IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Picked these up today, found them on craigslist. Paid $70 for 15 games with 2 of them being repeats(Keith Courage, Pacland). Sold the repeats and 3 sports games I had no interest in playing. Going to use the money to buy a Turbo Pad so I can actually play my TurboGrafx-16. :)

post-28757-0-70323300-1300846113_thumb.jpg

Edited by A_Locomotive

I didn't find anything exciting but did stop at my usual spot to pick some things up that I had on hold. And, as I was there, I saw some more 99 cent N64 carts that I couldn't resist. They had a bunch of sports like football, baseball and all that but I was only interested in those if they were Blitz or Slugfest. Anyway, the prices were good and I also picked up a bunch of the Nintendo 64 hard plastic cases that they used to make. I have about 20 of them but don't know if I really want them. Maybe someone here or on ebay would want them.

Here's what I found for about $15 Total including the crazy 9% tax here:

post-4103-0-90307000-1300865409_thumb.jpg

I had a little bit of points so the 1.99 NFL Blitz game was really only 99. I had never heard of RAT ATTACK so thought I would try it for $3 and thought THE NEW TETRIS was also worth $3

For $15 plus two Pac-Man VCS carts, I got the following at a local Play-N-Trade:

Virtua Racing CIB for 32X

Yoshi's Cookie and Pipe Dream for Game Boy

Shadowgate Classic and Montezuma's Return for Game Boy Color

Chessmaster for Game Boy Advance

I've been wanting to snag a copy of Yoshi's Cookie for my girlfriend for some time. They wanted $10 for it (the other games were $3 each), but I got $5 in trade-in value from the Pac-Man carts, so it all worked out rather well, I'd say. :D

Edited by thegoldenband

For $15 plus two Pac-Man VCS carts, I got the following at a local Play-N-Trade:

Virtua Racing CIB for 32X

Yoshi's Cookie and Pipe Dream for Game Boy

Shadowgate Classic and Montezuma's Return for Game Boy Color

Chessmaster for Game Boy Advance

I've been wanting to snag a copy of Yoshi's Cookie for my girlfriend for some time. They wanted $10 for it (the other games were $3 each), but I got $5 in trade-in value from the Pac-Man carts, so it all worked out rather well, I'd say. :D

WOW, I need a play-n-trade around here then. If I could get 2.50 for a pacman cart on trade in I would be in great shape. As It stands I can get a buck a piece for Atari games at the local store, so I don't trade in many at all. I have 60 something common doubles right now I would love to trade in for 2.50 each.

Couple of nice finds lately.

Goodwill:

Sega Genesis Dinoland (complete) $2.99

Craigslist find:

A bunch of fairly worthwhile Sega Genesis RPG's all but one CIB and all with manuals:

Centurion Defender of Rome

Gengis Khan II Clan of Gray Wolf

Liberty or Death

Operation Europe: Path to Victory

P.T.O. - Pacific Theater of Operations

Romance of the Three Kingdoms II

Romance of the Three Kingdoms III

Wariors of Rome II

Nobunga's Ambition

Paid $20 for the lot, not too shabby! I'd never knew there were so many RPG's for the Genesis. I don't play em myself, but a buddy of mine collects these.

From the same guy, I bought a 2600 lot, about 76 games and a Light-sixer

Can you believe all those games, and not a single new one for me? :sad: Oh well,

Overpaid a bit at $50, but I know I can split this up and still make some money.

post-12780-0-77041800-1301014398_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-51294200-1301014408_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-67197800-1301014465_thumb.jpg

Last few days...

CIMG2083.jpg

Super Famicom From TV Animation Slam Dunk-$4.99 at Goodwill.

CIMG2085.jpg

PS1 King of Fighters '99 (Japanese), Arcade's Greatest Hits-Atari Collection 1 & Crash Bandicoot 2-Cortex Strikes Back (3D cover)-$5 each at an Out of the Closet thrift.

CIMG2081.jpg

Chinese Counter Strike-Condition Zero-$4.99 at Goodwill. These were also in the box...

CIMG2082.jpg

Chinese copies of Test Drive, Grand Prix 3, NBA Live 2001 and Bubble Bobble, and a Half Life 2 preview disc.

This is actually a couple finds. The games I recently found in a sack for $10, the system I've had for a few weeks and couldn't have been more than five or so.

Interesting little system. It switches from right to left handed by flipping a switch and rotating the control surfaces (which are mounted on balls). The battery compartment is also quite ingeniously designed to accept AA cells or cradle charging a rechargeable. The screen isn't so hot though and displays lots of motion blur.

The games that I've tried so far are not much to write home about, but on the up side they're not all overly educational.

0325112.jpg

Edited by Reaperman

From the same guy, I bought a 2600 lot, about 76 games and a Light-sixer

Can you believe all those games, and not a single new one for me? :sad: Oh well,

Overpaid a bit at $50, but I know I can split this up and still make some money.

Please send me Space Chase and Miner 2049er if they are dupes. How much would you want for the two?

Picked up two boxed, barely used Spectravideo QuickShot joysticks for $5 a piece. They also came with Spectravideo catalogs and instructions. From the same place I got a boxed Swordquest: Fireworld and some assorted manuals and catalogs. One was a Strategy X manual - now I just need to find that game! This all came to $11.

Then at a different place I found Dark Chambers and 3D Tic Tac Toe for the 2600 for $7. Got to Level S in Dark Chambers and died. Cool game. I'm lovin' these joysticks, btw.

Picked up at my local flea market:

Superman - Text label

Spider-man

Dragster - missing end label

space cavern - blue label - missing end label

space war - text label - missing end label

tennis - activision

and an Atari VCS Owner's Manual

All for $5.

Very good day :D