IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Just got back from checking out a pair of 2600's that popped up on craigslist. I went hoping to find a heavy or light sixer but no luck. However the guy was willing to part out the games at $1 each so I picked up 9 that I didn't have that had labels. I got: Commando Raid, Cosmic Ark, Donkey Kong, Haunted House, Infiltrate, Journey Escape, Pitfall!, Seaquest and Venture. One odd thing about the Coleco games though both have stickers on their backs saying "BONUS CARTIDGE INCLUDED WITH GEMINI PURCHASE. NON-REFUNDABLE" Never seen a copy of either game with the sticker before. Sadly he didn't have the Gemini though he must have had one at one point as he had a controller from one.

post-28757-0-97859500-1318206254_thumb.jpg

Found these at a local flea market, $15 for the lot. Most of them still have the Mongomery Wards price stickers still on them..

They actually made a cartridge for a biorhythms program? Wow, and we thought some of the original Atari 2600 cartridges were unnecessary.

Sunday swap meet:

CIMG2623.jpg

Xbox Conker Live and Reloaded demo disc-$4

GameCube RE 4 & Paper Mario-$5 each

PS1 C&C Red Alert Retaliation & Allied General-$5 each

PS2 Red Faction (sealed) & .hack//Infection demo discs-$5 each

Wavebird controller (no sensor)-$4

GB Pokemon Crystal. Yellow, Red, Silver, Gold & Blue-$5 each

GBC Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Oracle of Ages-$5 each

GB Saga 1 & Saga 2, Nekettsu Koha Kunio-kun & Super Momotarou Dentetsu-$5 each

CIMG2624.jpg

Picked this up at Game Dude while selling some stuff. It's the 2nd Sears picture label that I didn't have that I've found in the last few weeks.

Just found these at the Habitat For Humanity Re-Store. $20 for all. Pulp Fiction is the 4 disc Criterion collection & Phantom Menace is a Japanese release. I hate Phantom Menace but I've heard this is one of, if not the most beautiful LaserDisc releases ever.

post-25671-0-61663200-1318266980_thumb.jpg

post-25671-0-46014700-1318267010_thumb.jpg

post-25671-0-44032600-1318267043_thumb.jpg

post-25671-0-90159600-1318267075_thumb.jpg

post-25671-0-04523000-1318267103_thumb.jpg

post-25671-0-55054800-1318267132_thumb.jpg

Edited by GregadetH

Nice find on the Phantom Menace laserdisc! That was one of the last hurrahs for laserdiscs, and in fact was only released in Japan, if memory serves. I was on the last leg of being a laserdisc hold-out at the time, and gave some thought to buying an import when it was new.

But then I finally saw the light and bought a DVD player instead. :)

Nice find on the Phantom Menace laserdisc! That was one of the last hurrahs for laserdiscs, and in fact was only released in Japan, if memory serves. I was on the last leg of being a laserdisc hold-out at the time, and gave some thought to buying an import when it was new.

But then I finally saw the light and bought a DVD player instead. :)

Indeed it was only released in Japan. Too bad it didn't include the spine card though.

Fun fact: This LD contains the original theatrical version of Phantom Menace. All other home video releases have been "tweaked" by George Lucas in some way. I'm a big fan of directors/creators leaving their films the hell alone once they've been released. God help Zemeckis if he ever gives the BTTF trilogy the "Special Edition" treatment. lol

Fun fact: This LD contains the original theatrical version of Phantom Menace. All other home video releases have been "tweaked" by George Lucas in some way. I'm a big fan of directors/creators leaving their films the hell alone once they've been released. God help Zemeckis if he ever gives the BTTF trilogy the "Special Edition" treatment. lol

Yeah, I've read about all the different ways Lucas has poked at even the second trilogy of movies for every home video release. Reportedly he has even abandoned his idea for a TV show that would bridge the two trilogies, so he can poke at the movies some more and make 3D releases.

I'm actually not against directors revisiting old projects, since the theatrical release is often not what they intended in the first place (see: Blade Runner). But I do think they should preserve the original as well and let people decide for themselves.

You'll be happy to know Zemeckis has gone on record saying he will never go back and "clean up" his old movies.

• Like 1

Not a thrift find, but I did get an email from a local who had a tub of Commodore stuff.

Said it was dirty and that's an understatement, looks like a true barn find. Will have to do a lot of cleaning and testing.

But for $20 I got:

2x Brown C64's

1 C128

2x 1541 drives (1 lever, 1 latch style drive)

1 Blue Chip 1541 clone

A 5 and 8 pin video cable

A serial cable

A what appears to be mint MPS 802 printer in it's original shipping box

A white model C2N cassette player

A C64C style PS

Not a bad find for the money, the two video cables made the deal alone. Not I need to find that strange power cord for the Blue Chip drive. ;-)

Finally had a good week in a long time here!

Managed to get 2 Osborne Executive computers for free. I thought the guy was kidding when he said to just take them. One was working, but after maybe 2 minutes of being on, a faulty cap on the power board blew and smoke started bellowing out of the vent. Luckily it was just a filter cap, so no major damage should've occurred. The other one he said was for parts, but after opening it up, the CRT power cable was unplugged. Now it works pretty well, except one drive doesn't work.

post-19797-0-37271400-1318699190_thumb.jpg

Found some PS1 games and RE2 PC version at Goodwill for $2 each.

post-19797-0-21187200-1318699455_thumb.jpg

And found an INTV super pro system and games for $20:

post-19797-0-57733800-1318699492_thumb.jpg

Edited by SEgamer

I don't think he's going to post about it here, but AA member seanhq just called me to tell me he found a Vectrex lightpen at a Vancouver, WA area Goodwill

Green tag price: $1.99, half-price color of the day: green

one dollar for an original Vectrex lightpen :_( why don't I get this lucky

Came across this little oddball at the swap meet today, an Enterprex Apollo 2004 was only $5 so I picked it up even though I know nothing about it. I love its tan and brown color scheme, very 70's. :rolling: Now I need to figure out how to get it power since it didn't come with a power supply.

I will dig out my Enterprex 2001 and see what the power supply specs are for that one. I remember something weird in the instruction showing the consumer how to cut the wires and reconnect them reversing polarity. I will try to get a scan of that gem.

Came across this little oddball at the swap meet today, an Enterprex Apollo 2004 was only $5 so I picked it up even though I know nothing about it. I love its tan and brown color scheme, very 70's. :rolling: Now I need to figure out how to get it power since it didn't come with a power supply.

I will dig out my Enterprex 2001 and see what the power supply specs are for that one. I remember something weird in the instruction showing the consumer how to cut the wires and reconnect them reversing polarity. I will try to get a scan of that gem.

D: Yikes! If you find it pm me. :P Hopefully its similar enough where I can follow your set of instructions. I'm having a hell of a time finding out anything about this thing online aside from the year it came out.

I have stacks and stacks of goodies that I picked up over the past year but figured I would post this recent batch of stuff.

Sega 32x Star Trek Starfleet academy - 3.00

2 sega dreamcast joysticks 3.00 ea.

1 sega dreamcast memory card 1.00

1 sega dreamcast extended memory card 1.00

I passed on the boxed (I think refurbished) white dreamcast for 15.00

I also passed on a sega gensis.

Josh

post-3285-0-58936800-1318735790_thumb.jpg

Ok, so today was the last day for flea markets in my area. We had a 30% chance of rain, and generally crappy weather all weekend. I figured if it didn't look too bad when I woke up, I'd give it a shot. Alarm goes off at 8am, I get up and start the coffee. Look out the window, and yeah, it's crappy and I'm thinking of just going back to bed, but since the coffee is already going, I say screw it and get dressed and head out after a quick breakfast. Turns out the weather wasn't as bad as it looked, and boy am I glad I didn't go back to bed today because I hit the motherload!

Almost as soon as I got to the flea, I could see there were hardly any venders and not nearly as many shoppers milling around. Practically the first table I walk up to, I see just a shit ton of Atari games, pretty much the first I've seen at this flea, and not a vender I've bought from before I'm pretty sure. The first thing that caught my eye were the Starpath games, but the more I looked, the more gold I discovered. Everything was in the tub or next to it, with a sign that read "Games $1 each."

First I start picking, but then I quickly go for broke and ask what they would take for the whole lot. The guy counts the games (over 90 total) and tells me to make an offer. Well, given his pricing of $1 each, I figure I can get them down a bit, so I start with $60 for the lot. He was thinking $80, but we split at $70 for the lot. Thank GOD I stopped at the bank before we got there.

The pics tell the story, but here are the highlights:

Starpath games all 100% Complete in box:

Dragonstomper (SEALED)

Suicide Mission

Fireball

Escape from the Mindmaster

Sega 2600 games - all SEALED as noted:

Sub Scan (shrikwrapped)

Tac-Scan (shrikwrapped)

Star Trek SOS (Glued Shut)

Thunderground (Glued Shut)

Misc Loose 2600 games of interest:

Tanks But No Tanks

Cosmic Corridor

Spacemaster X-7

Miner 2049er

Steeple Chase

Stellar Track

Beaney Bopper

All good right? Mere childs play compared to this:

A 100% complete in box VentureVision Rescue Terra I! This is my first and only R9 and I am just thrilled! The box is a little worn, but the cart label and inserts are pristine.

And of course, there were the other 75 or so games, and while most are pretty common stuff, they are nearly all in perfect condition, even most of the Activision labels are plaque free.

This lot is one of my best finds ever, maybe up there with the sealed 2600 Promo set I got early this summer. This is going to sound crazy to some of you, but I'm strangely disappointed regarding the sealed games. I'm not a sealed collector, but I don't want to open them either. So that means I'll have to sell them to get open copies if I want the play them. I know, gotta complain about something right?

While I'm dealing with this guy, my wife calls me and says there is a dealer with a bunch of stuff including a TG16 set. So as soon as I'm done I run over there and pick up this set for $15!

TG16

Turbo Tap

Turbo Stick joystick

Splatterhouse (loose)

At another dealer I got a loose copy of Yoshi's Cookie SNES for my wife for $3 (yawn)

All in all, a pretty good day! (And a fitting end to what has been a pretty lackluster season, the previously mentioned sealed Atari not withstanding.) :)

post-12780-0-99411800-1318789709_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-03345000-1318789711_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-69906700-1318789711_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-50030900-1318789712_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-32301300-1318789713_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-84375300-1318789713_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-42857800-1318789714_thumb.jpg

post-12780-0-00645500-1318789715_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

post-22364-0-25118100-1318742431_thumb.jpg

That is a Voodoo2 3D card with what looks like 12MB of video memory. It requires a cable to connect VGA output from the video card to the back of this card. The cable for the monitor then connects to the other VGA connector on the card. The card itself is not capable of 2d graphics and requires a standard video card for that. If you had a second card with the SLI (I think that's what it was called) connector, you could join them together to split the 3D workload.

It's quite nice for older games that don't support Direct3D or OpenGL.

post-22364-0-25118100-1318742431_thumb.jpg

That is a Voodoo2 3D card with what looks like 12MB of video memory. It requires a cable to connect VGA output from the video card to the back of this card. The cable for the monitor then connects to the other VGA connector on the card. The card itself is not capable of 2d graphics and requires a standard video card for that. If you had a second card with the SLI (I think that's what it was called) connector, you could join them together to split the 3D workload.

It's quite nice for older games that don't support Direct3D or OpenGL.

It's been a while, but I thought the Voodoo2 was an OpenGL card, that's why the Quake guys were into them?