IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Went to the a flea market with my son today. Right off the bat we found a few records and a super cheap Star Trek season one blu ray set. We walked around for a good 2 hours without finding anything game related. It was starting to look pretty bleak. Then, we found a box with a "Warlocks Games & Comics" bumper sticker on it underneath a table. Jackpot! Inside the box was a Jaguar CD unit, Blue Lightning disc, 2 Jag power cords and a loose copy of Cybermorph along with some kick-ass mid 90's Image comics. All bagged and boarded.

So now we're home, testing the Jag CD and it get's the red screen on every start up. We've cleaned the board contacts and the pins on the top - still nothing. I'm contemplating scrubbing the pins with very fine grit sandpaper or a green 3M pad. I've had success with cartridge games using this method so hopefully we'll have ourselves a working Jag CD in about an hour or two.

Nice find on the Jag CD. Did that include a Jaguar too? How much was the lot?

Nice find on the Jag CD. Did that include a Jaguar too? How much was the lot?

No console, controllers or anything else. We looked around and asked the guy behind the table about it, but he'd never even heard of a Jaguar before. He charged more for the comics then the gaming stuff so his ignorance is my good fortune. All in all we spent less than $60 on everything and that includes a few things my GF picked up as well. Not bad.

HUGE Intellivision find

Got a RadioShack Tandyvision One w/ manual for $65

Also got all of the following games for $1.95 each, all of them boxed, 95% mint and complete

Advanced Dunegons and Dragons (Mattel)

Armor Battle (Mattel and Intellivision)

Astrosmash (Mattel)

Auto Racing (Mattel)

Basketball (Mattel)

Baseball (Mattel and Intellivision)

Bowling (Mattel)

Bump 'n Jump (Intellivision)

Burger Time (Mattel, brown box)

Carnival

Checkers (Mattel)

Commando

The Dreadnought Factor

Football (Mattel)

Happy Trails

Lock 'n Chase (Mattel)

Motocross (Intellivision)

Night Stalker (Mattel)

Sea Battle (Mattel)

Snafu (Mattel)

Soccer (Mattel)

Space Armada (Mattel and Sears)

Space Battle (Mattel both red and blue boxes, Intellivision)

Space Hawk

Space Spartans

Stampede

Star Strike (Mattel and Intellivision)

Tennis (Mattel)

Venture

Edited by Cheese007

Picked up quite a few today:

Atari 2600

Gangster Alley

Jungle Hunt

Keystone Kapers

Mario Bros.

Moon Patrol

Oink!

Plaque Attack

Popeye

Q-Bert

Revenge of the Beefsteak Tomatoes

NES

Ikari Warriors

SNES

Dennis the Menace

Paperboy 2

Intellivision

Pitfall

The Power of He-Man

Bought my first Vectrex today!

Unit with one controller Star Trek and Scramble.

$80 from craigslist haggled down from $100.

Not a stellar deal but fair enough for me.

I have wanted one of these since 1982!

Also got a Zizzle Marvel Heroes vs Villains pinball machine for $50 the other day.

It is quite a fun game and goes great with my Tomy Atomic Pinball and American Pinball machines.

Still trying to get up on a Tron arcade machine that is apparently in the basement of a neighbor of a friend. More news on that later...

Ah, but did they come with the transmitter part? I'd say if not, you had a lousy day. :thumbsdown:

:twisted:

:D

WHA...!?! That Chrono for 50 cents is perhaps one of the best finds this year. :thumbsup: Not quite the Stadium Mud Buggies or Qbert Qubes that were sold for 50 cents each in 2004 but fairly close.

AX

What on earth is that? A dedicated missile command game I'm guessing?

http://www.handheldm...om/Tomy/Hit.htm

I'd say closer to Air Sea Battle. My friend in grade school had this and Demolition Derby (I think that was what it was called) and I had BLIP. I was so jealous that his loud mechanical games were cooler than mine :D

Edited by AtariLeaf

What on earth is that? A dedicated missile command game I'm guessing?

http://www.handheldm...om/Tomy/Hit.htm

I'd say closer to Air Sea Battle. My friend in grade school had this and Demolition Derby (I think that was what it was called) and I had BLIP. I was so jealous that his loud mechanical games were cooler than mine icon_mrgreen.gif

I had Hit and Missile when I was a kid and I loved it. My brother had some kind of racing game made by the same company. Nice score!

Ah, but did they come with the transmitter part? I'd say if not, you had a lousy day. :thumbsdown:

:twisted:

:D

WHA...!?! That Chrono for 50 cents is perhaps one of the best finds this year. :thumbsup: Not quite the Stadium Mud Buggies or Qbert Qubes that were sold for 50 cents each in 2004 but fairly close.

AX

SNES Chrono Trigger for 50 cents

:-o

I'm royally jealous! Thats a crazy low price for Chrono Trigger!

Here's the evidence. The tag says $1.00 but it was 1/2 off day at the thrift. :cool:

ChronoTrigger.jpg

I haven't been actively looking for things since I'm actually in a selling mode, but these were both via ebay and since they were in my city I picked them up and avoided shipping charges and got them for $13 for the pair.

I also found one of those Blip games, pretty interesting little game. Wish mine was boxed though...

Here's the evidence. The tag says $1.00 but it was 1/2 off day at the thrift. :cool:

Very nice find! A lot better than what I've found this year.

Ok, I did pretty decent today. 2 dollars a cart and here's what I got. A more than decent haul.

Super Mario All Star & Super Mario World - worth about 20

Adventures of Batman & Robin - Worth about 15 to 20

SMB 3 - Worth about 10

Yoshi - Worth about 5

post-22224-129776163365_thumb.jpg

Course, none of these beat Chonotrigger for 50 cents. Holy crap! You can't get that for less than 60 dollars on ebay.

Edited by Lendorien

My apologies if this isn't in the correct thread, but I just wanted to express some excitement for a GREAT game store that I just found for the first time last night. I'm out of town on a business trip and was bored, so I decided to do a little recon out and about last night. Anyway, stumbled on this place. Walked in and met the owner (Mike). Great guy....has items from new Xbox 360 Kinect sensors to Oddessy 2 stuff. Awesome! My kind of place!

Anyway, I love to get me modern gaming on, but it was really for the classic stuff that brought me out. He had 6 titles for the Vectrex in stock, brand new!?! And I'm talking multiple copies of each one. That is I believe the 1st time I've ever run across Vectrex games in the wild. I can't remember all the titles unfortunately....only Star Treck and Rip Off come to mind.

He had a lot of O2 stuff....maybe 10 different new titles in stock, along with a Quest for the Rings Master Strategy Series game (I don't think it was new, but definitely in wonderful shape and in the box).

Anyway, what really got me excited (and is in keeping with the value nature of this thread, I think) was that he had brand new & shrinkwrapped 7800 titles in stock. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but it was just great to see brand new 7800 games out in the wild. I picked up Ballblazer and Xevious for $5 each, shrinkwrapped.