IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Local thrift had a bag of sears text carts (18 for $6.99) when I asked about the system they said that it was broken. I begged the manager to sell it anyway. The girl in back had already sent it and the controllers to the crusher. It was a Sears unit, but I didn't see if it was a H6. :(

AX

AAAHHHHHH! :x

The following were via online trades, not thrift finds per se but I'll post it anyway

post-2493-128646834306_thumb.jpg

CIMG1588.jpg

CIMG1589.jpg

CIMG1590.jpg

Never expected to see that much imported goodness at once at a Goodwill in Manhattan Beach, CA. Pretty much all of the obis and other paperwork are included.

Thought the Fox Interactive sticker was interesting too, but that's the collector sickness talking. ;)

Saturn:

Blue Seed

Clockwork Knight-Pepperouchau no Daibouken Gekan

Elf wo Karu Monotachi

Galaxy Fraulein Yuna 3-Lightning Angel

Magic Carpet

Princess Maker 2

Riglord Saga

Saturn Bomberman Fight!!!

Sentimental Graffiti

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner

Slayers Royal

Tokimeki Memorial Forever With You

Vampire Hunter

Wizards Harmony

PlayStation:

Battle Athletess: Daiundoukai GTO

Front Mission Alternative

Hunter X Hunter-Maboroshi no Greed Island

Klaymen Klaymen

Pandora Project: The Logic Master

Parasite Eve II

R4 Ridge Racer Type 4

SaGa Frontier

Soul Edge

Spectral Force 2

Super Robot Wars Alpha

Taregoro: Tarepanda no Iru Nichijou

Um Jammer Lammy

Never expected to see that much imported goodness at once at a Goodwill in Manhattan Beach, CA. Pretty much all of the obis and other paperwork are included.

Holy cow, nice finds! I've actually found import games at thrifts before, but not that many!

Visited my favorite hunting spot and immediately came across a box with an NES Game Genie and idk how many manuals (well OVER 100); almost all the manuals came from a video store that had closed and have the store name stamped on the cover and/or inside, 95% of them are NES and their condition ranges from poor to very good.

073.jpg

I don't have a PS2 & don't really want one, but I like the hardback manual for Lunar (in between Little Samson & NGIII manual)

Highlights:

074.jpg

I asked how much and was expecting something like 50cents or $1 per manual which meant I'd have to cherrypick and leave some manuals behind, BUT he told me I could take the whole friggin box for the princely sum of 5 whole dollars.

Told him I'd buy it and continued looking.

2nd find- Sears Video Arcade, no AC.

076.jpg

$10.

I haven't tried it out yet but it's not a Game Gear, so I'm fairly optimistic that it will work. Even if it doesn't though, $15 is worth it for the manuals, alone.

Edited by Smatchmo

2600 MASH - $.99

2600 Congo Bongo $4.99

Intellivision AD&D - $.99

5200 Gyruss - $3.99

5200 Space Shuttle - $4.99

5200 Buck Rogers - $5.99

2600 Millipede - $3.99

2600 Carnival - $.99

Intellivision Zaxxon - $.99

2600 Word Zapper - $.99

7800 Asteroids - $.99

32X Shadow Squadron - $3.99

5200 Pengo -$2.99

I don't see too much interesting stuff in the wild any more, but there I was today in a thrift store fondling two large bags of 2600 carts (each with about 30 carts), trying to justify the $12.99 cost of each. Trying to ID the contents, one bag didn't seem too enticing so I moved to the other and found a Subterranea and a Miner 2049er. The Subterranea is a replacement candidate for my dead cart of that title, so that bag was going to go home with me. Looking at bag one again, I turned over a Berzerk Loaner Cartridge. That sealed the deal on bag one. :grin:

Also, there was a $2 2600 power supply and a Tron controller for 99 cents so I got those as well.

post-2739-128659575209_thumb.jpg

post-2739-128659580477_thumb.jpg

post-2739-128659591259_thumb.jpg

I don't see too much interesting stuff in the wild any more, but there I was today in a thrift store fondling two large bags of 2600 carts (each with about 30 carts), trying to justify the $12.99 cost of each. Trying to ID the contents, one bag didn't seem too enticing so I moved to the other and found a Subterranea and a Miner 2049er. The Subterranea is a replacement candidate for my dead cart of that title, so that bag was going to go home with me. Looking at bag one again, I turned over a Berzerk Loaner Cartridge. That sealed the deal on bag one. icon_biggrinwink.gif

Also, there was a $2 2600 power supply and a Tron controller for 99 cents so I got those as well.

Congrats on the great score. Wish I was that luck. Around where I live, nothing.

Well, I was at Goodwill today and I got my first 5200. I paid a bit too much for it I think. $34 for a two port console, two controllers and 7 games.

post-22224-12856225809_thumb.jpg

The controllers seem to be in really good working order (I cleaned them and they work great) as far as I can tell, which for finding in the wild is amazing. The system is really clean. It looks well taken care of. It still even has the plastic tape over the aluminum strip.

After playing Pacman for a bit, I'm amazed at how nice Pacman looks on the thing and how awful the controllers are.

The games are:

Blueprint

Gorf

Pacman

Pole Position

Realsports Baseball

Realsports Football

Super Breakout

My cousin had one of these as a kid. I'm going to be giving him a call in the next few days to see if he ever found it again. He did say I could have it about a year ago. From my 20 year old memories, I know they had a bunch of games I don't have, including Joust, Pitfall and Montezuma's Revenge among others. We'll see.

I'm not really interested in the 5200 but eh.

So, how badly did I overpay?

I don't think you did bad. Great score! and the controllers work? Wow, gre.at. Way to go

Picked up a loose Atari 800XL from craigslist for $12. The poor guy has had it up there for over a year. I though I might as well pick it up. While I don't really have an interest in 8-bit stuff, I might as well just pick it up for a measly $12. It's in beautiful shape BTW. No yellowing to be seen.

post-22364-128450343724_thumb.jpg

Nice score! Does it work? If so all the more great.

The Goodwills around me never have good stuff, so I was surprised today to score a C64 Direct-to-TV for $3!

Just saw a random joystick on the shelf, picked it up and noticed the C64 logo.

Had one corroded battery in it, cleaned it out, and it works perfectly.

Ironically, the common 2600 carts at that store are all priced at 4 or 5 bucks. Even Pac Man and E.T.

Great score on the C64 dtt!

Picked up a loose Atari 800XL from craigslist for $12. The poor guy has had it up there for over a year. I though I might as well pick it up. While I don't really have an interest in 8-bit stuff, I might as well just pick it up for a measly $12. It's in beautiful shape BTW. No yellowing to be seen.

post-22364-128450343724_thumb.jpg

Nice score! Does it work? If so all the more great.

Yeah. It has no problem reading the dirty Barnyard Blaster cart I have and I tested all the keys.

Picked these up in a local second hand store today. Everytime i go in there i feel like a kid in a sweet shop. Havent tried any of this yet but snagged the whole lot for £25, which i found pretty reasonable. One thing i have noticed reciently is that there seems to be alot of 7800 carts out in the wild around the UK and i hardly ever see 2600 carts in shops, occasionally i see them at boot fairs but there scarce.

post-3599-128664098653_thumb.jpg

Edited by thund3r

I don't see too much interesting stuff in the wild any more, but there I was today in a thrift store fondling two large bags of 2600 carts (each with about 30 carts), trying to justify the $12.99 cost of each. Trying to ID the contents, one bag didn't seem too enticing so I moved to the other and found a Subterranea and a Miner 2049er. The Subterranea is a replacement candidate for my dead cart of that title, so that bag was going to go home with me. Looking at bag one again, I turned over a Berzerk Loaner Cartridge. That sealed the deal on bag one. :grin:

Congrats on the loaner cartridge! :thumbsup:

The local thrift store moved and was having a grand reopening sale. Picked up a Gamecube (no games or controllers) a tiger baseball handheld, missile command, cyberia and tarzan for PS1 for $17. The gamecube did fire up so I hope it works well. Gonna stop at another thrift store and check for some games and a controller for it.

From 9am until 3:30pm, must have hit 30 sales and turned up the following:

Vintage Coleco Pac-man mini arcade machine, saw it sitting on a table with a $10 price tag on it, great shape so I picked it up. I was about to pay when the guy says "I got the box and manual for that right here." icon_mrgreen.gif Funny thing about it, I get it home and noticed someone had wired up a toggle switch on the side of it. Turn out it's a MUTE switch for the sound! I guess some handy dad was going bonkers from his kid playing it all the time! Still, heck of a deal for $10

One place had some PS1 goodies that I couldn't pass up.

Resident Evil Directors Cut - Complete $3

Vagrant Story - complete - $1

Suikoden - complete - $1

I don't play RPG's so I'll probably flip them or trade them. I should be able to do ok with those!

I saw but passed on some Genesis stuff, couple of different light guns for PS1/Saturn that goodwill wanted $10 each for (and I had at least one of each of them already.)

Man, summer's almost over and I feel like this just hasn't been a very good one collecting wise....

So yesterday I had to get out early on a Saturday morning to take a friend to the train station. Friday night while checking craigslist I found an estate/yard sale that said they had an NES and a Sega Genesis. So I figured as long as I was out I'd stop by. I was an hour late to the party. Walked around and couldn't locate either. I just assumed they had been sold already. I stopped at the front on the way out and asked the guy about the systems. He said "Oh yeah, I have those right here." He said if he put them in the ad he knew someone would come up and ask about them.

So we are looking through the plastic crate that he has everything thrown into. All I'm interested in is the NES. He had 9 games that were all boxed for the Genesis but I didn't see anything interesting there other than Road Rash II. As he's pulling everything out of the crate, I go to pick up the NES system...and the top half of it comes off. No big deal--it's just missing the screws from the bottom of the case. All of them. So he had all the hookups, 2 controllers, an orange zapper and 9 games with 7 dust covers, 3 of em nintendo branded. I asked him how much he wanted. He said "You tell me." I can play that game, so I said, $5. He told me he couldn't let it go for that price. I asked him if it worked. He said he didn't know so he plugged it up and the LED came on. To this guy that meant it works. He was trying to convince me the games were worth more than my offering price. Ok, but barely. It was mostly sports titles.

The guy was going to hook the system up to a tv, although I don't know where he was going to do that at as I didn't see one handy...but more people started filtering in and he was about to get busy so he says to me: "Ok, today I'm gonna let you win. I'll give it to you for $10." I told him ok and asked him to bag it up.

Got home. Cleaned the games. Hooked it up. And everything works like a champ.

Got these games in the lot:

Bases Loaded II

Tetris

Super Mario Bros/ Duck Hunt

WrestleMania (OH YEAH!) lol

Bill Elliot's Nascar Challenge

Tecmo Super Bowl

Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off-Road

Silent Service

post-11690-128675639228_thumb.jpg

Went to one of the local Drive-In fleas yesterday, probably the last weekend of the season.

Saw and passed on a lot of systems, X-box for $50, Intellivision for $20, NES for $30, etc. Decent prices but I have them. Was very tempted by a box of about 8 SNES and 2 NES consoles for $50, but no controllers or power supplies, and since he was selling systems I'm pretty sure they were parts units.

Got real excited when I saw a box with a Sega Dreamcast in it! Had the fishing reel, two controllers, steering wheel, and a cool gun controller. Guy said he wanted $5 for the box, JACKPOT!!! :lust:

But looking at the controllers they all were missing the joysticks on them or were broke somehow. :x

But the day was not a total loss. I scored a Sega Dreamcast keyboard complete in box for $4, and Iggy's Reckin' Balls for the N64 for $2.