IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

NES Camerica Freedom Connection

On my 13th birthday we searched every store in the area to find one of these because the box claimed to work with the Atari 7800. After finding one at the very end of the day at a sears it was devastating as only the single button worked (2600 mode) if I knew then what I do now, I could have easily fixed this and had wireless 7800 back in the early 90s.

AX

Snagged the following:

Pilotwings CIB - snes - $3

NFL Blitz - N64 - $2

Minty CX-40 joystick with that ball add on thing - 2600 - $1

E-reader (My second one! Comes with pinball pre-installed. PM me if anyone wants it Not any more, the axman got it) - GBA - $1

post-23072-126558138742_thumb.jpg

Edited by brandondwright

OK, this is getting weird. Two weeks in a row, it's Sega time! I bought ANOTHER complete Genesis system for $5 and it was awesome because it was from a thrift store I have dealt with before and the guy recognized me when I brought up the bare console and said "oh, let me get you all the games and stuff." And on top of that he gave me his employee discount because I paid cash(?). Very weird but good transaction. No great games and the case for Street Fighter II had Spiderman in it, but who am I to complain? So one Sega find two weeks in a row was crazy enough, but then I stopped by what looked to be a pretty beat yard sale and what did they have? A Sega CD/Genny system and TEN CD games for $10. This is the second week in a row I have bought Sega CD stuff and it's just so odd. When I got home, my wife saw those distinctive blue long boxes and said "MORE?! Are you kidding me?" Not kidding.

I also received one of the grimiest system lots ever from eBay, but the included systems cleaned up nice and there were a couple sweet rarities in there.

I got my best hit in a long time from a goodwill. A sack of 24 genesis games and a game genie for $10. I didn't think games were sold by the sack anymore. Best part about the lot is that there are no sports games and no doubles. Really a pretty good selection of genesis games too.

dsc0018wo.th.jpg

noteworthy titles for those not clicking:

buck rogers

vectorman

sonic collection

cool spot

maximum carnage

Edited by Reaperman

I got my best hit in a long time from a goodwill. A sack of 24 genesis games and a game genie for $10. I didn't think games were sold by the sack anymore. Best part about the lot is that there are no sports games and no doubles. Really a pretty good selection of genesis games in general.

dsc0018wo.th.jpg

buck rogers

vectorman

sonic collection

cool spot

maximum carnage

Sweet!

I just got home from my local Salvation Army with an Atari Flashback 2 console for $5. Works perfectly. :)

Anyone know if there's a way to get back to the main menu without turning it off/on? And why are the controller ports mounted upside down? :)

My local Salvation Army has had this one Flashback 2 for months. No one buys it because they're charging $25.00 for it, and it doesn't even have any controllers. :thumbsdown:

Edited by 4Ks

Nope. Gotta turn it off just like a real Atari :)

Damn... well thanks. :)

My local Salvation Army has had this one Flashback 2 for months. No one buys it because they're charging $25.00 for it, and it doesn't even have any controllers. :thumbsdown:

Sorry but that's a tad insane. Anyone enlighten them on the retail price and how they're actually beating it? :D

Sorry but that's a tad insane. Anyone enlighten them on the retail price and how they're actually beating it? :D

No, but I just might. :)

Those would easily go for $3-$4 a piece at any goodwills around here. Nice score.

I got my best hit in a long time from a goodwill. A sack of 24 genesis games and a game genie for $10. I didn't think games were sold by the sack anymore. Best part about the lot is that there are no sports games and no doubles. Really a pretty good selection of genesis games in general.

buck rogers

vectorman

sonic collection

cool spot

maximum carnage

Sweet!

Got another load today, all for $14:

Inty:

Nova Blast (text label)

Space Hawk (color label)

Space Battle (color)

Space Armada (color)

Mystery Intellivision game

2600:

Keystone Kapers

Chopper Command

Space Jockey

Color labels for 2600:

Air-Sea Battle

Asteroids

Berzerk

Defender

Dodge 'Em

Football

Haunted House

Home Run

Missile Command (all caps)

Pac-Man

Sky Diver

Space Invaders

Yars' Revenge

Silver labels:

Jungle Hunt

Pole Position

I'm keeping Air-Sea Battle, Dodge 'Em, Nova Blast, Space Hawk, and the mystery cart. Everything else is going first to Vintage Stock and what doesn't sell will go back to thrift.

This was weird. I found a pair of PS2 slim consoles, 2 Dual Shock 2's, a video cable and power supply for $7.50. I had no idea those things were so small! They both share a problem. When you turn the console on, the power light flickers green for an instant and then shuts down. Poking around on the net there is a known set of resistor and fuses to check. not looking forward to that as it must surface mounted stuff that I've never been really succesful soldering.

Oh well... for $7.50 it was worth the risk. ;) I also got Call of Duty 2 and the DVD of High School Musical (who cares?) in the consoles, so again... not a bad deal overall.

This was weird. I found a pair of PS2 slim consoles, 2 Dual Shock 2's, a video cable and power supply for $7.50. I had no idea those things were so small! They both share a problem. When you turn the console on, the power light flickers green for an instant and then shuts down. Poking around on the net there is a known set of resistor and fuses to check. not looking forward to that as it must surface mounted stuff that I've never been really succesful soldering.

Oh well... for $7.50 it was worth the risk. ;) I also got Call of Duty 2 and the DVD of High School Musical (who cares?) in the consoles, so again... not a bad deal overall.

It's not the best idea but you can bridge the resister in question that is acting as a fuse with a bead of solder... then they should work unless you have another surge and it kills them... worth it if you just want to play them for $7.50.

AX

Got a mint condition Atari XE with the Light Gun, official controller, keyboard and a copy of Barnyard Blaster for a trade of a Saturn and 3 controllers.The Saturn only cost me $25 so it was a good deal overall. I also hit up the local thrift shop and found yet another gaming item buried in the board games. A Digital Diamond handheld baseball game.

Got a mint condition Atari XE with the Light Gun, official controller, keyboard and a copy of Barnyard Blaster for a trade of a Saturn and 3 controllers.The Saturn only cost me $25 so it was a good deal overall. I also hit up the local thrift shop and found yet another gaming item buried in the board games. A Digital Diamond handheld baseball game.

Thats a great feeling isn't it? Finding something valuable you know you can flip for something you want. I've done that a few times. It's great! :D