chris

Some at a flea market told me he got a box of 50 Atari games from a guy at another flea market for $5!!! Then he told me he also gave that guy a cigarette and in return got a Super Nintendo.

My friend said that a guy at a flea market gave her a Sega Saturn and 173 games for free because his nephew didn't play with it anymore.

I got a ColecoVision, Genesis model 2, 17 ColecoVision games and 1 Genesis game, a third party turbo NES controller, and an N64 sharkpad for $30, but that's because he was my mom's friend.

I also got my 4 port 5200 with the box, wires, 5 boxed games, controllers, and 10 2600 games for $55. Everything except the box was pretty much in mint condition.

I think these count even though they're not games

I got a piston CONN French horn for $60 and a silver trumpet for $40, both with cases and mouthpieces. The trumpet came with a mute too. Both instruments, apparently were from the early 1900's or very late 1800's.

post-6115-1242685091_thumb.jpg

The PlayStation games were all $3 each. Not exactly an absolute steal, but given that they're all complete, non-greatest-hits editions of some harder to find and higher demand titles like Bubble Bobble and Dance Dance Revolution Konamix, I think I still got a good deal.

The Panasonic REAL (my first 3DO player) works, though it didn't come with a controller - $5. The Casio FX-7400G also works - $2. The Game Boy games are two multi-game pirate carts, a 37-in-1 and a 42-in-1. I offered $3 each for them.

Another great weekend!

post-6115-1242685091_thumb.jpg

The PlayStation games were all $3 each. Not exactly an absolute steal, but given that they're all complete, non-greatest-hits editions of some harder to find and higher demand titles like Bubble Bobble and Dance Dance Revolution Konamix, I think I still got a good deal.

The Panasonic REAL (my first 3DO player) works, though it didn't come with a controller - $5. The Casio FX-7400G also works - $2. The Game Boy games are two multi-game pirate carts, a 37-in-1 and a 42-in-1. I offered $3 each for them.

Another great weekend!

:( I WANT A 3DO FOR $5!!!! Where was it? Garage sale?

New 7800 came in the mail today. I was just looking for an old junker to desolder a boot ROM from, but it turned out to be a beautiful unit. It's the intermediate style with an expansion shell but no port.

It still has the plastic on the metal plate, a wider cart sleeve so games fit better, clean, and everything inside was mint. From the moment I cracked the screws loose I could tell it's never been opened.

After finally getting the shield off, I looked inside, and the Maria is socketed! This surprises me, I thought only a very early model would have that. The date codes are all from early-mid 87, including the PCB.

Maybe I'll find a ROM donor someday, but this isn't it. I'm keeping it intact - and installing an XBoard in that Maria socket. Not sure what I'll do with it yet, but I can't let that socket go to waste.

So I replaced the 220uF capacitors on general principle. Don't have the big 2200uF yet, but I'll replace it soon.

After removal, I discovered that one of the 220uF caps was completely open - No reading at all on the ESR meter. So it's quite bad, and I'm lucky it didn't fail short and kill everything. These smaller caps are on the 5v line, and the system was running fine with only 1 working cap between the 2.

Coincidentally, my original 7800 as a kid was from the same timeframe as this one, and it died from a cap explosion. I don't have a good history with those caps.

As if the console wasn't enough, the seller also included a copy of "Mario Bros." - one of the 7800 games I don't have and most wanted to get. That game wasn't mentioned anywhere in the listing. I just got really lucky on this one.

Got an Atari Lynx II at gametraders with a boxed copy of KLAX. What would you guys reccomend I get? I saw Ms Pac Man and Lemmings there, worth picking up?

post-5846-1242904716_thumb.jpg

Joust, Rampage and Paperboy are all good. I would stay away from Robotron - I was very disappointed as you have to use the fire buttons to change the directions of fire. Very lame!

Great weekend at the flea markets so far:

Zelda Game & Watch

Black Jack Game & Watch

Gold Cliff Game & Watch

Parachute Game & Watch

I paid $25 a piece and they all came with instructions, which isn't exactly a thrift find, but it's a heck of alot cheaper than these normally go for (well, maybe except Black Jack)

ericandjeffscamera10-11-08366.jpg

Also picked up a few 2600 games:

Super Cobra

Winter Games

Motocross Racer (R7, woot! :D )

Gangster Alley

Spacechase

Alien

Lost Luggage

Montezuma's Revenge

Beany Bopper

Fishing Derby

Omega Race

All for $22... needless to say, I was pretty happy with that :D :D :D

ericandjeffscamera10-11-08367.jpg

I also stopped by a garage sale, and picked up a platinum 'Cube with Paper Mario and Mario Party 4, and some other crappier games for $20.

And in case that wasn’t enough, I also got me some Genny games for $3 apiece:

Super Smash TV (The 3-button Genesis controller didn’t even occur to me until after I was home :( )

Mutant League Football

Todd’s Adventures in Slime World

Cyborg Justice

Bonanza Brothers

Best weekend I've had in quite a while.

Hiya. Good day for PS1 & 2 for some reason. My fave thrift has had the same SNES carts for 2 months, so I wasn't expecting anything good. Anyway, this bundle was $7.50:

Who Wants to be a Millionaire? - 2nd ed.

Crash Bash

Digimon 2

Tomba 2

Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone

MVP Baseball 2002 (PS2 disc only)

Bully (PS2 disc only)

I also got a very deluxe looking box set of several seasons of 24 - it's a bootleg from China I think, but the packaging is lovely. Looks really official. That was $5, and the complete series of The Pretender was $3. Coo thing was that lots of stuff was half off, and the store is running a memorial Day sale - every $25 you spend gets you $10 off. I made out...

They also have a lot of cassingles for some reason - and the songs seem to be way to recent to have cassingles of them existing. Odd.

Some interesting finds, if not exactly cheap.

Yard sale yesterday

Gamecube Super Smash Brothers Melee $5

Gamecube Rouge Squadron III Demo disc $5 - thought it was neat that it has the Star Wars Arcade vector game on it.

Today at a flea market:

I couldn't believe that I found a booth with Virtual Boy games! I have a VB but only Mario Tennis, so this made me happy. I thought they were fair prices considering.

Wario Land $10

3d Tetris $10

Galactic Pinball $10

I also got a CIB pack of Gameboy Printer paper for $5 and a copy of NES Open Tournament Golf for $4. The only reason that I bought that is because the spreadsheet I keep in my PDA says it's a rarity "B", with "A" being the most rare of all. First of all, that's a really stupid system for grading games! Second of all, it turns out that the game really IS worth only about $4, in spite

of being considered a "rare" game. :roll: That's why I need to get an iPhone I guess. Oh well, it's still new to my collection.

Not a single Atari related item at all this weekend, depressing.......

Some interesting finds, if not exactly cheap.

Yard sale yesterday

Gamecube Super Smash Brothers Melee $5

Gamecube Rouge Squadron III Demo disc $5 - thought it was neat that it has the Star Wars Arcade vector game on it.

Today at a flea market:

I couldn't believe that I found a booth with Virtual Boy games! I have a VB but only Mario Tennis, so this made me happy. I thought they were fair prices considering.

Wario Land $10

3d Tetris $10

Galactic Pinball $10

I also got a CIB pack of Gameboy Printer paper for $5 and a copy of NES Open Tournament Golf for $4. The only reason that I bought that is because the spreadsheet I keep in my PDA says it's a rarity "B", with "A" being the most rare of all. First of all, that's a really stupid system for grading games! Second of all, it turns out that the game really IS worth only about $4, in spite

of being considered a "rare" game. :roll: That's why I need to get an iPhone I guess. Oh well, it's still new to my collection.

Not a single Atari related item at all this weekend, depressing.......

Anything for the Gamecube for $5 is cheap.

At a garage sale I got a

WWF The Arcade game VHS Strategy Guide that's never been used so I'm assuming the quality is pretty good (I'm gonna upload this to Youtube by the end of the week) (someone tell me how rare it is)

FREE Model 1 Nintendo DS because it didn't have a charger

At a garage sale I got a

WWF The Arcade game VHS Strategy Guide that's never been used so I'm assuming the quality is pretty good (I'm gonna upload this to Youtube by the end of the week) (someone tell me how rare it is)

BSUpTBWkKGrHgoH-DQEjlLlu3hQBKCjSVNo.jpg

FREE Model 1 Nintendo DS because it didn't have a charger

I found a black Sega Dreamcast at a flea market for $7 with no controllers and one game. The guy there was an idiot and gave me the wrong cables for it so now I have to use my PS1 power supply and I need to buy the AV plugs.

Bummer about not getting the AV wire, but you did well on the console itself. The black one is on the rare side. There was a matching controller too. Dreamcast is still one of my favorite consoles, so I hope that you have lots of fun with it!

You all are probably going to kill me for this one but...

I passed on a TI99/4A with a dust cover (a plastic case thing with a lid), two controllers and around 8 games this weekend.

It was marked at $30 and didn't have a power supply or A/V cable. I really wanted it, but I've never seen one in the wild before and wasn't sure I'd be able to score the additional cables.

I'm new to the site, and have been away from vintage gaming for awhile, but I just found these. Some aren't great, but are good for my first finds. :)

One of the local thrift shops were 50% off yesterday, and I got a PS1 (last version) with the screen and car adapter and controllers for $15.

Also, got an Olympus Stylus 410 digital camera for $15, which I thought was worth mentioning. ;)

Also picked up one of those Atari game binders, Basic Programming CIB (with inlays), and Starship CIB for $16.

Lastly, and this is my favorite, at a thrift store found 2 Gameboy SP's with 2 cases and 15 games for $10!!! There were no cables which is probably why, but both work fine. One is silver, and is pretty scratched up, but I'Ve been dying to get a cheap one to mod, so that is awesome!