IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I recently picked up a Wico Command Control Joystick for $2.00. The box is in near mint shape and it has the instruction booklet. Any idea what it might be worth?

Put it on Chasethechuckwagon.com and we will find out :D

AX

I wasn't really looking to sell it, just wondering what it might be worth for my own knowledge :)

I recently picked up a Wico Command Control Joystick for $2.00. The box is in near mint shape and it has the instruction booklet. Any idea what it might be worth?

Put it on Chasethechuckwagon.com and we will find out :D

AX

I wasn't really looking to sell it, just wondering what it might be worth for my own knowledge :)

I'd say somewhere between 25-40 bucks.

I just found a few awesome Saturn games:

Panzer Dragoon

Panzer Dragoon 2

Sonic 3-D Blast

Iron Man and X-O Manowar In Heavy Metal

All Mint in box with instructions for $4.97 each!

Plus a Dreamcast NBA 2k1 for $3.97 to replace mine that I accidentally broke 2 weeks ago.

There was also 'Herc's Adventure' and 'Duke Nukem 3-D' for the Saturn that I'm going to get tomorrow (also 4.97 each.)

I like the Amway toy truck... have you noticed that they've started calling themselves Amway again lately? I guess they think it's been long enough that we've all forgotten the pyramid-schemey nature of it.

Where did you find the unshowable DVDs? I've never seen anyone put those out at yard sales!

Found those at a swap meet in a box from an older biker looking guy. The one is so disturbing (in a fetish type way) that I can't even open it, maybe it would go for something on Mature ebay. Some of that weird fetish stuff goes for something, the other three were average run of the mill.

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I just found a few awesome Saturn games:

Panzer Dragoon

Panzer Dragoon 2

Sonic 3-D Blast

Iron Man and X-O Manowar In Heavy Metal

All Mint in box with instructions for $4.97 each!

Plus a Dreamcast NBA 2k1 for $3.97 to replace mine that I accidentally broke 2 weeks ago.

There was also 'Herc's Adventure' and 'Duke Nukem 3-D' for the Saturn that I'm going to get tomorrow (also 4.97 each.)

wow you got a great deal there man get the other ones as well

wasup everybody haven't been on here for a while

Bought a Wico Boss joystick at a thrift store for $2. For some reason I thought that maybe since the joystick swivels that it is a combo joystick/paddle. Oh well. I'm not in to joysticks with the button on top of the stick, so I have no use for this deal.

Chris

Great day today, hit the usually no-good Salvation Army just for the heck of it and walked away with a Game Boy color (teal) and Hexcite, Solitaire, and Pokemon silver for $10. Boxed Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego (includes a brand new, untouched encyclopedia and original styrofoam inserts) for $3.50. And finally, the best of all, a PS2 network adapters, new in the packaging, for $7.50. $7.50! I couldn't believe it, this place usually has insane eBay-style pricing on stuff like that.

I also got four pound of pluots for $4 at the farmer's market. All told, a good morning!

Actually a really good garage sale day today. I met another Acclaim dev today who sold me a pre-launch N64. There's no difference at all other than she got it a month before it was officially released. She was in the "Creative Arts" department and she helped design the box art of almost every game released by Acclaim from 1990 to 1997.

N64 w/all cables and 4 games - $15 (had a copy of Crusin' USA that was I better shape than mine)

Dreamcast without cables or a controller - $5 (I need a backup, plus it's a launch unit so I thought that was cool)

I know this isn't gaming but this is sooooo cool.

A 33cc Gas Scooter with a half tank of gas - $30

I can hit about 40mph on the thing and it's bone stock.

Great day today, hit the usually no-good Salvation Army just for the heck of it and walked away with a Game Boy color (teal) and Hexcite, Solitaire, and Pokemon silver for $10. Boxed Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego (includes a brand new, untouched encyclopedia and original styrofoam inserts) for $3.50. And finally, the best of all, a PS2 network adapters, new in the packaging, for $7.50. $7.50! I couldn't believe it, this place usually has insane eBay-style pricing on stuff like that.

I also got four pound of pluots for $4 at the farmer's market. All told, a good morning!

I've currently got my eyes on one of those network adapters, too. If it had had the hard disk, I would have grabbed the whole unit right then. Without one, though, it was a bit pricey at $50.

I've currently got my eyes on one of those network adapters, too. If it had had the hard disk, I would have grabbed the whole unit right then. Without one, though, it was a bit pricey at $50.

Those are $14,99 any day of the week at Gamestop....I got my hard drive and FFXI kit on ebay for $10 too, so I'm online with the hard drive in a fatty for less than $30

Passed on an N64 with a couple games and 4 controllers for $15

I probably would have grabbed that.....

I definitely would have grabbed that assuming it was in good condition. I saw two N64s today at the flea market but didn't even bother asking how much because I didn't like the condition that they were in. I also passed on a NES with all hookups and a zapper, a teal colored original style Game Boy, and a 4-switch woody with hookups. I wasn't interested in any of it so I didn't bother asking about prices. I was hoping to find a Game Gear but no luck. I might go to a different flea market tomorrow but I'm feeling pretty lazy right now.

I did purchase the following today, though:

I got the following games for 95 cents each:

SMS Great Baseball complete

SMS Great Football boxed

SMS Great Golf Complete

SMS My Hero complete

GEN Arch Rivals complete

SAT Virtua Fighter Not for Resale version complete

NES Paperboy loose

The SMS games all had cases in perfect condition, including hang tabs. They're crappy games, but they're serving a purpose here.

And for $3 I picked up:

NES World Games loose

I also picked up 3 cables for $2 total. They are a 5 pin din to 5 pin din cable, s-video to s-video cable w/ gold plated connectors, and a stereo RCA audio cable with gold plated connectors. I will be using these to make 2 Atari 800XL s-video/composite cables. One for me to use and the other to sell.

Chris

post-4103-1250401115_thumb.jpg

I was at a few stores today and picked these up:

PS1 Star Ocean: The Second Story for $11.99 (paid cash so plus tax)

XBOX The Guy Game for $13 (had trade, no tax)

PS3 Clive Barker's Jericho for $7.99 (paid cash so plus tax)

I want to give Jericho a try as I am new to the PS3 and the price was within my budget. I have no idea if it is horrible or just old or why it was 8 bucks but I'll find out. The XBOX game is straight up for sale or trade because I had trade to use and didn't see anything I wanted, thought it may be worth more. I am undecided of what to do with Star Ocean, I think I may keep it as my brother loved the second one on PS2 but he is so back-logged with games that I may end up trading/selling that one. This one is in pretty nice shape too, they all are but for a 2-disc PS1 game, I was surprised and pleased with Star Ocean.

I also overpaid on a blu-ray that I bought with trade so I didn't care too much, never would I pay this much cash but anyway, I got The Prestige on blu-ray in very nice shape for $13.

Wowsers, pretty good resale on that gameboy lot for 10 bucks man, especially if you mean the Solitaire Fun Pak with the 12 games or whatever and Pokemon Silver would go well with the system. Very nice finds phaxda whether they are keepers or to flip.

;)

Those are $14,99 any day of the week at Gamestop....I got my hard drive and FFXI kit on ebay for $10 too, so I'm online with the hard drive in a fatty for less than $30

Dumb question but I'm good with my slim PS2 for online, right? I have never even went online with a PS2 in my life, my first introduction was the DS, then the Wii and finally the PS3. I believe the network adapter thing is included in the new PS2's, right?

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

The Gameboy games are staying in my (modest) collection for now, but the Solitaire was the Fun Pak version with all the different games on it--I had no idea it was worth a little cash. Nice. I am going to sell the system (I already have one just like it) and the network adapter. I too have a slim, and it works great online. I just bought it to flip because at one point I wanted a Dreamcast net adapter and was searching on eBay--sometimes the PS2 ones would show up in my search and I was surprised at how much they cost.

Wowsers, pretty good resale on that gameboy lot for 10 bucks man, especially if you mean the Solitaire Fun Pak with the 12 games or whatever and Pokemon Silver would go well with the system. Very nice finds phaxda whether they are keepers or to flip.

;)

Edited by phaxda

Dumb question but I'm good with my slim PS2 for online, right? I have never even went online with a PS2 in my life, my first introduction was the DS, then the Wii and finally the PS3. I believe the network adapter thing is included in the new PS2's, right?

No you need the setup disc.

No you need the setup disc.

If you don't have the setup disc, I could loan you mine. It takes a few minutes to get online, but once you have the setup, it just saves on the memory card. I tried it out with SOCOM II last night. couldn't believe that there were like 500 players online at that moment....for that one PS2 game.....

I've been online without the PS2 setup disc. I did it with a Game Shark.

The network adapter contains an IDE controller which runs the hard disk in the box PS2. IMO that is probably its greatest feature, as one could rip their games to a hard disk and reduce load times.