IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

That's a trigger I would definitely have pulled. I think those still sell for around $50. I'd love to have a backup toploader.

$15 is dirt cheap for a top loader. Go back and see if it's still there.

I went and picked it up.

post-7833-128356661093_thumb.jpg

I will keep it and maybe use it for trade bait. I forgot it was worth something, because I was disappointed this was so rough compared to the CIB one I missed. Also, I did not want my wife to get on my case with another system to collect for.

My thrift does not seem to have a collector coming on weekdays like me. That is why it was still there.

That's a trigger I would definitely have pulled. I think those still sell for around $50. I'd love to have a backup toploader.

$15 is dirt cheap for a top loader. Go back and see if it's still there.

I went and picked it up.

post-7833-128356661093_thumb.jpg

I will keep it and maybe use it for trade bait. I forgot it was worth something, because I was disappointed this was so rough compared to the CIB one I missed. Also, I did not want my wife to get on my case with another system to collect for.

My thrift does not seem to have a collector coming on weekdays like me. That is why it was still there.

Kick ass!

I did not know that the 4 score was hard to find. Around here, I rarely see NES systems. Funny thing is I have found more top loaders than toasters.

Back on topic, the 3 Gamegears (2 from Greg) I picked up through the years had bad capacitors. I opened them up and replaced the sound capacitors. They are now running near perfect. I had planned on using one of them to make a portable 2600, but not if they are working. The Gamegears cost me about $10 each on average.

Edited by Almost Rice

All this Laser Disk talk has made me break out Moving Pictures by RUSH on vinyl.

Now that's the way music was meant to be heard. :-)

Agreed! My neighbor moved a little while back and had a garage sale. I picked up a big pile of classic rock records ($0.50 each). Zeppelin, Santana, AC/DC, Steve Miller, ZZ Top, Mahogany Rush... all great stuff. No video games outside of a PC version of Leather Godesses of Phobos.

Any Zappa?

Think I got myself a pretty solid deal this morning at the local Swap Meet.

Atari 2600 games (loose)- Empire Strikes Back, Pitfall, Armor Ambush, Realsports Baseball

Atari 5200 games (loose)- Pac-Man, Ms.Pac-Man

Genesis game (loose)- Sonic 3D Blast

N64 game (loose)- Hexen

NES (loose)- Dr.Mario, Metal Gear, Turtles II The Arcade Game

Playstation- Street Fighter Alpha 3 (complete)

Dreamcast- NHL 2k, Sega GT, Sega Smash Pack Vol.1, Airforce Delta, Shadow Man, Fighting Force 2, Pen Pen TriIceLon (all complete) and Quake III Arenas loose

Actual retail price for the collection? $20.50

$23.50 if you include the porkchop-on-a-stick.

I went and picked it up.

Any chance you would want to make some money on that NES? If you ever feel like selling it, let me know.

I went to 4 garage sales today, here's what I found:

2 N64 Controllers, one gray, one clear purple (and cracked on the bottom): $1 each

1 25 game plug-n-play game controller: $1

laserdiscs for a dollar each, picked up E.T., Fantasia 50th Anniversary edition, and the original Star Wars trilogy

1 GBA, no battery cover, screen slightly scratched, but works great: $5

1 loose N64 game: Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: $1

2 loose GBA carts: $3 each, picked up Pokémon Emerald and Pokémon Leaf Green

Because of the new Pokémon games I got today, I bring back the Snorlax avatar!

My lucky streak came to an end, sadly. The only good find this weekend was an early PlayStation, model SCPH-1001, the one with both serial and parallel ports, plus actual RCA jacks for audio and video. Nice, but not like the scores I had been having.

Ah well. Next weekend!

My lucky streak came to an end, sadly. The only good find this weekend was an early PlayStation, model SCPH-1001, the one with both serial and parallel ports, plus actual RCA jacks for audio and video. Nice, but not like the scores I had been having.

Ah well. Next weekend!

Those are fairly hard to find and make amazing CD players. I wouldn't say it's the end. :P

Ah well. Next weekend!

Those are fairly hard to find and make amazing CD players. I wouldn't say it's the end. :P

I've been trying to sell one with 10 games on AA, CL, and ePay for 6 months for $30, and no one wants it.

AX

I know the seller was a bit low on feedback, but *nobody* fought me over this ebay auction for a sega genesis "controller lot". ;)

It looks like a MAS controller only upside down. I wonder what its story is.

Anyway, it went for under $15 shipped, and it looks like a pretty expensive item to mail.

I'd been eying up the parts to make a custom 1-button atari arcade-style controller for a good while, but now that I have this I really don't see much point in making my own.

b1berfgcwkkgrhqiokjeojm.jpg

I hit quite a few yard sales yesterday morning but not many video games to be found. On the way home, I stopped at the local used media store and picked up a few things. Here is what I ended up with:

post-4103-128368333955_thumb.jpg post-4103-128368334575_thumb.jpg

post-4103-12836833511_thumb.jpg

USED STORE

$12.99 - PS1 Castlevania Symphony of the Night (complete)

$11.99 - PS2 Silent Hill 3 (complete with soundtrack)

$1.99 - SATURN Nights Into Dreams

YARD SALES

$1.00 - GB Pokemon Gold

$0.50 - BOOK Curb Your Enthusiasm The Book

$1.00 - BOOK Seinfeld: The Totally Unauthorized Tribute

$0.25 - BOOK Grateful Dead Gear

$0.25 - BOOK Dark Star: An Oral Biography of Jerry Garcia

$20.00 - Six Bettie Page Books from the late '80s called THE BETTY PAGES (The seller would not budge on the price and I even got back in the car and drove away but I thought about it and just had to have them)

A very nice day of thrifting yesterday:

N64 Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: $5

N64 Rampage 2: Universal Tour: $2 (bought explicitely for 3-player Rampage without using a multitap dongle)

N64 Jetforce Gemini: $2

Turbografx16 TurboPad: $4

Turbografx16 TurboStick: $5 (still looks mint, only the plastic protection of the face has been removed, and smells storage funky)

post-8107-128369649922_thumb.jpg

A nice garage sale score today; a sweet 20" CRT TV for the game room. I keep finding deals on TVs, but this one is really the nuts for $10. Nice flat screen and RF, A/V and RGB hookups in the back, A/V hookup on the front and a/v outs in the back. This TV loves Atari - the best picture I have ever seen out of unmodded Jr. Hooked up the video output of the Atari image to my Atari-hating big screen and it is just as crystal-clear. I am super-effing happy.

Also hit the Goodwill, and got NES Batman and Nintendo Tetris for 1.99 each. Morgan

I know the seller was a bit low on feedback, but *nobody* fought me over this ebay auction for a sega genesis "controller lot". ;)

Anyway, it went for under $15 shipped, and it looks like a pretty expensive item to mail.

I'd been eying up the parts to make a custom 1-button atari arcade-style controller for a good while, but now that I have this I really don't see much point in making my own.

Really nice score!! Morgan

I know the seller was a bit low on feedback, but *nobody* fought me over this ebay auction for a sega genesis "controller lot". icon_wink.gif

That is sweet! If you are a 5200 guy, you need one of Prodos8's masterplay clones.

Edited by SRGilbert

Well, yesterday's yard sale listing looked pretty weak, so we decided to take a holiday this weekend. Instead, we made a little trip out of town and hit a buddy of mines game store. He's a good guy with reasonable prices so I like to give him a little business.

So I got:

SMS Rescue Mission boxed

SMS Double Dragon boxed

SMS Marksman Shooting & Trap Shooting loose

SNES Kirby's Avalanche loose

Kirby's Dream Course loose

Lynx Xenophobe

Lynx Krazy Ace Miniature Golf

1 Happs arcade fire button

2 vintage Tomy wind-up robots

got the whole lot in trade for one of my extra Virtual Boys with Mario Tennis. It needed a little work and he has a guy that does repairs, but I though it was a decent trade for both parties.

Well, yesterday's yard sale listing looked pretty weak, so we decided to take a holiday this weekend. Instead, we made a little trip out of town and hit a buddy of mines game store. He's a good guy with reasonable prices so I like to give him a little business.

So I got:

SMS Rescue Mission boxed

SMS Double Dragon boxed

SMS Marksman Shooting & Trap Shooting loose

SNES Kirby's Avalanche loose

Kirby's Dream Course loose

Lynx Xenophobe

Lynx Krazy Ace Miniature Golf

1 Happs arcade fire button

2 vintage Tomy wind-up robots

got the whole lot in trade for one of my extra Virtual Boys with Mario Tennis. It needed a little work and he has a guy that does repairs, but I though it was a decent trade for both parties.

Pics wanted on the Krazy Ace. If yours is NOT ceramic would trade mine plus stuff or funds to upgrade my cart.

AX

Pics wanted on the Krazy Ace. If yours is NOT ceramic would trade mine plus stuff or funds to upgrade my cart.

AX

It looks just like one in the Lynx section, except it has a black cover over the chip. Is the cover what you are refering to?

My buddy got it in a big lot of stuff, at first he thought it was a proto or something from the way they made them. It certainly does have that "prototype/ loaner" look to it!