IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Picked up my son this morning and hit up a few yard sales at his request since he had $5 burning a hole in his pocket. On our last stop we found a lady with a couple of games, a turbo pad and a/c adapter for an SNES but no actual console. She sold him the stuff for $3 so now we just have to find him a working Super Nintendo. The problem is they're not easy to find around here. Other than PNT, I've sen them at flea markets for $50-$60 and I'm not droppin' that much coin for a filthy, yellowed game deck. Play N Trade did have a couple for $30, but sold them all (at %75 off) during their going out o' business sale last week. So now we sit back and play the waiting game. I'm thankful my kid has enough patience to wait it out, though. He's not like I was at that age. I'd have been flippin' the hell out over having games for a system, but no actual system to play them on. :lol:

A lot of yardsales in the paper and listed on Kijiji but the crappy weather must have changed a lot of minds. Hit a few but nothing worth buying so I stopped at a place in the county that I go to occasionally which sells video games and picked up an SNES R-Type III for $5 and two 2600 games for $3 each. Thats my third K-Tel Vision find locally in the last 6 months and have spent a grand total of $12 on all 3 combined. Too bad about the Spacemaster X-7 label but beggers can't be choosers I guess :D

post-2493-127152696558_thumb.jpg

Not a bad weekend so far, was out of town and got to hit some places I don't usually get to see.

2600 games $2.00 each

Fast Food

Spider-man

Code Breaker

Chase

Cookie Monster Munch

Slot Racers

Steeplechase

also

Star Control (loose) for Sega Genesis $4.99

Dreamcast controller clean, perfect shape $1.00

Genesis 6-button also $1.00

And a weird find that I started it's own post about:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161657-mystery-arcade-joystick-for-original-xbox/

Please read it and help me solve the mystery!

It's a really nice but mysterious arcade fighter stick for the original Xbox. Got it for $20 and it seems to work great, just gotta figure out the button mappings!

post-12780-127154075358_thumb.jpg

Today was cool, picked up Guitar Hero World Tour for PS2 for $10 and Star Wars Return of the Jedi for Atari 2600 for $5 at a yard sale.

Then at a flea market /antique store I was walking around and spotted a Vectrex system box! Sure enough, it was a complete Vectrex unit with 2 CIB games, Scramble and Blitz! Action Football. The system has everything except the styrofoam blocks. The manual, Minestorm overlay, warrenty card, ect are all there. Box is in really nice shape too! And the system is great too, better than the one I already had. Got it for $89 so I was pretty happy. Not cheap, but more than a fair price. icon_smile.gif

post-12780-12716272926_thumb.jpg

post-12780-127162730068_thumb.jpg

Today was cool, picked up Guitar Hero World Tour for PS2 for $10 and Star Wars Return of the Jedi for Atari 2600 for $5 at a yard sale.

Then at a flea market /antique store I was walking around and spotted a Vectrex system box! Sure enough, it was a complete Vectrex unit with 2 CIB games, Scramble and Blitz! Action Football. The system has everything except the styrofoam blocks. The manual, Minestorm overlay, warrenty card, ect are all there. Box is in really nice shape too! And the system is great too, better than the one I already had. Got it for $89 so I was pretty happy. Not cheap, but more than a fair price. icon_smile.gif

That's cool as hell! I've never even heard of Vectrex before. Time to hit up Google.

These are my come-ups from yesterdays yard sales. I went to the Swap this morning but haven't sorted it all out yet. I will get those goodies up so I can share with my friends the finds I was fortunate to find and without the bragging part, I love seeing the deals people get here and want to share mine, most of the time I can part with things so look back at my other and current threads today and let me know if you see something.

The DVD deals were out of this world, luckily my wife was an aquaintace of the seller which was unplanned and that helped me out big-time! The discs on the the CD's and DVD's are very excellent to above average, the Cube and PS2 games aren't all complete and the discs are pretty good but certainly not perfect! But you can't beat 50 cents each on these DVDs, CD's and Games (even the big DVD sets were 50 cents!

post-4103-127162874999_thumb.jpg post-4103-127162877212_thumb.jpg

post-4103-12716287582_thumb.jpgpost-4103-127162877812_thumb.jpg

.50 cents each - for all pictured DVD's, CD's, PS2 and Cube games with the exception of:

$2 for Smashing Pumpkins, it was new and a 2 disc set

$5 - Game Gear System with case and five games

$1 each - for the Zippo Lighters, one for me, one for a friend and in nice shape, look never used!

$2 - Weird Super Nintendo controller (Prograpad or something but has display)

$1 - Official Sony PS2 power cord

$5 - Uncharted Drake's Fortune Strategy Guide

$12 - on six miscellaneous DVD's for the family collection like:

10,000 BC

RV

Click

The Village

The Ladykillers

The Squid and the Whale which I really like but I may have weird taste, check it out, at least on Netfix or something to see stars, reviews and all that.

Hit a few fleas and thrifts this weekend and did pretty good.

I found:

Atari 5200:

Countermeasure $2.50

Realsports Football $2.50

NES:

The Battle of Olympus $3.00

Game Cube:

Metroid Prime $1.00

X-box 360:

Assassin's Creed $5.00

Sega Saturn:

Fighting Vipers $1.00

PS-2:

Final Fantasy XII $0 (Found in system when bought)

Coleco Steering Wheel $5.00

PS-2 Fat system, complete $20.00

PS-2 Fat System, power cord only $5.00

Pretty good haul for a cold Ohio weekend.

I'm pretty happy with this entire weekend. These are my come-ups from this morning's Swap Meet, I was there for about 6 hours and it was hot! I may be parting with some of this so let me know if anything catches your eye. Trade lists welcome!

post-4103-127164115642_thumb.jpg post-4103-127164116219_thumb.jpg post-4103-127164117111_thumb.jpg

post-4103-127164117724_thumb.jpgpost-4103-12716411822_thumb.jpg post-4103-127164118901_thumb.jpg

post-4103-127164119531_thumb.jpg

$5 for all Five NES (carts only)

$5 GC Spyro Heroe's Tail (Complete and Nice)

$10 GC Star Wars Jedi Outcast: Jedi Knight II (Complete and in Amazing Condition!)

$3 SNES Sim Earth (cart only)

$3 SNES Wings 2: Aces High (cart only)

$8 N64 Mario Party 1 (cart only) - I paid too much but want this one for my collection, kids love it!

$8 for the other four N64 (carts only)

$5 NDS Nintendogs (cart only)

$1 NEO GEO Pocket Sonic the Hedgehog

$2 Genesis Game Genie

$15 for all 10 Genesis (carts only) BUT...check out the Batman and the Sonic, they are weird imports or pirates or something, thought they were interesting!

$5 for Four Strategy Guide's: Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot 2, Donkey Kong 64

$2 for Both Strategy Guide's: Metal Gear Solid VR Missions and Silent Hill Origins

$1 Strategy Guide for Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence

$17 Tele-Games 2600 System with two nice looking controllers, a power cord that I don't know if it really goes with it or will even work since I haven't tested yet and...oddly enough, it came with 7800 Centipede. - not the best deal perhaps but I don't see 2600 anything around very much lately. The power cord says "Videocaster" and "Gemini" and it does fit in the system. We'll see. Any info if this cord came with it?

$10 N64 System with the Expansion Pak installed, all original Nintendo cords and One Nice Looking Nintendo-Brand Controller

$3 Harry Potter Audio Book on 20 CD's

$2 Some sort of coins, I looked into it a bit and it's from the 70's and may have silver from what I can see on ebay. The other little coin came with it.

$2 Older Lionel Freight Carrier for a train (Major Leauge Baseball)

$0.50 Collector's Guide to Antique Radios

$13 for Nine CD's which sounds like a lot but I wanted to have a few on my Ipod and I got a 2-Disc Disney Fantasia Soundtrack, a 2-Disc Les Miserables Cast Recording and more...a couple for me include Jane's Addiction, Danzing, Rancid.

:thumbsup: $2 Shadowlands DVD which is out-of-print and goes around $40 on ebay **GOOD ONE AND I FOUND TWO!**

:thumbsup: $4 Shadowlands DVD, I can't believe I found another but more than I normally spend on a DVD unless it's this one!

$35 for the 21 remaining DVD's shown which includes those TV series sets! (about $1.67 each)

Yeah, you should be pretty happy, that's a nice looking Vectrex. I've never owned the box but had a few back in the late 90s, early 2000s when I lived back east. People had a bunch of old Atari and other stuff where I lived in PA. $89, well, they did know what they had unlike you may find at a yard sale or something but still a very fair price. Congrats on that one!

Sorry I keep posting but I keep finding stuff. I took just a little of the trade that I'm going to have from this weekend's finds (mainly just CD's tonight). The trade was fair, so I looked around. To my excitement, they had a few more NES games and other goodies. After trade, I walked away with paying just a few dollars out of pocket.

post-4103-127166294631_thumb.jpg

Beauty and the Beast is sealed and the carts are in nice shape, some manuals better than others but not bad.

Now that my 600XL that I found at Helping Hands is fixed, got to test the two Parker Bros. carts that were missing labels. One is Frogger (so it's a second copy), the other was Super Cobra.

Almost double the value of what I paid in the lot effectively.. not bad. *goes to try to fix RF modulator*

Nothing game specific, but I found a 17" widescreen LCD monitor. It bore a sticker saying "not work", which bore out. Though the power light doees come on, so I risked the $5. I have a friend who fixes these, so maybe I can fix it up, or he can use it for parts.

Oh, and since we talk about he 80's an awful lot here, I found a comforter that someone had sewn 80's t-shirts onto. It's pretty great. Several for local sports teams (Cubs, if you must know... ;) ), but there were other 80's things like EMpire Strikes Back, Bigfoot 4x4 truck... more crazy stuff like that!

Still only seeing Sega Genesis games and consoles and the same amount for N64 stuff,tons of N64 consoles at the thrift shops around here.I'm hoping folks will donate lots of 400/800,2600,7800,INTV,CV stuff during the ole spring cleanup season which is starting right about now! :thumbsup: :lust:

Edited by Rik

Yeah, you should be pretty happy, that's a nice looking Vectrex. I've never owned the box but had a few back in the late 90s, early 2000s when I lived back east. People had a bunch of old Atari and other stuff where I lived in PA. $89, well, they did know what they had unlike you may find at a yard sale or something but still a very fair price. Congrats on that one!

Thanks, it's only the second one I've ever seen in the wild like that. The other one was loose, no games, dirty and the stick was missing the top, and they wanted $75! My other Vec came from eBay a couple of years ago, system, 8 games, no overylays though, for about $80 shipped. I'm thrilled to have the Minestorm overlay, it really makes it complete for me.

Pawn shop had an Intellivision and these boxed games all CIB with overlays for $49:

AD&D

AD&D Treasure of Tarmin

Dracula

Demon Attack

Atlantis

Beauty and the Beast

Microsurgeon

Carnival

Donkey Kong

Pitfall

Burgertime

Night Stalker

Astrosmash

Space Armada

Auto Racing

Skiing

Triple Action

Lock N Chase

Poker & Blackjack

NFL Football

and a loose Tron Deadly Discs. :)

Edited by AtariLeaf

past weeks finds off craigs list:

super nintendo with all hookups and 6 games:

mario world

super mario all stars

donkey kong country

donkey kong country 2 diddy kongs quest

alien 3

indiana jones

$20

xbox 360 with hdd, wireless controller, halo 3, gears of war 2 $100

Gta4 xbox 360 $10

call of duty world at war 1st 1 $5.00

Little pac man wind up from 80's $1

broken ps2 7 games, controller memory card $5

Edited by Dusk2600

Nothing too spectacular. I was at a pawn shop and found the following games (loose unless otherwise noted)

NES ($4 ea.)

Alien Syndrome (unlic. cart)

Captain Planet

Deja Vu

Intruder

Jeopardy Junior Edition

Palamedes

Mission: Impossible

Ms. Pac-Man (unlic. cart)

Operation Wolf

Silver Surfer

The Hunt for Red OCtober

Tennis

Wurm Journey to the Center of the Earth

SNES ($4 ea.)

Judge Dredd

NHL Stanley Cup

N64 ($4)

Turok

Genesis ($2 ea.)

Madden '95 [CIB]

NHL Hockey [CIB]

Super Baseball 2020

Sub Terrania

Evander Hollyfield Boxing

Mario Andretti Racing

World Series Baseball

I also picked up a UForce (NES accessory) for $5. It's just the unit as I couldn't find the fire triggers or the T-bar. I haven't tested it because it's VERY VERY dusty on the outside.

Next month I'll be going to the local flea market and see what's there. I'll post finds and hopefully next time they'll be worth bragging about :):):):)

Picked up a Sega Genesis Model 2 at the thrift today. I only had a Model 1 in the past, and I far prefer this smaller Model 2. The power jack is a little ..well, jacked, but it works fine with a clothespin for now.

That SNES looks clean (unyellowed). Certainly worth $7, even just for the nice case. I'd have snapped up that Sega CD unit too... especially if the store has a return policy. Goodwill (at least here) now does, so test it and you can return in 10 days if it doesn't work. A Genesis with CD has to be worth more than $10, doesn't it?

I passed on these but if anyone wants it. LMK asap.

4 switcher 9.69

dreamcast $4

3 genesis 1 has a segacd. $4-10.

SNES $7

All systems were bare(no power or video hookups). I passed because I already have these systems and the needed hookups.

Could use the sega CD broken or not for parts.

AX

(PS Your PM Box isn't working)

That SNES looks clean (unyellowed). Certainly worth $7, even just for the nice case. I'd have snapped up that Sega CD unit too... especially if the store has a return policy. Goodwill (at least here) now does, so test it and you can return in 10 days if it doesn't work. A Genesis with CD has to be worth more than $10, doesn't it?

Indeed. To find an SNES around here is rare, finding one that isn't yellow is getting to be "boxed air raid" rare. :D