IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Not video game related but I did find a Pocket Simon CIB. Tested it out and everything works, the game looks as though it was barely touched. For $1 it was quite a find.

I also picked up the Cheers board game. My wife and I enjoy the show so we figured we'd take a chance on it for $1. It's never been played. The game pieces are still in plastic, none of the chips have been popped out of the cardboard. It still smells new. I can't believe whoever bought it even bothered to take the seal off of it.

Not video game related but I did find a Pocket Simon CIB. Tested it out and everything works, the game looks as though it was barely touched. For $1 it was quite a find.

A Pocket Simon! That's great! I've never even seen one of those in real life, fantastic find! I still need to get a Simon and a Merlin (though I do have a CIB Mr. Wizard which is basically same as Simon).

I have a decent-sized collection of '80s board games (all in some way related to a video game, even if it was just a show that became a video game). I've never seen a Cheers board game either (or video game for that matter).

A Pocket Simon! That's great! I've never even seen one of those in real life, fantastic find! I still need to get a Simon and a Merlin (though I do have a CIB Mr. Wizard which is basically same as Simon).

I have a decent-sized collection of '80s board games (all in some way related to a video game, even if it was just a show that became a video game). I've never seen a Cheers board game either (or video game for that matter).

I have one of those Wizards. No box though, which is weird since my Dad always insisted on keeping the boxes around to put things away in. I loved playing that thing but I do remember it draining batteries so I always plugged it in.

Board games is something my wife likes to collect. Whenever we go to a thrift store we look at the games to see if there's something worth getting. Before we got Cheers we picked up Trump the Game. That too was never played, nothing was opened or broken up.

I'm heading up by my parents on Memorial Day to get my Pac-Man board game and to see if there's anything else I've forgotten about. The box is really beat up but I played it a lot as a kid. At least all the parts are still there. I'm pretty sure I have some Transformers and He-Man action figures as well as my complete Voltron (lions) and the miniatures of lion and vehicle Voltrons.

While at Big Lots yesterday with my mother, I noticed a Goodwill next door and went over to see if they had anything. For lack of their will to untangle a nest of cords, I had the good fortune to by a Saturn Controller, Street Fighter 2 Anni. Ken PS2 control, Dreamcast controller, 2 N64 controllers, a Hyperscan controller, A Naki 3do controller, A leapster, a microsoft fight stick, two alarm clocks, and MANY other items in one rats nest of cords for the low price of $9.99.

AX

At a garage sale on Saturday, I picked up the following Playstation One games:

Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase

The Flintstones Bedrock Bowling

Both were complete and cost $1 each.

I passed on Frogger and Tetris for the Playstation. They were complete and $1 each.

Went back to favorite sweet spot and grabbed alla this for $30.

015.jpg

(More games underneath unit)

No rare carts, only common & scarce, but most have manuals (including the 2600 itself) and there are quite a few holes in my collection that'll be filled thanks to this. I also didn't have a pair of paddles or a case like this one, so I'm very happy with it.

(tested= :thumbsup:)

Sock wasn't included.

Edited by Smatchmo

Went back to favorite sweet spot and grabbed alla this for $30.

015.jpg

(More games underneath unit)

No rare carts, only common & scarce, but most have manuals (including the 2600 itself) and there are quite a few holes in my collection that'll be filled thanks to this. I also didn't have a pair of paddles or a case like this one, so I'm very happy with it.

(tested= :thumbsup:)

Sock wasn't included.

Nice find on the Imagic Game Center there. Is the lid with it, and intact?

My find for the weekend was an original fully functioning xbox with 3 controllers ant the necesary power and a/v cable - $10. XBMC on xbox #2 here we go! :-)

Awesome! I've got five xboxes that I bought for $5-20 each scattered around the apartment for XBMC. Adore it. The one in my arcade cab is also set up to do a bunch of MAME & emulation stuff. Fun! Congrats. I'm looking forward to my next place so I can get something a little bigger, and add a few more xboxes. ;)

post-4103-127475072986_thumb.jpg

I hit the Swap Meet yesterday and picked up a few things. Some to trade or sell while others to keep which is why I paid more than I usually would. If you see anything you're interested in, let me know. I'm keeping Wii Sports Resort and Mario Party 2 for sure....amybe Up but I don't know yet)

$5 - SATURN Panzer Dragoon (Complete)

$9 - THREE DVD SETS Doogie Howser M.D. ($3 each and these are out-of-print)

$20 - Wii Sports Resort in Nice, Complete Condition with Motion Sensor (Bought for the family)

$5 - PS2 Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (Complete)

$5 - XBOX Cabela's Alaskan Adventures (Missing Booklet)

$5 - BLU-RAY John Mayer Live in Los Angeles

$5 - BLU-RAY Talladega Nights

$10 - PS3 Up (Complete)

$8 - FOUR GENESIS GAMES: 6-Pack, Chuck Rock II, Arcase Classics and Frogger (All Complete)

$1 - SEGA DREAMCAST Seventh Cross Evolution (Complete)

$5 - PS1 Valkyrie Profile (Complete)

$4 - TWO N64 GAMES: Goldeneye 007 and Star Wars Episode I Racer ($2 each)

$10 - N64 Mario Party 2 (Spent too much but it's for the family collection)

Seems like every other Saturday it's rained or was supposed to rain so this summer has been pretty weak.

A few highlights though:

Guitar Hero Aerosmith - $5

A vintage and mostly CIB Epoch Galaxy II vfd game for $20, it's a sweet Galaxian type game and is in perfect shape. I stole this pic, but it's just like it.

galaxy2_box_f.jpg

I also found a Donkey Kong Country toy pinball machine that I can't seem to find ANY information on. I gotta take a pic to see if anyone has seen it before. It's in decent shape and was only 2 bucks.

Other than a buttload of cheap $1 CD's for the collection, it's been pretty dead. Speaking of CD's, now seems to be a great time to get them cheap. I think there are a lot of people that are just ripping their CD collections and selling them off. Hey, at a buck each, it's way better than just downloading them, plus I control the rips and still have the disc.

post-3233-127475671503_thumb.jpg

The Complete Video Warrior and The Adventures of Q*bert-$.55 each at a thrift. TCVW gives hints for Asteroids, Battlezone, Berzerk, Centipede, Defender, Frogger, Galaxian, Gorf, Missile Command, Pac-Man, Phoenix, Red Baron, Scramble, Space Invaders and Star Castle. And according to the Q*bert book, "66$$#" translates to "Whew, that was a close one." while "%#!!%X" means "I know I am brave, I will triumph!"

Space Griffon VF-9-$2.99 at Goodwill.

PS1 Speed Racer-$1 at a flea market.

Interesting few days of thrifting:

Xbox Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2, sans manual: $5

Atari 2600 Riddle of the Sphinx: $1.50

Sega Genesis Sangokushi III pirate cart: $3

Sega Genesis Tetris pirate card: $3

Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were Rabbit: $3

The Sangokushi cart is in the original Japanese, not the English translation, so I'm not sure I'll actually be able to play it, but it and the Tetris are interesting curiousities, these have to be the first pirate carts I've encountered 'in the wild'.

post-8107-127475986271_thumb.jpg

I went back to yesterday's thrift to get this one... the store only takes cash, I was low on that, and unwilling to risk the on-site ATM, and I had to see what it was anyway:

Genesis Master of Monsters. $3. Loose.

I also discovered a recently discovered good game store has opened their second location within a stone's throw of the particular thrift, too.

post-8107-127483327447_thumb.jpg

I went back to yesterday's thrift to get this one... the store only takes cash, I was low on that, and unwilling to risk the on-site ATM, and I had to see what it was anyway:

Genesis Master of Monsters. $3. Loose.

I also discovered a recently discovered good game store has opened their second location within a stone's throw of the particular thrift, too.

Nice find. :thumbsup:

Last weekend the only thing I found at a yard sale was a jungle green N64 with its companion controller and hookups and a horrible wrestling game for $7

A few SNES games for $5 each - Space Invaders, Super R-Type, DK Country. Then at a local retro store I used my store credit to get Super Bonk, Choplifter III, and Tetris/Dr. Mario so basically got those free. I picked up some other SNES games in the past week but I forget what they are and am too lazy to go back and check.

I haven't found much lately but I did come across two of those plug 'n play handhelds... the first was a Namco Arcade joystick and the other was a tiny Sega Genesis with Street Fighter II' and Ghouls 'n Ghosts. The final price? A dollar for both. Not too shabby! They also had an LCD computer monitor for five dollars, but I was low on cash and passed up on the deal. A bad call on my part, I'm sure.