IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

mk2, road rash GEN - 3.99 ea

two GCN extender cables 2.99 ea

FF12 PS2 2.99

the real prize for me was a heartquest book I was missing... cheesy for-girls spinoff of the DnD-licensed choose-your-owny "endless quest" series, which I collect for, along with most fantasy gamebooks. Can never find the covers intact, though... they all have one of those punched hole window covers, and it invariably rips.

Found an iMac with keyboard at the Flea Market today. I knew it was there though. He was asking $25 and I got it for $15. Good deal? IDK but I've been wanting an older Mac. It boots to desk top but I cannot go any further right now. It only has 2 USB slots, one for the keyboard, and one for the mouse. Wouyld you beleive I do not have a single USB mouse in the house?!?! They're all PS/2 or 9 Pins. Guess I will have to wait a day or two to play with it. I've gotta clean her up a bit anyway. Look at those lovely hearts on it, not to mention it's nasty as hell anyway.

B

post-29567-0-62734400-1312053070_thumb.jpg

Found an iMac with keyboard at the Flea Market today. I knew it was there though. He was asking $25 and I got it for $15. Good deal? IDK but I've been wanting an older Mac. It boots to desk top but I cannot go any further right now. It only has 2 USB slots, one for the keyboard, and one for the mouse. Wouyld you beleive I do not have a single USB mouse in the house?!?! They're all PS/2 or 9 Pins. Guess I will have to wait a day or two to play with it. I've gotta clean her up a bit anyway. Look at those lovely hearts on it, not to mention it's nasty as hell anyway.

B

icon_lust.gif I've been wanting to buy one just like that. I'd pay $15 for that any day.

Today at Goodwill: PS2 Network adapter (new in package) $3.99

Past few weeks Goodwill finds

PS2 fat with network adapter / component cable and memcard. $7.99

XBOX - 4 controllers $9.99

Genesis Model 1 with 3 controllers and connectors / ActionMax console only in plastic container $7.99

Gamecube - Eternal Darkness new sealed - $3

SNES core unit - $10

$5 plastic box with - N64 cartrige cleaning kit(2 carts) / NES rf adapter / SNES RF adapter / N64 transfer pack with Pokemon Gold Gameboy cart

Wii core (works but has a broken reset button) $30

Flea market:

2 DS Lites 1 working other needs repair $20

Not a video game find, but a nice haul nonetheless. For a classic rock fan, my CD collection has been pitifully lacking in Queen CDs, sporting only the 2-disc greatest hits compilation. That changed on Saturday when I found six of their original albums plus 1995's Made in Heaven, all for a $1.25 a pop. They're the 1991 remasters, too. I'm happy. Now I just need to find a similar deal on the rest of the catalog.

Not a video game find, but a nice haul nonetheless. For a classic rock fan, my CD collection has been pitifully lacking in Queen CDs, sporting only the 2-disc greatest hits compilation. That changed on Saturday when I found six of their original albums plus 1995's Made in Heaven, all for a $1.25 a pop. They're the 1991 remasters, too. I'm happy. Now I just need to find a similar deal on the rest of the catalog.

Very nice! There has never been a time like today to pick up cheap CDs. I just love that people are dumping all their CDs after they rip them to ipods. :roll: The best part is that most are going for $1 or less! And that's with cases and liner notes. :thumbsup:

Been pretty lazy posting my yard sale finds lately. :ponder: I need to keep up on it, it helps me to have a record so I see that it's still worthwhile.

Lets see:

This past weekend.

Xbox 360 Beatles Rockband Hofner Bass and a Mic with stand - $15 it also came with a PS2 RB usb adapter.

CIB SNES controller - $2

At a pawn shop, saw a box behind the counter with a bunch of carts, so I asked if I could take a look. Was amazed to see a number of Colecovision carts! Picked up:

Miner 2049er

Mr. Do

Tele Turtle

also

2600 - Peter Rose Baseball

N64 - Iggy's Reckin' Balls

N64 - Chameleon Twist

Got the lot for $26, not great, but not bad for a pawn.

Last week I found a dirty N64 set with a bunch of decent games for $20 and a NES Powerpad for $1.50, can't say what games are in the N64 set though, it's been sitting out in the garage airing out the smoke smell. :woozy:

Stopped by Goodwill today and started browsing the new items and saw a small pile of NES / Genisis / N64 / gameboy carts. Before looking I thought if there is going to be something interesting then perhaps I'd pickup a few carts as they typically are $2.99 or more regardless of system. Not sure why I bothered to check but glad that I did as it turns out that they were all $0.59 and I grabbed them all. Time to try out a few of these tonight. :)

Genisis - Sonic , Sonic 2, Sonic 3d Blast, Aladdin, Toy Story, The Lion King, Jurassic Park, Jungle Strike, Game Genie, Mortal Combat II boxed no manual

N64 - WF No Mercy

Gameboy - UNO, Madden 97

NES - Tetris, Life Force, Marble Madness

B

icon_lust.gif I've been wanting to buy one just like that. I'd pay $15 for that any day.

Had one in good working condition that I picked up at a yard sale for $10. I grew frustrated because no modern web browsers worked with Mac OS 10 (or whatever it was called). I ended up giving it to a local Goodwill.

B

Had one in good working condition that I picked up at a yard sale for $10. I grew frustrated because no modern web browsers worked with Mac OS 10 (or whatever it was called). I ended up giving it to a local Goodwill.

I've already killed this one unfortunately. I had it working just fine with the Ethernet cable but the only web browser I could find on it that would work was IE v4.0. Needless to say, v4.0 cannot view most web pages of today. As I was cleaning up the HD (there was a TON of .wav file absorbing most of the 6GB HD) to make room for the new stuff/updates I wanted to do to the machine, I must have deleted a system fill :ponder: Now I can't get it back to desktop. Oops. It was fun while it lasted. I have a cheap copy of Mac OS 8 on the way so I can keep killing it over and over lol. Unfortunately, the G3's are not worth much. Being from a time where they are now to slow to do much, and too new to be sought after. I knew this going into it though. I just wanted a new toy to play with. I've never own a Mac outside of the wife's new MacBook Pro. I thought this would be a good introduction.

B

iCab used to be the best browser for Mac OS Classic (pre-OS X), but I think they stopped development of the Classic branch 5-6 years ago. There was also a fork of Mozilla for OS 9 whose name I can't remember, which was worked on for a while, but I'm not sure of the status of that either -- Low End Mac would be one place to check.

iMacs are nifty machines, and can run almost all of the Mac OS library (from before OS X, anyway). They can do OK on the web if you adjust your expectations accordingly: no Flash, no significant CSS, and no Web 2.0. I really liked the text-only browser WannaBe, which is really handy for when you've got a horrible wireless connection.