IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Well, not my thriftiest find, but I think it was alright. Got it at a Disctraders, they had a little sign in a display cabinet that said something like "Atari 5200, 40+ Games, lots of controllers, ect. $99 - Please ask to see" so I did. The real reason I got it was for the not one, but TWO controller couplers, as well as there were a number of games I can use (even though I have a 128 multicart.) Talked them down a little to $85, hopefully I'll get most of that back at some point. :)

A lot of doubles though, almost like it was two identical lots in together. That's fine, most of them are new to my collection, and the other half will be bundled up with the console soon and put on CL. I have NO idea if anything works yet of course, but I'm not holding my breath on the controllers as is.

Funny thing was while I was looking through it, another guy came up and asked if they had any new Atari stuff in, and they said something about the 5200, but I had already decided I was buying it. :ponder:

post-12780-0-27253500-1312939265_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-91757400-1312939282_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-33956700-1312939304_thumb.jpg

Ok, so I recently put out an ad on Craigslist, seeking out old computers & video games -- and I got this Commodore VIC-20 haul:

Complete system in retail box w/book

C2N Datassette recorder w/manual

And a bunch of games & programs:

Draw Poker, Mole Attack, Home Babysitter, Raid on Fort Knox, Cosmic Cruncher, Pinball Spectacular, Choplifter, Spiders of Mars (FACTORY SEALED!), Jupiter Lander, Money Decisions I, Super Amok (FACTORY SEALED!), The Sky is Falling, VIC Avenger, and Dot Gobbler.

All games were boxed w/manual, with the exception of Dot Gobbler (which is probably the rarest of the lot), and a couple of tapes containing random programs. One was marked "VIC Games" -- this oughtta be fun (if it still works after all these years.) ;)

I got all this stuff for FREE -- the guy who responded said he wanted it to go to a good home, and he couldn't bring himself to "dumpster-ize" it.

• Like 1

Went to a rummage sale today... $12 :D

post-12776-0-57095900-1313020088_thumb.jpg

I also got a couple internal Zip drives for $0.50 each and a nice coffee percolator for $4.

The Tales of Symphonia alone is worth the $12.

Good port from the Dreamcast.

Edited by Shephda

Flea market finds:

CIMG2457.jpg

PS1 Digimon Rumble Arena-$1

PS2 Street Fighter Alpha Anthology-$5

SNES Super Mario World & Battletoads/Double Dragon-$5 each

Beatmania IIDX Remix for 10th Success Anniversary CD-$1

NES Basewars, complete-$1

The Ultimate Halo Companion DVD Set, missing the insert and the Exhibition 2.0 disc-$2

I also got a couple internal Zip drives for $0.50 each and a nice coffee percolator for $4.

Guwah? Pretty sure symphonia is a GCN original. Maybe you're thinking of Skies of Arcadia Legends, DC ported to GCN?

Guwah? Pretty sure symphonia is a GCN original. Maybe you're thinking of Skies of Arcadia Legends, DC ported to GCN?

Right you are, I stand corrected. Still a good game. :woozy:

Right you are, I stand corrected. Still a good game. :woozy:

Both great, actually. What made those games were the casts; better written characters than usual. Not a mile better, but enough that you noticed. Good battle systems too.

Went to Kobey's Swap Meet here today in SD… got myself two nice Sega Genesis controllers (to use on my CV or Atari 7800), Gorf, Pitfall, Turbo, and mystery (label-less) cart for Colecovision, and Atari 2600 Bank Heist for $16 bucks.

This same guy had a crummy-dirty CV unit and a filthy [A1] 7800 unit with no P/S or controllers. When I asked him how much for those, he wanted $50 for both. YEESH! I wanted badly to rescue them, but not today.

Not much at the flea markets this weekend.

Found a Gameboy Advanced case for $1.00

Pair of bongos for the Game Cube Donky Konga games for $3.00

Found a very clean Crystal Mines NES cart for $5.00

For my sons Amiga 500 I found a 100MB SCSI Zip drive with 10 unopened disks for $10.99

Edited by Shephda

Weekend finds:

post-3233-0-00214000-1313432060_thumb.jpg

GBC Space Invaders (sealed)-$3.95

GBC Metal Gear Solid-$3.95

GBA Metroid, SMB, LOZ and Link-$5.99 each

PS1 Castlevania: SON-$1.29 (Salvation Army had a 40% off sale)

5200 Ballblazer (top flap is sealed but bottom is open)-$2.25 (40% off)

post-3233-0-41019200-1313432085_thumb.jpg

Japanese Saturn Grandia (missing manual)

Yu-No (the case actually contains discs B and C of Yu-No, disc 1 of Azel: Panzer Dragon RPG and a Golden Axe-The Duel disc.)

PS1 Lightspan Timeless Math: Maya, Search and Rescue

$6 total.

This same guy had a crummy-dirty CV unit and a filthy [A1] 7800 unit with no P/S or controllers. When I asked him how much for those, he wanted $50 for both. YEESH! I wanted badly to rescue them, but not today.

Was this the regular that has a tent set up out of his van and a butt load of old consoles and games... all for way to much money? If so I've laughed at him multiple times when inquiring on price. Sorry bud but I'm not giving you $40 for SMB3. lmao