IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Got a handful of NES carts today at the thrift, $3 each.

Gauntlet in the NES shell.

Gradius.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!

Ninja Gaiden (already had it, bought it on the off chance my friend might want it, will be trading it at the game store)

Acclaim's Star Voyager.

Ultima Exodus.

post-8107-0-37685600-1310428997_thumb.jpg

Fine, I'll just go twice in a row then. :P Today's findings...

7387099f.jpg

Today's findings:

Sealed 3DS Super Monkey Ball ($3) and DC House of the Dead 2, Soul Calibur & Tokyo Extreme Racer ($1 each) were at a random thrift near my work.

GC Mario Party 7 (missing manual, $4.99), Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack ($4.99) and Xbox 360 Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts Demo Disc ($3.99) were at a random thrift near my gf's house.

PS1 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee was $3.99 at a Salvation Army.

Sealed PC Final Fantasy XI Ultimate Collection ($4.99) and American McGee's Alice ($4.99) were at a different Salvation Army, in fact the same one where I found this sealed Alice. This one is opened at the bottom, which I guess explains why it's a dollar more. ;)

Not too bad today. Headed out to a garage sale advertised as having a whole lot of old games. Well there were a hell of a lot and they were very fairly priced so I didn't pick up much at all but what I did get were the following.

$40

post-22364-0-03195600-1310848564_thumb.jpg

$35

post-22364-0-08378900-1310848592_thumb.jpg

$10 Just using it to display Winamp when playing games.

post-22364-0-03391200-1310848669_thumb.jpg

Stuff I passed up included a loose 32x, complete Model 1 Saturn, 5 fat PS2s, 2 Dreamcasts, 3 NESs and a couple transparent N64's.

Here's the ad if you guys want to see what else he had.

http://bazaar-app.appspot.com/c?ct=ztfGm5TnlT2gJo%2BOELLpIQ==&c=0

I never see stuff like this in thrifts around here. All I ever see is old sports games.

Fine, I'll just go twice in a row then. :P Today's findings...

Today's findings:

Sealed 3DS Super Monkey Ball ($3) and DC House of the Dead 2, Soul Calibur & Tokyo Extreme Racer ($1 each) were at a random thrift near my work.

GC Mario Party 7 (missing manual, $4.99), Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack ($4.99) and Xbox 360 Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts Demo Disc ($3.99) were at a random thrift near my gf's house.

PS1 Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee was $3.99 at a Salvation Army.

Sealed PC Final Fantasy XI Ultimate Collection ($4.99) and American McGee's Alice ($4.99) were at a different Salvation Army, in fact the same one where I found this sealed Alice. This one is opened at the bottom, which I guess explains why it's a dollar more. ;)

Found a Heathkit ET-3400 Trainer, it's a 6800-based single board computer thingy.

Unfortunately it was a little grungy and very old and did not work as-is. I tried reseating chips, and some of them (all of one type of TTL chip in particular) had pins break off as I pulled them from the sockets. So it's going to be a bit of work to fix it. At least the manuals are scanned to PDF.

A hot and steamy weekend so the fleas were not good.

Lot's of decent systems to be had if you are new to collecting, but nothing really new.

Did find Bart Vs. The World for the NES for $2, and for $3 I found an IR receiver for the PS2. Now my DVD remote will work. ;)

A hot and steamy weekend so the fleas were not good.

Lot's of decent systems to be had if you are new to collecting, but nothing really new.

Did find Bart Vs. The World for the NES for $2, and for $3 I found an IR receiver for the PS2. Now my DVD remote will work. ;)

Same for me, can't wait for it to cool down so more people will show up at the local flea market here.

Did manage to find Dragon Warrior III for $5, so it wasn't too bad this weekend.

Chu Chu Rocket for the Dreamcast, $2.50. Not much, but it was something after a pretty dry run.

One of the local Goodwills also has some Atari 2600 cartridges in. Overpriced Centipede and Maze Craze, among others, but at least none of them are Combat.

Hit a local thrift at lunch and found a CIB Castle Of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse for the genesis, $2.24

Also a bag of 4 NES titles for $2.99 (Tetris, Fester's Quest, SMB\DH, and SMB\DH\T&F), and Top Gear Rally for the N64 for $1.49.

Kinda makes up for a lousy weekend. :D

Goodwill today:

CIMG2380.jpg

Twisted Metal III, Nightmare Creatures II and Loaded were $2.99. FFVII was $4.99. All complete and in good shape.

CIMG2382.jpg

The pink (and bedazzled) DS Lite and all of the games were $19.99 total. Pretty hot just for the unit and the Mario games alone. Not as hot as the pink, but almost.

Got today for 20 euro:

Gamegear, with bad caps, but works.

13 games;

Columns

Legendof Illusion staring Mickey Mouse

Halley Wars

Prince of Persia

Jungle Book

Devilish

Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap

Double Dragon

Klax

Sonic 1

Sonic 2

Sonic Chaos

Sonic The Hedgehog Tripple Trouble

Craigslist:

Nice looking, great working Sega Nomad w/ battery pack

Game Gear Rechargable Battery Pack (works with Nomad)

Model 2 Sega Genesis AC Cable (works with Nomad)

Phantasy Star II CIB w/ hintbook

Phantasy Star IV w/ Manual

Genesis Game Genie

Midway's Arcade Greatest Hits loose

Beyond Oasis loose

Winter Olympic Games loose

Risk: The World Conquest Game loose

all for $50 - before this lot, I'd have paid $50 for a loose Nomad!

Craigslist:

Nice looking, great working Sega Nomad w/ battery pack

Game Gear Rechargable Battery Pack (works with Nomad)

Model 2 Sega Genesis AC Cable (works with Nomad)

Phantasy Star II CIB w/ hintbook

Phantasy Star IV w/ Manual

Genesis Game Genie

Midway's Arcade Greatest Hits loose

Beyond Oasis loose

Winter Olympic Games loose

Risk: The World Conquest Game loose

all for $50 - before this lot, I'd have paid $50 for a loose Nomad!

Cebus was selling on in marketplace for $35 shipped (not sure if it is sold already). Granted, with all the extra goodies, this was a stellar haul.

AX