IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

NIce Goodwill score today....and I left a lot behind to appease the gods of karma....

Sonic 3 and Sonic 3d Blast for Genesis, $1.99 apiece, loose.

then the following NES games at .99 apiece, also loose

Mega Man 2

Mega Man 3

Mega Man 6

Startropics

Ghosts n Goblins

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden 2

Super Mario 2

Life Force

Donkey Kong Classics.

Wow great NES scores. Just a word of advice. 99% of the time you find NES games in the wild, they are loose. I have only found 1 CIB and it was all torn up.

NIce Goodwill score today....and I left a lot behind to appease the gods of karma....

Mega Man 2

Mega Man 3

Mega Man 6

Startropics

Ghosts n Goblins

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden 2

Super Mario 2

Life Force

Donkey Kong Classics.

Wow great NES scores. Just a word of advice. 99% of the time you find NES games in the wild, they are loose. I have only found 1 CIB and it was all torn up.

I've never seen boxed ones in the wild...i'd be all over them if so....

also I forgot to mention the NES advantage stick (heavy bugger) for $1.99

Mega Man 2

Mega Man 3

Mega Man 6

Startropics

Ghosts n Goblins

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden 2

Super Mario 2

Life Force

Donkey Kong Classics.

You must not be very lucky, for over the summer I bought a mint CIB Duck Hunt and a mint CIB Little Nemo for $3 each.

Edited by brandondwright

Mega Man 2

Mega Man 3

Mega Man 6

Startropics

Ghosts n Goblins

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden 2

Super Mario 2

Life Force

Donkey Kong Classics.

You must not be very lucky, for over the summer I bought a mint CIB Duck Hunt and a mint CIB Little Nemo for $3 each.

Your area must be pretty good. The Play-N-Trade near me has tons of CIB NES games but that's not really "in the wild" as that's what they specialize in. Every time I find an NES game though, it always has a sleeve and the manual.

Mega Man 2

Mega Man 3

Mega Man 6

Startropics

Ghosts n Goblins

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden 2

Super Mario 2

Life Force

Donkey Kong Classics.

Your area must be pretty good. The Play-N-Trade near me has tons of CIB NES games but that's not really "in the wild" as that's what they specialize in. Every time I find an NES game though, it always has a sleeve and the manual.

Not really. I live in some dinky town of about 25,000, the last time I saw anything NES related was in months, and for atari stuff its been years. My family happens to travel a lot, and they are okay with stopping by Pawn shops and flea markets along the way. I do consider myself lucky.

Sunday at a thrift store I found two junk Genesis carts priced at $4, but the last day of that color being half price. That made them a buck each, so I bought them for their shells. Gotta get cracking on my coding already...

And just now I found:

* NES Metroid w/box $1.50 (I didn't have the box)

* NES Last Action Hero w/Box $1.50 (I didn't have the box or cart)

* NES Yoshi $1.50 (already had it, oh well)

* A "pirate" tape of random Star Wars stuff like Troops, Hardware Wars, etc.

* Princess Bride 20th Anniversary edition widescreen, still shrinkwrapped, $1.50 (I think)

Once I did happen across a giant lot of boxed NES games, they were gorgeous too. Almost like new. I picked up 30-40 games that day complete. Keep meaning to get them up on the auction block one of these days since boxed anything in NES seems a bit rare. Be sad to see 'em go - they look cool on the shelf. ;)

Good scores today:

- PS1 - 75 cents each

Activision Atari 2600 classic games

Big Race USA

Crash Bandicoot 2

- TI - 40 cents ea.

tombstone city

munch man

beginning grammar

addition adn subtraction

household budget management (2x)

Famiclone, really tiny one with upright cart slot & two tiny controllers - $1.80

Game Cube console, purple with Pokemon wrap - $2.80 (last week it was in a bag for $25 with power supply and PS1 controller...)

also cool was a Mini Disc player & wrist strap for $4, along with a Dell DJ 20 gig mp3 player for $2.50. It's a good day to like retro tech. ;)

Not much today.

I got:

WW2 surplus jacket: $2

Godzilla vs Mothra $3.50

N64 memory enhancer thing (its red dammit, and I dont know what to call it): $3

I got the "N64 memory enhancer thing" merely a day after trading about $5 of games to my brother for it. To say the least, I'm pissed off. But then again, being pissed off is better than being pissed on.

One of my favorite pawnshops did the idiotic today. They converted to ebay prices. Yep. I dont get to go there often, since its in another town. Once, NES games were all $3 each. Now, they are all indiviually marked, non as low as $6. One loose NES game was $60. Their justification was it was going for $70 on ebay. They must have hunted long and hard to find an aution like that. GB games were $15 each (nothing rare). Finally, the last travesty, $8 for Pacman on the 5200.

Red thingy=expansion pak, though I prefer calling it "the red thingy" myself.:)

Found today:

1 working Game Gear, no games for $8.

I forgot how big & cumbersome the damn things are! I coulda sworn they weren't that big. Maybe I picked up an earlier model today or something. Or maybe I'm just slowly losing my mind.

Also found 4 unopened TI 99 games but I didn't buy 'em because I don't know a thing about them.

Edited by Smatchmo

I paid $40 for this package. It probably isn't the best deal ever but I'm happy with it. I wanted a second 400 and I didn't have Defender. I also thought that that the Invitation to Programming was pretty neat although I doubt if I'll risk popping it into that 410. The other cassette is a Hockey game from Gamma Software and the vinyl cover is in great shape.

post-24783-125642617593_thumb.jpg

Not much today.

I got:

WW2 surplus jacket: $2

Godzilla vs Mothra $3.50

N64 memory enhancer thing (its red dammit, and I dont know what to call it): $3

I got the "N64 memory enhancer thing" merely a day after trading about $5 of games to my brother for it. To say the least, I'm pissed off. But then again, being pissed off is better than being pissed on.

One of my favorite pawnshops did the idiotic today. They converted to ebay prices. Yep. I dont get to go there often, since its in another town. Once, NES games were all $3 each. Now, they are all indiviually marked, non as low as $6. One loose NES game was $60. Their justification was it was going for $70 on ebay. They must have hunted long and hard to find an aution like that. GB games were $15 each (nothing rare). Finally, the last travesty, $8 for Pacman on the 5200.

Even with the trade, not a bad price for the red thingy. I still see it go for $15 in the classic shops around here.

Red thingy=expansion pak, though I prefer calling it "the red thingy" myself.:)

Thanks for correcting me. Ever since the age of 8 I've always called it the "red enhancer thing". An odd thing for an 8 year old to call it, but the name stuck :P

Went to 3 Goodwills yesterday and made some vids of what I got. :)

All of that for $30 in the second video? Have you tested any of it yet?

Most of the Goodwills around here, IF they have anything pretty much go by fleabay prices here.

Yep all for $30. :D Only saw the PS2 tested with a scratched up DVD movie and it was showing "disc read error". Haven't had the time to test the systems but I'm guessing most of them work! We shall see. Even if none of them work, $30 is a steal imo.

Honestly I think 99% of the people pricing stuff at Goodwill are clueless as to what games are going for on the internet. Seems like they are usually way underpriced or way overpriced. :)

Ever since the age of 8 I've always called it the "red enhancer thing".

See, that wouldnt work for me, since I was 6 when you were 8, and I had a Super Nintendo...

I remeber calling the Super Game Boy, the Magic Converter...

Yeah, I dont know either :P

Got something at Goodwill, just a 3$ CD rack, where I will keep my Sega Saturn and Dreamcast games from now on...

how come my goodwills never have any good stuff? Only videogaming item I got there was a Pokemon pinball a month ago

Edited by Frizo

Yesterday I got a boxed Sega Saturn with no A/V Cable with World Series Baseball, a 6 button circular controller and a SuperPad 8 for $25. I'm still not absolutely completely sure that it works but I plugged it in and turned it on. The light turned on and the CD spun so I bought it.

Update on my $30 haul of systems. The PS2 powers on and gives you the main menu screen, but insert a game or movie dvd and it doesn't load it. The Gamecube powers on and takes you to the main menu screen, but again like the PS2. game won't boot. BUT both N64's and the Super Nintendo work! :D

Update on my $30 haul of systems. The PS2 powers on and gives you the main menu screen, but insert a game or movie dvd and it doesn't load it.

Is it a "fat" PS2? Google for "ps2 white gear". While this won't help a truly crapped-out drive, and it's a pain in the butt to take the unit apart (especially to avoid pulling out cables that you shouldn't), it may in fact fix it.