IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

PS - Driver - $1

XBOX - The Thing - $1

NES - Superspike V'ball - .50

Genesis PSU - .25

PS - RF hookup - .25

The score today was three Nuon games. I was hoping that would mean that there was a Nuon at the thrift, but alas... so I don't have a unit to play these one, but when I do finally find one (I want one just for the CD player visualizations) I'll be ready. These were a buck a throw:

Tempest 3000

Freefall 3050 AD

Ballistic

The last few weeks I found some good stuff.

2 x Saturn consoles $7.07 each. One with analog controller, one with standard. Neither had the odd video cable, but I can get those cheap from eBay. Cleaned up good and work fine.

1 x XBOX "broken" for $8.08. It works fine, except once you turn it on, you can't turn it off again with the power button. The eject button will make it power off instead. Weird problem, but it plays games fine (and now XBMC).

Found a really interesting poster in a book on how to Win Space Invaders a friend bought over. the Australian logo under Space Invaders reads " Indoor Amusement Games Leisure and Allied Industries"

I always thought it was funny that the Invaders looked nothing like the characters in the game.

Found this @ a garage sale a few days ago:

post-14267-1245354378_thumb.jpg

I asked the gals running the sale what it was & they said they didn't know "it was here when we moved in". I asked how much & they said "FREE, it doesn't work". Took it home, took it apart & figured out that the plastic parts that released the discs from their caddies where misaligned. The turntable was stuck in the "on" position as well. Finally got it to play after using a qtip to dab excess grease along the gears & relocate it around all the parts that were "sticking". There was also a spring laying on the bottom of the unit & I figured out where it went & guessed @ how it went on. It was the spring that rotates the plastic rod with those misaligned parts on the end. After inserting a caddy to retreived the disc, the parts swiveled back up & I was able to load the 2nd side. now it works like a charm! Think I need to replace the stylus though, there's a little video interference. Also grabbed a few PSX games @ another garage sale down the road for $2.50 each.

Peace

Found this @ a garage sale a few days ago:

post-14267-1245354378_thumb.jpg

I asked the gals running the sale what it was & they said they didn't know "it was here when we moved in". I asked how much & they said "FREE, it doesn't work". Took it home, took it apart & figured out that the plastic parts that released the discs from their caddies where misaligned. The turntable was stuck in the "on" position as well. Finally got it to play after using a qtip to dab excess grease along the gears & relocate it around all the parts that were "sticking". There was also a spring laying on the bottom of the unit & I figured out where it went & guessed @ how it went on. It was the spring that rotates the plastic rod with those misaligned parts on the end. After inserting a caddy to retreived the disc, the parts swiveled back up & I was able to load the 2nd side. now it works like a charm! Think I need to replace the stylus though, there's a little video interference. Also grabbed a few PSX games @ another garage sale down the road for $2.50 each.

Peace

Yep, replace the stylus right away. You won't get too many plays out of the discs. Also I hope you didn't have to touch the actual disc that was in there. Touching the caddy is OK, but touching the disc will damage it.

Nice find!

Cool on the VIS system! I remember the hubub when that thing came out. Everyone thought the future of multimedia was going to be in set-top CD-rom players. As limited as they are, I'd still love to find a CD-TV one of these days just to complete my Commodore collection...

Today's finds:

$3.50 for all:

PS1 - monsters inc.

PS1 - family card games

PS2 - issue 102 DVD preview disc

GC - Tony Hawk's Underground

I also found a sealed TDK SA90 cassette tape. Don't know if you guys have noticed how much higher end blank tapes go for on Ebay, but it can be $5-10 for a single cro2 cassette sometimes. At some point, I'll sell off some lots of these sealed cassettes I've been finding and see what they go for. I guess it's not easy to find anything but regular bias cassettes these days? Or perhaps it's collectors picking up different variations of tapes? Or bands using old cassette 4 tracks that want that authentic crummy bedroom demo sound? ;)

Picked up something odd for my area today. A Japanese N64 w/ Japanese Pilotwings64 and U.S. Mario Party 2, it also came with gray, blue, and black controllers, two memory packs, and a transfer pack.

Is there anything special about the Japanese N64? I know the tabs have been broken off to play U.S. games, according to the previous owner.

Last week I found 16 N64 carts... and they all had "99" stickers on them! Turns out that I didn't have 8 of them already, and one I think I had a crappy label or something. Of the other five, I think a couple were R4. There was also a loose Hyperscan controller for $1.99 to go with the Hyperscan that I paid a couple of bucks for last month.

They were all pink price stickers on the Monday of a white week, so that meant they had just been put out that day.

Glad to see everyone is having good luck this summer. I had a GREAT weekend for game stuff as well as other random cool stuff.

First off, hit a big neighborhood sale in a regular (read: non-suburb) neighborhood and that took us all day from 8am-1pm.

Complete and fairly clean SNES with Star Fox and Stanley Cup Hockey - $5

Atari Flashback (v1) complete in box and like brand new - $4

Gamecube, all cables, 2 original controllers,memory card and loose Zelda game inside - $20 (I've wanted one with a digital av out, just need the component cable!)

Big box of 23 NES games most of them with manuals, highlights: Robocop, Gremlins 2, Bad Dudes, Back to the Future, Three Stooges, Knight Rider, RC Pro Am, WIzards & Warriors, Castlevania III : Dracula's Curse, Guerrilla War, MT Punch-out, Track & Field II, as well as a bunch of sports games. Got them all for $1 each! Nice considering I think only 2 or 3 are dupes for me, and I've wanted a copy of BTTF for a while. Who knew there was a Knight Rider NES game? Can't wait to try it out with my Zoomer controller!

13 various Gameboy Color and GBA games for $1 each. Mostly kids games, probably will give them to my nephews.

Bunch of random PS2 and X-box games

:PS2 - Sims Busting Out $2

PS2 - Thrillville - $2

X-box - Doom 3 Collectors Edition - $2

X-box - Deus Ex - Invisible War - $5

X-box - Midway Arcade Treasures - $4

X-box - Namco Museum 50th Aniversary - $4

X-box - Mechassault 2 Lone Wolf - $2

X-box - Tom Clancey's Splinter Cell - $2 (maybe now I can give softmodding a try!)

Also picked up a brand new, still in shrinkwrap D-Link DGS-2208 network switch for only $5! I can use this, and normally it's like $50 or more, plus I grabbed what I think is a 50 foot network cable for only $1.

Neat collectable, got a vintage Indiana Jones Roleplaying game published in 1984 by TSR Games - $5

I think that was it for Saturday.

Today, hit a flea market and did pretty well. Saw a table with a smallish box of Colecovision stuff in it and a sign that saids "$2 for all" so I grabbed it. Turned out to have some nice suprises in it for me including Robin Hood (single ender Xonox) and Frogger Threedeep! Also Q-bert, Cosmic Avenger, Mouse Trap and two Donkey Kongs and a standard CV controller. Also in the box were 8 common 2600 games as well as a manuals for a CV system, Expansion Module #1, and Donkey Kong. Everything is in immaculate condition too, not bad for 2 bucks.

A tub containing 2 SNES's one standard and one mini, all of the cables, a Super Gameboy and a few games, all for $30. I think I have 6 frickin SNES's now, I gotta get these cleaned up and on CL soon.

Super Mario Bros 3 - $2 (never pass up cheap Mario games, you can't sell anything Nintendo without them.)

Indy 500 loose - $1 (I have an extra set of Driving controllers so.....)

Also a pile of CD's (mostly classic rock stuff, greatest hits, things like that) for $1 each. Most of them have scratches, but I have a nice repair machine that will at least get them readable by EAC as long as there are no data scratches.

Lastly, at a thrift store I found a Aura Interactor for SNES and Genesis. This was that stupid "virtual reality" vest that was basically a subwoofer that you strap on your chest! This one is still brand new in shrinkwrap and I got it for $10. I probably over-paid, but I thought it was funny anyway. Plus, I did actually buy one of these on clearance years ago and returned it because it was so bad. Now it's a conversation piece.

:cool:

Edited by SRGilbert

I made the rare Goodwill score recently.

Mouse Trap

Millipede

Dig Dug

Skate Boardin'

Raiders of the lost ark

$2.99 each.

First I've seen Atari stuff at a Thrift in a minute.

Then I was in Jacksonville FL yesterday and got some stuff from the Ramona Flea Market.

Deadly Duck

M.A.D.

Thunderground

Pitfall II

Eggomania

I saw lots of Video games there and you can get a cold beer while you shop.

My soon to be lot of Sega Game Gear stuffs :D -- 35$ Quoted from the CL ad.

"Sega Game Gear with 2 cases, magnify attachment, Sega Game Gear battery pack, AC adaptor and 13 games. I have some of the instruction manuals to the games but not all. All but 3 games have cases. The games I have are Mortal Kombat, World Series Baseball, F-15 Strike Eagle, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Road Rash, Monster Truck Wars, Chuck Rock, Land of Illusion staring Mickey Mouse, Castle Of Illusion staring Mickey Mouse, The Jungle Book, Deep Duck trouble staring donald Duck, and Tempo Jr."

3n53mf3p0ZZZZZZZZZ96624486b74337f1d6f.jpg

3na3k33oeZZZZZZZZZ96667834aa18b091c93.jpg

3m83oc3l0ZZZZZZZZZ966c351b609a303157e.jpg

3na3oe3lfZZZZZZZZZ96638bfa721013313a5.jpg