IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Had some good luck today:

Yard sale #1 - six PlayStation games (Frogger 2, Galaga: Destination Earth, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Mega Man X5, Rayman, Spyro the Dragon) - all CIB except Mega Man X5 which was missing the booklet - $5.00

Yard sale #2 - got the following for $18.00, all CIB except where noted:

Genesis - Judge Dredd, Street Fighter II: Championship Edition, Super Street Fighter II, Tiny Toon Adventures, Uncharted Waters: New Horizons (missing map), plus empty boxes for MKII and MK3

Sega CD - Adventures of Batman & Robin, Ecco 2: The Tides of Time, Eternal Champions CD, Ground Zero: Texas, NHL '94, Road Rash CD, Sewer Shark (loose), Sonic CD, Tomcat Alley

#2 guy also had a full Genesis/Sega CD/32X setup, and some Genesis/32X games I didn't snag because I already had them. He brought everything out in a big Tupperware container when I asked about "old video games", but didn't seem ready to sell the whole thing outright.

This made up for a disappointing start to the day -- we got up early to hit two yard sales that specifically advertised video games, only to find that Some GuyTM had already gotten there. He did leave behind a Game Gear, which I didn't notice and my girlfriend only mentioned after we left, but I haven't gotten around to recapping the one I already have, so...

One yard sale had a Sears Tele-Games six-switcher in nice condition with multiple controllers (including paddles and keypads), plus a dozen games with manuals, all common except for Stellar Track (which didn't have its manual). He wanted $150 for it, which of course is crazy -- but since most people who ask that kind of money have dusty, beaten-up four-switchers with a bunch of loose commons and random copies of 7800 Pole Position II, it's a pleasant change when the person asking for crazy money at least takes good care of his stuff.

So I got out a bit more today to see what I could spend a few dollars on. I still didn't find a Taco Truck anywhere, but I got some good stuff.

Atari 5200 Games:

Super Cobra

Vanguard

Defender

Centipede

Dig Dug X2

Gyruss

Galaxian

Pacman

Popeye

James Bond 007

Countermeasure

Congo Bongo

Berzerk

Kaboom

Boxed Pengo

Boxed Qix

Atari 5200 Controller (doesn't work. :()

$1 each. Total $17

Atari 2600:

Dishaster

GI Joe

Defender II

Congo Mongo

James Bond 007

StarGate

Radar Lock

Planet Patrol

$1 each $8 total

Instruction Manuals for Atari 2600:

Spike's Peak

Chuck Norris

Tomarc the barbarian

Sir Lancelot

Ghost Manor

Manual for Colecovision: Motocross Racer

$5 for all of the manuals.

I talked to the person who sold me these. Someone around here got a great deal on these games, and a Condor Attack. :(

However, she's got a 'practically new' Atari 2600 in the attic that she is going to bring down and let me make an offer. I can't wait to see it.

The house behind mine was having a sale. Here's what I picked up, all for $11:

Sega CD model 2 (it works)

Sega Genesis model 2 (no power supply and the RF switchbox that came with it had a bent connector)

2 AC adapters for the above Sega CD and model 1 Genesis

SG Propad 2 six-button controller

Genesis 3-button controller

an S-video cable :? (male connectors at both ends)

the following loose Genesis carts:

Disney's Aladdin

Disney's The Jungle Book

Chiki Chiki Boys

Chester Cheetah: To Cool To Fool

Mortal Kombat

Home Alone

Hook

Eternal Champions

Strret Fighter II: Champion Edition

the following Genesis carts with box

Golden Axe

Streets Of Rage 2

CastleVania Bloodlines

Pit-Fighter

Wimbeldon Champion Tennis

Fatal Fury

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 ("not for resale" crossed ou with marker)

Virtua Racing (CIB)

The following Sega CD games:

Chuck Rock 2: Son Of Chuck (disc only)

Supreme Warrior (CIB)

Slipheed (CIB, but cracked case)

WWF Rage In A Cage (heavily scratched, keep getting "disc error" message)

Sewer Shark (disc only)

Edited by snorlaxnut

The house behind mine was having a sale. Here's what I picked up, all for $11:

Sega CD model 2 (it works)

Sega Genesis model 2 (no power supply and the RF switchbox that came with it had a bent connector)

2 AC adapters for the above Sega CD and model 1 Genesis

SG Propad 2 six-button controller

Genesis 3-button controller

an S-video cable :? (male connectors at both ends)

the following loose Genesis carts:

Disney's Aladdin

Disney's The Jungle Book

Chiki Chiki Boys

Chester Cheetah: To Cool To Fool

Mortal Kombat

Home Alone

Hook

Eternal Champions

Strret Fighter II: Champion Edition

the following Genesis carts with box

Golden Axe

Streets Of Rage 2

CastleVania Bloodlines

Pit-Fighter

Wimbeldon Champion Tennis

Fatal Fury

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 ("not for resale" crossed ou with marker)

Virtua Racing (CIB)

The following Sega CD games:

Chuck Rock 2: Son Of Chuck (disc only)

Supreme Warrior (CIB)

Slipheed (CIB, but cracked case)

WWF Rage In A Cage (heavily scratched, keep getting "disc error" message)

Sewer Shark (disc only)

Nice lot of stuff you picked up.

Was out and about Saturday and found a few things:

PS1

Heroes of Might and Magic

Controller from MadCats

NES

Othello

Power Glove game Super Glove Ball (no glove though)

N64

Gameshark

I think I paid $13 for all of it. Heroes of Might and Magic looks brand new. No scratches on the disk at all. Of course the Goodwill I bought it from wrote on the outside of the case which I'll have to replace. Nothing at any garage sales I went to though. All kids clothes and glassware. What the hey? Ah well time to look for more.

Rich

I hate being in the position to tell someone that what they have isn't worth what they think; because it looks like i'm trying to get a deal even if I have no personal interest and am just setting them straight.

I know what you mean. The Goodwill I went to Saturday had a Genesis system with only the AC plug, no controllers, no games, no other connections, and they wanted $70.99 for it. I was going to tell the lady there that you'll never sell it for that but they have a tendency to get upset and tell you to leave. If you had everything for it and a game or two, decent games not sports stuff, you might get $20 or $25 for it but $70, not happening.

Nearly a total washout this weekend. Got up at 6:30 am on Saturday to hit a sale that was 20 minutes away and started at 7am. The CL ad said they had "vintage games" and "vintage systems" as well as Star Wars toys and stuff like that. Get there at 7am and there was nothing but junk. A beat up Genesis set, an N64 with no controllers or games, and a boxed original Xbox were the highlights. Also had some beat up vintage Star Wars toys, but I ended up walking away with nothing. :x What ticked me off is I sent the guy an email a couple of days before to see if he would at least give me an idea what he had, but no response.

The rest of the day went about the same, not a lot of sales to begin with due to the holiday I guess, and nothing worthwhile at the sales I found.

Only thing I bought ALL day was a loose copy of Xenophobe for the NES for $.99 :roll:

My find of the week was a whole new store! A new used game shop has opened in the local mall, covering everything back to old NES games. The selection was bare, probably to be expected for a new store that doesn't have a big network like GameStop, and the prices were about what you'd expect (no steals), but it will be cool to have a new place to look each week to potentially fill out the collection!

They also have the new NES/SNES/Genesis combi console for $80. If their trade-in values are somewhere near fair, I just might have to unload some of these NES and Genesis duplicates I've had sitting on my shelf for a while.

Dunno if this qualifies as 'thrift store' material, but I got 250 plus CIB SNES games along with 20-25 carts, Two NES systems, and a handful of NES carts for all of nothing. Among them I got Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Castlevania IV, Lufia's one and two, all CiB. Best. Day. Ever. :cool:

TAKE PICTURES!

Dunno if this qualifies as 'thrift store' material, but I got 250 plus CIB SNES games along with 20-25 carts, Two NES systems, and a handful of NES carts for all of nothing. Among them I got Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Castlevania IV, Lufia's one and two, all CiB. Best. Day. Ever. :cool:

TAKE PICTURES!

Will do! :D

I have closer to 100 CiB SNES carts, though... :ponder:

Edited by Pureisuteshon Tsu

$25 for the bundled Atari with "Atari" games. Yeah, more like some C64 games! Super Zaxxon, Frogger I & II, Congo Bongo, Pitfall I & II. Hard to find prices for these. I know C64 carts were passed over for "free" pirated games on disk back in the day...

Good 'ole Moonsweeper was included and Dolphin.

$5 each for the Xbox games. Love those Big Duke Xbox controllers, $5.

post-23143-0-21392500-1310094192_thumb.jpg

Dunno how to format images into my post, but heres one shot of all the games. Pardon all of the shenanigans going about on my shelves...

And here's poor one of the games I mentioned in my first post. Along with a Super Famicom Tetris 2. Because I like it. xD

post-30185-0-09169700-1310096242_thumb.jpg

post-30185-0-34290600-1310096426_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pureisuteshon Tsu

Battletoads NES (CB) $2.99 Goodwill

The Wiz DVD Goodwill $2.99

Vixen Rev it Up $1 Rasputine Records

The Monkess Greatest Hits $1.95 Rasputine Records

PS2 Remote Free from a friend

Selena Gomez & the Scene When the Sun Goes Down 4 Extra Songs - $12.98 Target

Vixen - $1 Rasputine Records Few Weeks ago

068.jpg