IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

went to Bullmoose Records this morning, looking for an Xbox game, because Gamestop no longer carries them.

the game I wanted was too much money, so I checked out their retro game section, and came across a couple of jewels.

Toe Jam & Earl, loose, $3.00

and (this one's kind of exciting, because I've never seen it)

Complete, black label, Einhander......$8

Damn. I got a boxed TurboGrafx16 for $15 at goodwill but then I found out that the cable wire plug on the side was broken off =(

If he takes the box, I'd be glad to take the broken TG16 off your hands.

PM me.

I'm sorry everybody but I already took it back to goodwill (like an idiot). I probably could have sold it more for parts or repair.

Damn. I got a boxed TurboGrafx16 for $15 at goodwill but then I found out that the cable wire plug on the side was broken off =(

PM me.

I'm sorry everybody but I already took it back to goodwill (like an idiot). I probably could have sold it more for parts or repair.

Damn, I was hoping to have a fun fix-up project.....

ON TO THE FINDS!

Gota couple of 8 track tapes, nothing special.

A promotional print of art from Legend of zelda phantom hourglass. Still shrink rapped, print number 30,358 (if I remember correctly) out of 50,000. I got it for a buck (technically it was .78)

I passed on a Pacman lunchbox, it was 7.00. To be honest, I wanted it pretty badly, but I passed because it was dirty as hell. Stupid Salvation Army, and their lack of their ability to clean things! Another stupid thing from the SA, a NES with no games, for $50! They seem to put that price on every game system they get. The really stupid thing is that they actually sell! :o

PM me.

ON TO THE FINDS!

A promotional print of art from Legend of zelda phantom hourglass. Still shrink rapped, print number 30,358 (if I remember correctly) out of 50,000. I got it for a buck (technically it was .78)

I passed on a Pacman lunchbox, it was 7.00. To be honest, I wanted it pretty badly, but I passed because it was dirty as hell. Stupid Salvation Army, and their lack of their ability to clean things! Another stupid thing from the SA, a NES with no games, for $50! They seem to put that price on every game system they get. The really stupid thing is that they actually sell! :o

How is the sound quality of 8 tracks compared to cassettes?

PM me.

ON TO THE FINDS!

How is the sound quality of 8 tracks compared to cassettes?

Much better. I actually prefer 8 tracks to cassettes, but their so damn bulky and finding a player that works seems almost impossible. Not to mention there is no way to change songs other than changing the program setting. No way to rewind either, the tape just loops.

I'm actually considering tranfering my starpath games to 8 track, it seems to represent the late 70's and early 80's better than cassettes. :thumbsup:

There was an indoor yard sale for a charity called "Computers for Kids" which advertised vintage video games so I went there and I gotta say, if I was a Commodore collector I'd be in heaven. Dozens of 64's, 128,s and Vic-20's. Some boxed. There was a boxed Amiga (not sure which one) and a boxed Atari ST. There was also an Adam setup, a whole whack of old Mac stuff, but I didn't have lots of money and those aren't items that really interested me anyway.

I did get a boxed Color Computer 2, a little yellowed, with the cassette player, manuals, hookups.

Also picked up a Commodore 1702 monitor (they had about 5 or 6 of these) and a boxed Astroblast for the 2600 and boxed River Rescue for the Vic-20.

Everything was $30.

I'll probably go back next week to see what else I can snag.

There was an indoor yard sale for a charity called "Computers for Kids" which advertised vintage video games so I went there and I gotta say, if I was a Commodore collector I'd be in heaven. Dozens of 64's, 128,s and Vic-20's. Some boxed. There was a boxed Amiga (not sure which one) and a boxed Atari ST. There was also an Adam setup, a whole whack of old Mac stuff, but I didn't have lots of money and those aren't items that really interested me anyway.

I did get a boxed Color Computer 2, a little yellowed, with the cassette player, manuals, hookups.

Also picked up a Commodore 1702 monitor (they had about 5 or 6 of these) and a boxed Astroblast for the 2600 and boxed River Rescue for the Vic-20.

Everything was $30.

Hey can you tell me how much Amigas are when you go back?

Everything was $30.

Hey can you tell me how much Amigas are when you go back?

Will do Stich :)

Edited by AtariLeaf

went to Bullmoose Records this morning, looking for an Xbox game, because Gamestop no longer carries them.

the game I wanted was too much money, so I checked out their retro game section, and came across a couple of jewels.

Toe Jam & Earl, loose, $3.00

and (this one's kind of exciting, because I've never seen it)

Complete, black label, Einhander......$8

That's a great find for the Einhander game. Great shooter.

Found a few things at a few garage sales this weekend:

Black label Metal Gear Solid - $1

Working NES with 2 controllers, Zapper gun, all cables, and six games (Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, Mario Bros 3, Tetris, Castlevania 2, Godzilla and some other game) - $5

I'm in an area where you almost never find interesting things at thrifts, but here are two nuggest from this weekend:

The Good:

An Atari Flashback 2 for $14. Ok, that's not so great, but the kicker was that instead of the standard joysticks it came with two Epyx 500XJs in perfect condition! I loved (and lost) mine, so I was very happy to pick this up.

The Hilariously Bad:

Noticed a loose N64 with a couple of common games in a thrift store. The price? Just $259.99! I guess I don't need to go back to that store anymore. :(

(and no, I didn't buy it :))

Edited by Midnight Synergy

I'm in an area where you almost never find interesting things at thrifts, but here are two nuggest from this weekend:

The Good:

An Atari Flashback 2 for $14. Ok, that's not so great, but the kicker was that instead of the standard joysticks it came with two Epyx 500XJs in perfect condition! I loved (and lost) mine, so I was very happy to pick this up.

The Hilariously Bad:

Noticed a loose N64 with a couple of common games in a thrift store. The price? Just $259.99! I guess I don't need to go back to that store anymore. :(

LOL I think they moved a decimal too far to the left.

The Good:

The Hilariously Bad:

Dont you mean right :ponder:

The Good:

The Hilariously Bad:

Dont you mean right :ponder:

:sad: :x

NIce Goodwill score today....and I left a lot behind to appease the gods of karma....

Sonic 3 and Sonic 3d Blast for Genesis, $1.99 apiece, loose.

then the following NES games at .99 apiece, also loose

Mega Man 2

Mega Man 3

Mega Man 6

Startropics

Ghosts n Goblins

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden 2

Super Mario 2

Life Force

Donkey Kong Classics.