IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I was dropping my daughter off at school on Friday and the church next door was having a rummage sale. Awesome! Nothing like some unexpected thrifting before having to go to work! Going inside, I was pleased to find the following pile of goodness:

post-26465-0-54990800-1301270611_thumb.jpg

A Vader in very nice cosmetic condition, two Suncom Slikstik joysticks, a set of paddles, three power supplies and the abomination that is the pistol-grip controller in the picture (I have a brand new one in box, horrible controller). I got the works for $10, so just for the Slik-stiks I came out ok. The console is non-functional so far (hence the shell-only appearance n the pic, which I didnt think to take any until I tore it apart), so I will probably be posting a "help me fix my Vader" message soon.....

Wow where do you guys get all the good stuff? Best I've found lately was a Realsports Baseball for the 2600 in the box with everything, a controller for the PS1 I'd never seen before and Battlestar Galactica in the box, with manual and in great condition for the PS2 all for $3.00. Oh and a PS1 memory card they threw in for a quarter.

I was actually amazed to find that they had a few VB games. All were around 20 bucks a pop with the exception of teleroboxer

What else did they have?

Gosh I can't say I remember. If you wanted some for the price + shipping feel free to PM me and I can give them a call to see what they have icon_smile.gif

Wow where do you guys get all the good stuff? Best I've found lately was a Realsports Baseball for the 2600 in the box with everything, a controller for the PS1 I'd never seen before and Battlestar Galactica in the box, with manual and in great condition for the PS2 all for $3.00. Oh and a PS1 memory card they threw in for a quarter.

Something I learned just today is always check out the CD section of thrift stores. I found a couple dreamcast/ps1 games for real cheap! icon_smile.gif

Not exactly a thrift store, but more of a me store (star wars figures, magic cards, comic books, classic games, ARGGGH) in the mall (!?), and I got a pretty good deal I think

Super Famicom kirby super star

Famicom konami ARPG ? (excited)

2600 Star Strike

2600 adventures of he man (or whatever it's called)

2600 Tac-Scan

2600 millipede

NES rad gravity

NES widget

NES lazer invasion

NES palamedes

just under 50$.

There are a few interesting NES games left... battle tank, star trek TNG... all under six bucks. Then again, he knows Chrono trigger is worth money. Half-ass research. Bought a rare CV game for a buck there a while back

It's a bad sign around here, no matter where you go. Yard Sales, Pawn Shops, Thrift Stores... when I ask for games, they all recommend checking online. For an area that isn't evolved (grocery store owner, didn't know what eBay was) I sure didn't expect all the classic game goodies to be gone. Maybe they just never bought them in the first place. Farmers don't game I guess.

AX

Went to Goodwill with the GF the other day and hit a major score... at least for me.

King's Quest I

King's Quest IV

King's Quest: Mask of Eternity

Lost in Time

The Colonel's Bequest

Wing Commander II Deluxe

Curse of Enchantia

Legend of Kyrandia Book 2

Beyond Oasis

Fallout Tactics

Total spent was around 40 dollars.

post-22224-0-50297100-1301502240_thumb.jpg

I came out way ahead on this one as some of the games are worth $10-30. All of the games are complete with all manuals, etc and in really good condition. Someone unloaded all their classic adventure games. Beyond Oasis was an especially nice find at only 3 bucks.

King's Quest I also has KQ2 in it. Apparently it was a bonus deal that whoever owned it got. There were more games at the goodwill that day including Inca II and a few others, but I had to limit my spending amount so I got the ones that I had most interest in. Don't you hate that? :P

Edited by Lendorien

It's a bad sign around here, no matter where you go. Yard Sales, Pawn Shops, Thrift Stores... when I ask for games, they all recommend checking online. For an area that isn't evolved (grocery store owner, didn't know what eBay was) I sure didn't expect all the classic game goodies to be gone. Maybe they just never bought them in the first place. Farmers don't game I guess.

AX

Have you tried Craigslist in your area? Maybe you would find some classic gaming goodness by placing a games/systems wanted ad on the local CL site?

Where I am now is exactly 1.5hrs from Nashville, and 1.5hrs from Chattanooga. There is no CL post for our area. If you are lucky you see a 360 or PS2 up for McMinnville, but for the most part nothing within an hour drive. That's worth it for a good score, but the typical $40 and under classic stuff... the gas/time kills it.

AX

AX

Have you tried Craigslist in your area? Maybe you would find some classic gaming goodness by placing a games/systems wanted ad on the local CL site?

...and Craigslist strikes again if you are able to click the link, dude still has it up for sale but it's in my closet, LOL! I will post what it was, all for $40 and pics of course.

I'm very pleased because I called first thing this morning and he said someone called him and is meeting him after he gets off work today. But, he was late or something and he called me. I wrote it off and just thought I was a few hours too late on that deal. I'm actually up in Kingman right now, I live in Phoenix. So, nice score while here!

Craigslist LINK

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

...and Craigslist strikes again if you are able to click the link, dude still has it up for sale but it's in my closet, LOL! I will post what it was, all for $40 and pics of course.

I'm very pleased because I called first thing this morning and he said someone called him and is meeting him after he gets off work today. But, he was late or something and he called me. I wrote it off and just thought I was a few hours too late on that deal. I'm actually up in Kingman right now, I live in Phoenix. So, nice score while here!

Craigslist LINK

So, here are the pics I promised and I'm sorry if they are huge. I'm not on my normal computer and can't figure how to make them the regular size when you click them...bigger but not where you have to use a scroll bar, LOL! Anyway, looks good so far. No cleaning or testing have been done yet but...

check out what they left me in the box too, a sock, a nylon I think and even a cheeto in case I'm hungry on the ride home. :D

I thought it was awesome all that was just shoved in someone's house somewhere and they just decide to throw it on ebay. Good stuff!

post-4103-0-90654400-1301590486_thumb.jpg

post-4103-0-90387600-1301590505_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-06350300-1301590678_thumb.jpg

:D

and even a cheeto in case I'm hungry on the ride home. :D

Is that mayonnaise beside the cheeto or were you just REALLY happy with your score? :woozy:

That's actually part of this shredded plastic baggy that was in there, ya know the kind with no ziplock part. :lol:

:party:

and, yeah man, my wife thought that was a pretty good find too.

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari