IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

This isn't really a thrift store find but one of my daughter's friends came over. She had an original xbox, one controller, A/V hookup cable, Halo 2 disc, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, DDR Ultra Mix 2 with offical mat, and Fable The Lost Chapters, all three games complete in great shape. No power cord. Bought it for $20. Dug through some boxes and found a card and made an AC cord. Plugged it in and came right on and works perfectly! Been wanting one for years but waited for the right deal to come along and it did! Now to get more games.icon_razz.gif

Via Kijiji: 30 carts for $30 plus he delivered them and they came in an Atari 2600 junior box. Bonus! I think the Bounty Bob alone was worth it icon_mrgreen.gif

Man what saweeettt score. My eyes bugged out just looking at them! Congrats, Bounty Bob Strikes back usually goes for somewhere around $75. Very nice.icon_wink.gif

Thanks and yea I basically picked it up for the BBSB and Miner as well as the RS Football and Super Cobra that I didn't have. :)

So for the second Saturday in a row, the forcast was a 60% chance of rain and thunderstorms, and for the second Saturday in a row, it didn't rain a drop! icon_mad.gif Which I guess is okay since I do occasionally have to do some work around the house.

Only score this weekend was a Craigslist 2600 jr. lot. Dirtiest I'd seen in a while, lot of the games looked like they had water damage. Out of the 42 games included I did manage to get about 7 new games out of it , including:

Dare Diver (Sears Sky Diver - R5)

Plaque Attack (ironically, with only minor Acti-plaque!)

M.A.D. (standard case version)

Swordquest Fireworld (this was a label upgrade)

Eggomania (standard case version)

Fathom

Ramage (another R5, not too shabby!)

Fortunately, these 7 escaped most of the damage.

Also got a bunch of manuals, haven't gone throught them too closely yet, although I did find Ghostbusters, but the cart is missing! Everything came in one of those plastic organizers with the woodgrain and smoked plastic lid.

Also new to my collection, it came with 2 of these Kraft brand joysticks. Kinda cool, they have a switch on the bottom that changes it to a 4-way stick! Haven't tested them out yet, more of a curiousity than anything to me.

ATA26CON0119LX.gif

Oh, I got the whole set for $25, so not too bad.

1 block from my mothers condo again. Got a 22" Proview monitor with an HDMI and VGA ports (built Jan 2007) with two blown caps and I'm also going to swap the fuses, no cracks or scrapes in the screen $10. Same seller gave me two guncon2, an n64 with three controllers, two nes games, and four NES pads for another $10. Found them at 11am on a craigslist search for Atari. He said someone bought the 2600 with 100+ games an hour earlier. Description matched someone I know :mad: damn, someguy.

AX

Replaced the caps and fuses today, total cost of monitor $18 with parts and an hour of my time.

Here is my new screen:

proview.jpg

AX

I brought a bunch of books that I've had for ages to the local record store, they just started buying books and took almost everything I brought in. Over $100 credit which was very surprising, I was thinking like 30 bucks or something. Anwyay, with the trade, I picked this stuff up and not all was for resale. My son and I wanted most of this so while the prices weren't the greatest but when you have trade, it's not as bad.

post-4103-128108230346_thumb.jpg

9.99 - Wii Deer Drive (uses Zapper and I'm a sucker for games that use it)

17.99 - PS3 Little Big Planet, Game of the Year Edition (I've been wanting this for a while and was waiting for the Game of the Year edition at a reasonable price)

28.99 - PS3 Toy Story 3 (my son wanted this)

5.99 - DREAMCAST Sonic Adventure (for me)

3.99 - SNES U.N. Squadron (me again, I used to have this as a full-size arcade game)

6.99 - GBA Midnight Club (my son wanted this because he loves all the PS2 and the PS3 Midnight Club)

2.99 - GAMEGEAR Ms. Pac-Man (for my growing GG collection)

2.99 - GAMEGEAR Spider-Man Return of the Sinister Six (my GG collection)

1.99 - GAMEGEAR Arch Rivals (again, for my GG collection)

2.99 - CD Ramones "Mania"

I brought a bunch of books that I've had for ages to the local record store, they just stared buying books and took almost everything I brought in. Over $100 credit which was very surprising, I was thinking like 30 bucks or something. Anwyay, with the trade, I picked this stuff up and not all was for resale. My son and I wanted most of this so while the prices weren't the greatest but when you have trade, it's not as bad.

post-4103-128108230346_thumb.jpg

9.99 - Wii Deer Drive (uses Zapper and I'm a sucker for games that use it)

17.99 - PS3 Little Big Planet, Game of the Year Edition (I've been wanting this for a while and was waiting for the Game of the Year edition at a reasonable price)

28.99 - PS3 Toy Story 3 (my son wanted this)

5.99 - DREAMCAST Sonic Adventure (for me)

3.99 - SNES U.N. Squadron (me again, I used to have this as a full-size arcade game)

6.99 - GBA Midnight Club (my son wanted this because he loves all the PS2 and the PS3 Midnight Club)

2.99 - GAMEGEAR Ms. Pac-Man (for my growing GG collection)

2.99 - GAMEGEAR Spider-Man Return of the Sinister Six (my GG collection)

1.99 - GAMEGEAR Arch Rivals (again, for my GG collection)

2.99 - CD Ramones "Mania"

Congrats of the Ramones score. Sweet. Hey ho, lets go!

I only hit some 6 local yard sales and as usual nothing classic. I passed on the $30 XBox (original) with no cords or controllers but it had the best nail polish paint job ever. :roll:

But I still feel like I scored. :)

I bought:

- PS3 Sacred 2 mint shape complete $5

- :lust: 8 Calvin and Hobbes books MINT MINT MINT for a total of $2. :lust:

I'm happy!

post-21025-128120043092_thumb.jpg

post-21025-128120059439_thumb.jpg

I'd be happy with the two Zellers, Motocross Racer and Gremlins.

What is that Parker Bros cart inbetween Kaboom and Motocross Racer?

Oh its just an Empire cart :)

BTW, I'm thinking of selling the Gremlins and two Zellers carts but I wanna test everything first. If I do, I'll post it in the for sale section

Nice score. I just came back from a 40 mile round trip to pick up zilch.

Probably coincidence, but the odd 7800 cart (usually Pole Position II) seems to make it into the lots I've run across.

Picked this lot up for $25 off a local Kijiji ad. There's one stand out title in the lot. Can you spot it?

Also, I've never seen a Wico Command control stick with a base that thick before.

Stopped at a yard sale today and snagged a Madcatz s-video/composite multi cable, a Pelican 5-way system selector, a Monster gold plated s-video cable & Super Mario All Stars for SNES all for a cool $2.

The Madcatz cable has no video from the yellow cable at all, but the s-video and L/R audio output are fine and the Pelican system selector is missing the a/c adapter. Is there a suitable replacement to be had for it? I've looked online all day and found absolutely nothing.