IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Bumper crop today. Wow.

X-box - already modded with larger hard drive built in (I spotted the mod switches stsicking out of the thing) having trouble getting it to work, but worth the risk - $15

2x SNES junior systems with controllers and Super Game Boy - $12

2600 carts (30 cents each)

California Games

Front Line

Wall Ball (first Avalon Hill game I've found in the wild in almost 20 years... and it's a 7!)

Crackpots

common-ish for trading: Qbert, Donkey Kong, Defender, Berzerk, Pac-Man, Human Cannonball, Missile Command, Seaquest, Starmaster, Skiiing, Keystone Kapers, Frostbite, Kaboom!, Robot Tank, Freeway, Sky Jinks, Laser Blast, Dolphin

Genesis - Larussa Baseball (it was part of the bundle)

Game Boy Camera (my fave GB thing ever!), printer, fresh paper, magnifier, - $3

34x Playstation magazine demo discs - $12 (I don't have to omany games for PS2, now I can try out some demos!)

Syphon Filter PS1 disc 1 - found by my car in the parking lot...

Edited by gulag picture radio

$20 for a Sega Master System with one controller, in the box at one of the thrifts that normally isn't all that good to me. This is an incredible find at any thrift, though.

Nice, I haven't seen a SMS at a thrift in years. I passed on one a couple of years ago for some reason and regretted it ever since. I still don't have one today.

That X-box I got a few days ago is even better than I could have imagined. Initially it wasn't working, but I opened 'er up and jiggled some wires. and gave it a cleaning. It was definitely somewhere humid because the inner shielding is rusted. Not only is there an Xecuter 2 chip inside, but the prior owner had replaced the hard drive with a much bigger one, as well as replacing the DVD-rom with one that I hope is nicer for playing burned media.

When I fired it up, i found it had nine emulators already installed, tons of retro games on the hard drive, and about 60 pre-installed x-box games too. It's even got some very early version of Media Center, set up to play networked movies from the owner's PC. This was clearly a guy because not only is one of these movie directories marked as pr0n, but in his copy of Dead Or Alive Beach Volleyball, all the girls are somehow nude. Wow. This is one of those guys that give the rest of us gamers a bad name. ;)

Edited by gulag picture radio

$15 for all this

post-22364-125338167291_thumb.jpg

Nice deal on the SMS by the way.

Where do you get this stuff?

I want ye pot of gamin gold!

I just go to garage sales. They also had a boxed N64 but it was completely FUBAR so I just offered $15 for the games. I actually just sold them to Play-N-Trade with the exception of Diddy Kong Racing and Destruction Derby 64 as I already had them all.

Oh I also picked up Blast Corps for the N64 and Sonic Heroes for the Xbox for $2 each.

Where was the yard sale in question? I went to a few today on the Island, but didn't run into any video games, though I picked up a nice 27" Toshiba CRT TV for $20, which looks great with my VCS and INTV.

(The Toshiba has replaced my old no-name brand TV, kindly given to me by a former roommate, which has turned into Cookie Monster on a bad day, i.e. blue, fuzzy, and a bit dim.)

I went to a rummage sale at the local Elks Club. They had about 2 dozen X-Box games ( think mostly sports games), and a bunch of Guitar Hero games. I think I saw Guitar Hero World Tour for the PS3 for $15.

I then went to the local Salvation Army thrift store. They had some SNES, NES, Game Gear and Genesis carts, but were all sports games. I saw one cart each for the Atari 5200 and TI-99/4A, but didn't look at the names because I didn't have the systems. There was 3 SMS games, 2 of them needed the SMS sports pad (which I don't have), the other was F-16 Fighting Falcon (don't have an original SMS).

I saw at least 20 Atari 2600 games for 99 cents each. I bought:

Berzerk

Cosmic Ark

Kaboom!

Dragster

Space Invaders.

I didn't buy much, but I am happy.

Where was the yard sale in question? I went to a few today on the Island, but didn't run into any video games, though I picked up a nice 27" Toshiba CRT TV for $20, which looks great with my VCS and INTV.

(The Toshiba has replaced my old no-name brand TV, kindly given to me by a former roommate, which has turned into Cookie Monster on a bad day, i.e. blue, fuzzy, and a bit dim.)

East Islip. Right off Carleton ave.

Not too much this weekend.

One sale had some Gamecube games:

Star Wars Rouge Squadron III $3

Spyro Enter the Dragon $2

Pac-Man Fever $2

Pac-Man Vs / Pac-Man Word $2

Gameboy Color game Lufia: The Legend Returns - still brand new in shrinkwrap for only $1! Probably going to try to sell this one, not my thing really.

Complete in box Atari 2600 Star Wars : The Empire Strikes Back for only $2.00, not usually a box collector but it will go nice in my Star Wars collection.

Edited by SRGilbert

yesterday at Gamestop, a guy was trying to trade in some Xbox games, but apparently they don't take those anymore, so I offered him $5 for what he had...

all complete as well.

Simpson's Hit and Run (kids will like this for Christmas)

Hitman Contracts

Manhunt

Tiger Woods 07

Championship Bowling

then scored a nice clean N64 with memory expansion, 2 controllers (one purple), all cables, and a Nascar 2000 and Elmo game for $15...craigslist deal.

Today my girlfriend came home with a complete SNES she found at Value Village for 13 bucks. Only came with RF, but not a bad find in my book. I've heard you can swap out the composite cables from an N64 or Gamecube - can anyone confirm this?

Yup - they're all the same video cable. I'm looking for some mydself as I'll ne selling soem SNES units soon.

Today I got a Pokemon branded/colored Game Boy Color for $4, Xbox steering wheel for 1.80 (probably went with that awesome modded xbox I got there last week), 2 boxed Game Gear games for a buck each (Chessmaster and SOnic Chaos).

Coolest thing for me is that I got a Bakelite box made for carrying View-Masters, and it had a 30 or so classic scenic reels in there. 4 bucks! Also got a Rokenbok set which is like a remote controlled construction toy that sort of interfaces with Lego and stuff. I know I should give it to some kid, but it's fun for adults too. This set was another 4 bucks (originally cost well over a hundred!).

I love the thrifts. It's like my birhtday every time I go. ;)

That's a good one! I found a boxed SMS, maybe a year and a half ago and sold it to a nice member here!

$20 for a Sega Master System with one controller, in the box at one of the thrifts that normally isn't all that good to me. This is an incredible find at any thrift, though.

Nice, I haven't seen a SMS at a thrift in years. I passed on one a couple of years ago for some reason and regretted it ever since. I still don't have one today.

That's a good one! I found a boxed SMS, maybe a year and a half ago and sold it to a nice member here!

Well, I would have bought it for myself anyway, but I have a friend who was interested, and I already have a Power Base Converter, so I'm happy knowing it's gone to a good home. :)