Haze for the PS3

Donkey Kong 64, boxed

Star Fox 64, boxed with rumble pack

Castlevania 64, boxed

Zelda: Ocarina of Time, boxed

All for $18

My god that's a good deal.

I hit the jackpot again today!

Found 2 PS games, Parasite Eve and Marvel Super Heroes both for $1 each!

OMG!

:x AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I ran into "sumguy" this morning. My sumguy was an 80 year old woman who walked off with a box and a bag of atari and NES games for $10 :x

She did leave behind the light sixer with 3 common games and a boxed vic 20 with some games which I bought for $10 for both. I'm consoling myself that my box seemed to have a bunch of atari game manuals and none of the games were anything beyond a 2 or 3 rarity and all games that I had but still . . . SUMGUY!!

What does an 80 year old woman, and I'm not kidding, this old bag could barely carry the box, want with Atari and NES games? I guess I'll be checking ebay outta my area in the next couple of days.

DAMMIT!!!! :x

Edited by AtariLeaf

I ran into "sumguy" this morning. My sumguy was an 80 year old woman who walked off with a box and a bag of atari and NES games for $10 :x

She did leave behind the light sixer with 3 common games and a boxed vic 20 with some games which I bought for $10 for both. I'm consoling myself that my box seemed to have a bunch of atari game manuals and none of the games were anything beyond a 2 or 3 rarity and all games that I had but still . . . SUMGUY!!

What does an 80 year old woman, and I'm not kidding, this old bag could barely carry the box, want with Atari and NES games? I guess I'll be checking ebay outta my area in the next couple of days.

That there was the oldest bag I'd ever seen.

The sack full of games was fairly old too. :D

AX

That there was the oldest bag I'd ever seen.

The sack full of games was fairly old too. :D

AX

:D This was the first time I'd actually watched "sumguy" with my own eyes. I've had a couple of times where I was told they had an atari or something like that and sold it half an hour ago but this was the first time I'd seen "sumguy" and the fact that it was this frail little old lady floored me. Why wasn't she buying some old cracked china or wicker crap instead of my games?

:D This was the first time I'd actually watched "sumguy" with my own eyes. I've had a couple of times where I was told they had an atari or something like that and sold it half an hour ago but this was the first time I'd seen "sumguy" and the fact that it was this frail little old lady floored me. Why wasn't she buying some old cracked china or wicker crap instead of my games?

Wouldn't that be Sumgal?

It was probably just crap you already had; Combat, Pac-Man, Space Invaders and so on. A boxed Vic-20 for basically $5 ($10/2?) was probably a better deal anyway if it's working and nice. They're getting way harder to find than 2600's are. Still, so sorry for your loss! :(

Wouldn't that be Sumgal?

It was probably just crap you already had; Combat, Pac-Man, Space Invaders and so on. A boxed Vic-20 for basically $5 ($10/2?) was probably a better deal anyway if it's working and nice. They're getting way harder to find than 2600's are. Still, so sorry for your loss! :(

Thanks for your support. :) The vic 20 works ok, just seems to take a few seconds after hitting the power switch for the unit to turn on, like a really old radio or something. Weird.

Wouldn't that be Sumgal?

Thanks for your support. :) The vic 20 works ok, just seems to take a few seconds after hitting the power switch for the unit to turn on, like a really old radio or something. Weird.

elderly-people-this-is-the-guy-i-was-talking-about-I-just-took-the-games-right-out-from-under-him-lolololololo.jpg

Anyway I walked away with 2 SNES games for $5 today. Super Mario All-stars and Castlevania IV

• Like 2

While not epic finds, at a local swap meet I got Klax for the NES, Half Life 2 for the Xbox and Gottlieb Pinball Collection for the PS2 for $9 total.

Crazy busy there, probably missed some stuff, I'll have to try there again real soon. (If anything, for another porkchop on a stick!)

Picked up a boxed DC keyboard for $5. Fair deal, I thought, but I got it home and looked at it and discovered someone put a random computer keyboard in a DC keyboard box.

So basically I paid $5 for a DC keyboard box. :|

I'll take it back to the junk store Tuesday, explain what happened and see if sumguy hid the real DC keyboard somewhere in the store.

Edited by Smatchmo

Picked up a boxed DC keyboard for $5. Fair deal, I thought, but I got it home and looked at it and discovered someone put a random computer keyboard in a DC keyboard box.

I'll take it back to the junk store Tuesday, explain what happened and see if sumguy hid the real DC keyboard somewhere in the store.

A local game store in my area has been known to break DC keyboards for enjoyment. Upon hearing that news I told them I'd PAY $1 for them if not broken in the future. I have not been over since... If I pick up a few feel free to have one for the price of shipping. It's near a collage. Those wacky kids like to break stuff for no good reason.

AX

Literally a few seconds, or just like 1.5 or maybe 2 seconds? All of mine are like that too, they're not quite instant-on. My original one was like that back in the day too. Seems to be a bit slower to start than any of my C64's ever have been. Not saying there's nothing wrong with yours, it's hard to really tell from this distance, but that doesn't sound entirely abnormal.

Literally a few seconds, or just like 1.5 or maybe 2 seconds? All of mine are like that too, they're not quite instant-on. My original one was like that back in the day too. Seems to be a bit slower to start than any of my C64's ever have been. Not saying there's nothing wrong with yours, it's hard to really tell from this distance, but that doesn't sound entirely abnormal.

Yea a couple of seconds. Like it needs to warm up or something. Seems to work fine once on :)

Wouldn't that be Sumgal?

elderly-people-this-is-the-guy-i-was-talking-about-I-just-took-the-games-right-out-from-under-him-lolololololo.jpg

Anyway I walked away with 2 SNES games for $5 today. Super Mario All-stars and Castlevania IV

The one on the far left, that's her!!! Man, now they're LOL'ing me :(

I feel your pain Atarileaf. This woman who owns an anime/cardshop/videogame store at the flea market took a bunch of systems when I was trying to deal with the guy on a boxed NES. I said I'd pay $25 for the boxed NES alone, he refused. The woman offered him $45 for the entire lot (boxed NES, loose SNES, 4 N64s, bunch of controllers) and he said yes.... Now they've been sitting in her store for over a year since they're beyond overpriced.

Oh yea, if you want to sell that jungle green N64, let me know :) . And axe, I have some games with your name on them :D (that is, if you forgive me for that last batch of items. Once again, sorry about that)

I managed to find an interesting thing today. A Commodore SX-64 Executive computer for only $10. To my surprise it worked when I first tested it. They also had a commodore 1702 monitor for $16, but right now my commodore section is full

A working SX-64 for $10!!!? That's a steal! I've wanted one of those for a very long time. Good job. A working 1702 for $16 is a steal also, but of course, if you don't need it, then no price is good.

A local game store in my area has been known to break DC keyboards for enjoyment. Upon hearing that news I told them I'd PAY $1 for them if not broken in the future. I have not been over since... If I pick up a few feel free to have one for the price of shipping. It's near a collage. Those wacky kids like to break stuff for no good reason.

AX

Thanks for the offer but luckily I don't need it. I went back a few hours later and I found the keyboard, explained to the owner and we swapped keyboards.

Glad I went back too because I grabbed an SNES in very good condition (no controllers, ac, some discoloration but looks a tad better than the average one you'd find out & about), a woodgrain 4switcher (all hookups, 1 controller) and a Kraft 2600 controller just like this one (too lazy to take pics but i found one online):

kraft.jpg

all for $20 (tax included).

I have 2 vader 2600s and I love the look but the newness of the woodgrain 4switch 2600 is captivating me at the moment. Guess I may as well start collecting 2600 models.

The Kraft controller is odd. I'm diggin the 4-way (up, down, left, right) and 8 way switches on the bottom. Can't wait to try it out later tonight :)

edit: Kraft controller is called a Maze Master.

Edited by Smatchmo

Nice finds for a lot of guys this weekend it seems! Not too much game related for me, but I did pick up a few cool and/or usefull things.

Game related:

A very nice non-yellow SNES with 2 controllers and Spawn: The Video Game for $5.00

Pristine copy of Duke Nukem: Time To Kill for PS1 for $1.00 (been looking for this one.)

Other stuff

A Sony 9" Trinitron portable TV for $13 - this little thing is great! It even has AV inputs in the back and works like a charm. Was missing remote but still a steal considering these were over $300 back in 1998! This will be perfect, sometimes I sell systems on CL, and people always want to test them out. Now I don't have to lug my 13" TV out to the garage to hook it up for them.

89cbc060ada0b5831868b110.L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

At the same sale I also picked up a Winegard DA-1411 TV system amplifier. Not even sure what I'll use it for, but it was brand new in box and was only $2!

A few Star Trek collectibles: A TNG Pfaltzgraff mug, a TNG metal serving tray, and a few figures - all for $3.00

Best deal today (but not very exciting) picked up a lightly used Scott's lawn drop spreader for only $7.00, retails for $70 and I needed one, so cool for me. icon_smile.gif

I got Mega Man Anniversary Collection for $8 yesterday (no box or manual, though). What's really remarkable about this game (for me, at least) is the fact that Mega Man 8 is undoubtably the best game in the whole collection. And I've heard people talk about how average MM8 is.

That old-lady picture made me laugh. Thanks. :)

Today was a nice run, not because I found any single jackpot, but because every store I went to had something to offer. Here are the highlights:

post-6115-127519086112_thumb.jpg

Everything ran from $1 to $4, with the 2600 cartridges going for a buck each. I left several more behind.

Two major hits today.

I was sumguy today for a minute, and then got passed over for sumguy, then became sumguy again.

Let me sum it up.

Big box of Coleco and Atari... perhaps 20 coleco and 15 Atari, several R4 and R5 in the mix. Pretty nice stuff. I made an offer on the whole thing. The seller asked if I was all done shopping, I said not yet, and he agreed to hold it back. Meanwhile while I was still looking at the box, a guy asked if he could look when I was done. I informed him I intended to buy the whole box. I then exclaimed that today I was "sumguy." The other sumguy uttered "asshole" under his breath. The seller after telling me he would set them aside, asked the sumguy what he was looking for, then let sumguy look through my "held" box. The sumguy was an idiot, and merely wanted "pong." He insisted it was worth $76 and he had been recently outbid on eBay. He went on further to say the other game he was searching for was the "$13,000 game" he saw on eBay. Alas, the sumguy PASSED and I got it all. He proceeded to pay $100 for an SMS with 8 games, like I said an idiot. So, $20 for the box of games and two advantage sticks. If I can get some of this sold off it will help my money crunch. Oddly I have everything already in my collection so it's a 100% pass it along deal.

The second hit at another place was some INTV games CIB (four of them for $2.99 each) Frogger, Carnival, SLAM DUNK, and DEMON ATTACK. These I'm keeping.

Yet another thrift had ... get this, loose 8-bit Pac-Man, Basic, Defender, all the commons... $10.99 EACH. Same store also has a 32" sony tube tv marked $279. I laughed my ass out of the store.

AX

Hit a flea market today and found a few things.

N64 Blast Corps

32X Metal Head

32X Virtual Fighter

32X Virtual Racing

Sega Genesis Sonic & Knuckles

CV Omega Race

2600 Crossbow

SMS Epyx 500xj joystick

NES Epyx 500xj joystick

All for $30

Also got an Xbox HD AV Pack for $3, and I actually needed one, so I'm happy!